the crane the crane | Page 123 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

I believe it was retired after Pearl complained of sore legs after playing and practicing on it so much. It was like playing on concrete.

We started buying wood courts, and installed the court over the rubber one.

Now we simply place the wood court over the blue tiles. We buy new ones every few years.

Isn’t it the same floor that had been at Manley?

I could be wrong on this, but I seem to remember that the since-relocated Urban Outfitters store in Armory Square bought the old Manley Fieldhouse court and re-purposed it into flooring for their store. Or perhaps it was an old court from the Dome.

I think it is 2.

With the 2 diagonal spirals up today, the next steps are to put up vertical oriented spirals and then girders.

On the west side, I don’t see any spirals out in the open, forget about collared and out fitted with cables. There is also no sign of prep work on the two girders out in the open. Can’t imagine much happening today. Hope they take a spiral out of the storage area and outfit it with a collar this afternoon. And maybe start work on a girder. The first step seems to be to put the railings on it. In a perfect world, they would also take the diagonal spiral out and start prepping it as well. Though I believe the next girder that goes up on the west side will be the first of the 3 ‘arrow heads’ on the southwest diagonal wall (so it will have 3 spirals to support it instead of the 2 we have been seeing along the west wall).

If they can get this prep work done, maybe we will see some spirals and girders go up tomorrow. Can’t see what is going on over on the east side. They might be further along on that side. I would think that might be prioritizing that side for now because it is a girder behind right now.
Thanks Tom!

4E0FC19F-0748-46E0-8B16-FE334AE9C823.jpeg

Ready for more work tomorrow...

Message received tonight from the school:

Tomorrow, the University will achieve a significant milestone regarding the Dome roof replacement project. Weather permitting, the roof will be deflated tomorrow morning (Monday, March 16) beginning roughly at around 7 a.m. The whole process will take about 45 minutes from start to finish and the visible activity will happen gradually at the beginning and accelerate as time goes on.

In alignment with our coronavirus response, we will be limiting access to the building. However, the University will shoot video and capture photos to share with the media, post on our digital channels and amplify across our social media channels.

For those interested in watching, please visit: Dome Live Cam.

I believe it was retired after Pearl complained of sore legs after playing and practicing on it so much. It was like playing on concrete.
We started buying wood courts, and installed the court over the rubber one.

Now we simply place the wood court over the blue tiles. We buy new ones every few years.
4-5 games a weekend on rubber courts back in my AAU days were brutal. It’s like the equivalent to playing football on the old AstroTurf

Just getting a black image...guessing too many people crashing the page.

I don't know why but watching it deflate makes me sad. I know it is needed to move forward and that the new roof will allow us to do a lot of things we could never do with the old one but I am still a little down watch it go down.

Looks like Pete Sala has a really big flag souvenir in his garage, eh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom