the crane the crane | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Assuming they have all the correct pieces (and all are made to print) they are definitely gearing up for a bunch or work.

IT'S LUNCHTIME! New supplies have arrived by way of the ORANGE cab hauling the spirals that will begin the next phase of work on the DOME. It's a great day but keep those ear muffs on it's cold out there. Looks like Walt is ready to offload the spirals soon.

Stucco to make the walls flat all around thennnnn...murals of orange history all around with LED lighting atop to give the action of God effect. "the block" right above the main entrance.

It's new supply city today. Spirals and a NEW Girder just rolled in at 2:53 P.M. We're loaded, two rigs with trailers one with spirals the other with a very large girder just pulling in. The area between the two fences along Irving outside the yard are loaded with spirals. It may be frigid but nothing is stopping the progress here today. I guess you could say WE ARE SU and WE ARE FULLY SUPPLIED.

Last edited:
It's new supply city today. Spirals and a NEW Girder just rolled in at 2:53 P.M. We're loaded, two rigs with trailers one with spirals the other with a very large girder just pulling in. The area between the two fences along Irving outside the yard are loaded with spirals. It may be frigid but nothing is stopping the progress here today. I guess you could say WE ARE SU and WE ARE FULLY SUPPLIED.
They're not doing any good lying on the ground.
Let's get them up in the air!

They're not doing any good lying on the ground.
Let's get them up in the air!
7:53 P.M. Saturday night. I hadn't seen this post until now and assume it was a joke/humorous statement with poor spirals and girders lying there in the cold BUT, OrangeAl, I'm sure the Hayner Hoyt project manager for the DOME would love to get a call from you tonight about your stated suggestion and will immediately alert his crew supervisor to get the gentlemen out of their homes, the spotlights up and begin to work tonight. :);)

7:53 P.M. Saturday night. I hadn't seen this post until now and assume it was a joke/humorous statement with poor spirals and girders lying there in the cold BUT, OrangeAl, I'm sure the Hayner Hoyt project manager for the DOME would love to get a call from you tonight about your stated suggestion and will immediately alert his crew supervisor to get the gentlemen out of their homes, the spotlights up and begin to work tonight. :);)
If that wouldn't be too much to ask...

So...And I bet I missed 10 threads on this, but will the new, don’t-call-me-Carrier-Dome exterior look kind of weird and ugly?

So...And I bet I missed 10 threads on this, but will the new, don’t-call-me-Carrier-Dome exterior look kind of weird and ugly?
I wonder if the Dome Stomp will still echo?

I wonder if the Dome Stomp will still echo?
I don’t see why not. It will be interesting to see what effect the X bracing has on the stomp in the northeast and southeast corners though. Ben Burtt, grab your tape recorder and get out there!

Birds and frogs and natural sounds I recorded at our home on Smokey Hollow Road years ago were used for Indiana Jones," Burtt told The Post-Standard in 2011. "The whole opening sequence of 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' of Indiana Jones running through the jungle feature highly enhanced birds and frogs from our 16 acres in Jamesville, N.Y."

Burtt also told Ain't It Cool News in 2000 that he also used sounds of walking through the snow in Syracuse for Hoth battle scenes and an echo effect created when people "stomp" on the edge of the Carrier Dome's outer wall for various space scenes in "Star Wars." (His father, Ben Burtt, Sr., was a Syracuse University professor for more than three decades.)

Last edited:
an echo effect created when people "stomp" on the edge of the Carrier Dome's outer wall for various space scenes in "Star Wars."

this is too cool! I never knew this Star Wars connection to the Cuse

but what does he mean by the above quote? Stomp on the edge of the Dome’s outer wall?

DECB0C8A-2081-439E-BCD9-C70109DEAC9C.jpeg