the crane the crane | Page 121 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Part time viewer first time (at least in a while) caller here

Question- I'm hearing that the old roof will be deflated in a week or so...does that mean that its going to open air for a fairly longwhile? I thought they would need to finish the crown deal before they could put a new roof on?

That’s my understanding too - gonna be top down for a while.

Which is why they’ve covered over the concourses inside, I’d imagine.

I believe originally they thought about trying to build the new roof over the old one, but apparently the engineering obstacles were too large to overcome

That’s my understanding too - gonna be top down for a while.

Which is why they’ve covered over the concourses inside, I’d imagine.

I believe originally they thought about trying to build the new roof over the old one, but apparently the engineering obstacles were too large to overcome
or the delay in getting the rollercoaster pieces

Where is SU's sense of adventure?

Just let the wind help remove the dome.

Let balloonists restrain the sides and heat up the bubble to see how far they can go.

Maybe lower the roof and allow kids to use the bubble as a bounce house.

Let Hollywood do something and they can use it in a movie. There's gotta be a story in there somewhere, or at least a few good stunts.

We need a little creativity here. Especially because we are lacking our sports alternatives.

Boredom is setting it in fast...
Oh yeah, let the bubble fly away into the sunset. The Area 51 conspiracy geeks will be wetting their panties! :p

Part time viewer first time (at least in a while) caller here

Question- I'm hearing that the old roof will be deflated in a week or so...does that mean that its going to open air for a fairly longwhile? I thought they would need to finish the crown deal before they could put a new roof on?
Clearly. Pete said deflated early this week.

Oh yeah, let the bubble fly away into the sunset. The Area 51 conspiracy geeks will be wetting their panties! :p
We could start a new "tourist" industry in NYS!

And I was stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH, where the alleged New Mexico UFO was taken to Hanger 13.* So now there is an obscure historical fact for the ever necessary conspiratorial connection.

*There is no Hanger 13 at Wright- Patterson AFB. But let's not let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy.

Lets See Them Aliens.jpg

And I was stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH, where the alleged New Mexico UFO was taken to Hanger 13.* So now there is an obscure historical fact for the ever necessary conspiratorial connection.

*There is no Hanger 13 at Wright- Patterson AFB. But let's not let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy.

Sounds exactly like something someone who knows that there is a Hangar 13 would say.....

In seeing the footage of the dome's current interior state, and all of the bleacher seats out, it would be nice if they could pressure wash all that concrete and also coat it with some sort of durable concrete stain to dress that up some.

Wright-Patterson is located in Dayton. Wondering if this is somehow connected to the decision to cancel the NCAAs.

Sounds exactly like something someone who knows that there is a Hangar 13 would say...
Nah, someone who knows would neither confirm nor deny - per official directive. Htown doesn’t know, he’s just running interference ;) ... But yeah, there must be a Hangar 13 somewhere. Nowadays UFOs seem real enough with the Navy-acknowledged veracity of the UAP clips.

they said all along i was coming down and then building the new. At least 2 yrs ago

When the dome roof is completed I think they should "erect" a smaller scale statue of Walt somewhere on the Dome grounds.

the baby yellow has been very useful. where was that all along in the process.