the crane the crane | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

the other camera has the zoom function as well which is nice..

too bad SU didnt spend the extra $20 for a big time camera setup to record the project.

There's no zoom feature, it's just making the video feed bigger on your screen. Same thing as hitting the full screen function on the Walt stream.

There are like 5 of us that are actually watching the stream, I don't think it's worth the investment.
considering that we are talking about $100 for software in a $20 million project. There are companies where you just subscribe the feed too and then you get all sorts of bells and whistles, like zoom, pan, rewind.

We use it all the time on our projects.. Its also considered part of the security package since you have better cameras to see if stuff is stolen and damaged.

I have to imagine SU is "recording" this entire project, but just not for 'comprehensive' 24/7 public streaming. Possibly, it's being conducted by Hoyt. Similar to the time released snipet drone video put out there a bit ago, so it's highly probably there's a lot more private footage, etc. where that came from.

Weekend OT...another big piece up !!
B1B19410-FDAB-42E8-A624-603135765BF1.jpeg

I'd say there's at least 6. I've been lurking all this time.
Based on participation in this thread, I think at a minimum, we have
you
BillSU
rrlbees
upperdeck
OttoMets
bnoro
Dnyr85
orange79
CuseLegacy
CuseOnly
OrangeXtreme
Me

i suspect there are many others, lurkers and posters.

Back to the project. Saw a really long, skinny (maybe 80 feet?) dark piece of steel brought over by Walt from what appeared to be the storage area near Heroy to the Irving Ave storage area, next Walt.

What the heck is it? I am going to speculate it is a special temporary support piece That will be used to join temporary support triangles to make them more stable.

A7D37897-524D-4597-8B71-01A6A262A20A.jpeg

The big top rail piece is still not in place in the northeast corner. Looks like they are having some trouble getting it into position.

Based on participation in this thread, I think at a minimum, we have
you
BillSU
rrlbees
upperdeck
OttoMets
bnoro
Dnyr85
orange79
CuseLegacy
CuseOnly
OrangeXtreme
Me

i suspect there are many others, lurkers and posters.

Back to the project. Saw a really long, skinny (maybe 80 feet?) dark piece of steel brought over by Walt from what appeared to be the storage area near Heroy to the Irving Ave storage area, next Walt.

What the heck is it? I am going to speculate it is a special temporary support piece That will be used to join temporary support triangles to make them more stable.

View attachment 173855

The big top rail piece is still not in place in the northeast corner. Looks like they are having some trouble getting it into position.
C’mon man I have 2 screens streaming 10 hours per day.

The National Weather Service is forecasting winds of 15-22 mph tonight and the cranes are still up. Should we be worried? The wind is blowing things around in Camillus right now.

The National Weather Service is forecasting winds of 15-22 mph tonight and the cranes are still up. Should we be worried? The wind is blowing things around in Camillus right now.
It must be very windy there today, the construction cam is shaking.

Now they just need to put up an upright and a cross section each day from both of the northern corners and they'll have one sideline done in no time.