the crane the crane | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Someone needs to get a drone to do a flyover on this ASAP. That would be really cool. Where are the news channels with their drones? What is more important to cover than this construction project?

I suspect SU has a no drone on campus policy. So maybe the news media can't do it. But an enterprising individual with a drone and a plan, and a YouTube account, could get a lot of hits without much trouble.

Just a thought.

The SUAD should be doing fly overs, and VR fly overs, and VRs of what the roof will look like from the inside. It is not good that this project is not being hyped at all. Hype will drive interest which will help ticket sales.

Someone needs to get a drone to do a flyover on this ASAP. That would be really cool. Where are the news channels with their drones? What is more important to cover than this construction project?

I suspect SU has a no drone on campus policy. So maybe the news media can't do it. But an enterprising individual with a drone and a plan, and a YouTube account, could get a lot of hits without much trouble.

Just a thought.

The SUAD should be doing fly overs, and VR fly overs, and VRs of what the roof will look like from the inside. It is not good that this project is not being hyped at all. Hype will drive interest which will help ticket sales.

Just a thought.

I thought I saw the shadow of a drone on the dome roof yesterday on the live cam.

Stuff on the ground.

1E008CA7-4E43-4017-8897-70CF7AC85D6C.jpeg

on the page with the link to the camera, there have been updates provided by HH that are clearly done by drone.

I wonder if they're able to remove backstays before the entire crown truss is completed. You'd have to think that with that side of the ring completed, most of the forces are supported through the truss at this point.

so there are multiple spirals on the ground in the back and multiple on the ground under Walt and now 3 girders there too.. things are picking up

Walts holding a girder in the air. OK backtracking time it came right off the truck.

Last edited:
Strange place for girder storage (In front of Gate B )

W
Strange place for girder storage (In front of Gate B )
No room for the girder. Walt's yard is loaded. So, the driveway in front of gate B temporarily.

Weather update @ 1:44 P.M. Doesn't look like the earlier amounts of snow are going to materialize. They're saying 1-2" instead of 4-8"
2/13 Th - 33/10 cldy 1-2" snow
2/14 Fr - 12/5 sn shwrs
2/15 Sa - 29 26 ptly cldy
2/16 Su - 40/21 milder
2/17 Mo - 33/22 clds & sun
2/18 Tu - 41/29 cldy w sn shrs
2/19 We - 30/14 low clds
2/20 Th - 23/18 mstly cldy
2/21 Fr - 34/23 sun not as cold
2/22 Sa - 37/26 sn or flurries
2/23 Su - 38/27 sn shrs
2/24 Mo - 41/ 28 clds & sun
2/26 Tu - 42 / 28 sn shwrs

looks like 4 spirals and three girders in Walts yard now. Plus what is on the other side. Im thinking next week is moving week. 3 or 4 girders .