the crane the crane | Page 253 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Yep, followed a 2,000+ page thread over on SkyscraperCity's forums. Also enjoyed watching Liverpool renovate their stand at Anfield and have been following Everton's new stadium as well.

Honestly wasn't aware Everton was getting a new stadium. Have seen countless takes of how bad Goodison is and why they need one. Curious how income loss due to covid affects their plans.

Watching Spurs have to rent Wembley for a year was comical. I'm a traditionalist and enjoyed White heart lane as I did Upton Park for the Hammers. Liverpool had plans to expand the Anfeild Road end pre covid but who knows how long that will delay.

Love the parallels between Cuse and Liverpool refurbishing existing stadiums and with two of the best coaches I could ever dream of. Hopefully, like the stadiums, Dino is only a few years behind in bringing home major silverware.

Can't wait to see the "new" dome when completed and looking forward to the day we can all see it first hand and pack the place once again.

I sell to residential roofers all day long. There is quite the culture of "tattling" on each other regarding this. I've seen guys get hard with fines. And repeat fines blow up big time.

Morning update:

It is hard to tell 100% but it looks like all four of the sections of the hard shell roof have finished framing the large triangle that represents 4 columns of the wall. Each section has 9 columns, so they are all right about 44% done. Good number.

072920.jpg

It looks like the stock of steel for the west wall has been replenished and is in good shape for a big day of getting steel up today. I assume this is the case for the other walls as well.

You can now clearly see 6 arcs above the crown truss from the Lawrinson view.

It is a real jungle of steel and cables when you look at things from Link Hall and it is close to impossible to see how many arcs are now in place, but we know there were at least 5 yesterday morning so there are at least 11 now and probably considerably more than that.

072920a.jpg

It looks like they are just focusing on getting the steel in place for both sections of the roof. It looks like they will not be putting up exterior surfaces for the hard shell and the PTFE section until all the steel is in place. Good news for crane enthusiasts. Probably good news for the construction crew inside the dome. It has been extremely hot most of the summer, and there have been some days where the humidity has been extremely high. Working inside with no AC is going to be brutal, and the longer they can keep the facility open to the air, the better.

Hoping they can get through the 2 columns on the diagonal walls with the X bracing today. But even if they only do a single column a day, they should have the framing done by the middle to the end of next week.

It is harder to estimate when the arcs will be finished but I think they are putting up around 10 a day. Thinking there are somewhere in the neighborhood of 56 to put up, so both sections of the roof should be done in the Wednesday-Thursday range. Perhaps faster if they work all weekend, like they did last week.

If they are going to use tiles for the hard shell, and they use the same setup they have for other Pfeiffer stadium roofs, they are going to have to add a lot of cross bracing to break the roof into squares.

But if they were going to do that, why wouldn't they be doing it now? The Geiger drawings show no indication of the hard shell exterior surface being made up of squares. But there are a lot of boxes in the Hendricks Field storage area that are square shaped. Maybe they hold rolls of material, and not tiles? I am thinking more along those lines now.

We should find out for sure soon.

Honestly wasn't aware Everton was getting a new stadium. Have seen countless takes of how bad Goodison is and why they need one. Curious how income loss due to covid affects their plans.

Watching Spurs have to rent Wembley for a year was comical. I'm a traditionalist and enjoyed White heart lane as I did Upton Park for the Hammers. Liverpool had plans to expand the Anfeild Road end pre covid but who knows how long that will delay.

Love the parallels between Cuse and Liverpool refurbishing existing stadiums and with two of the best coaches I could ever dream of. Hopefully, like the stadiums, Dino is only a few years behind in bringing home major silverware.

Can't wait to see the "new" dome when completed and looking forward to the day we can all see it first hand and pack the place once again.
Sadly Dino can't spend world record money on a QB and LB to bring us ACC glory... :p

Lucky for us, we won't have a Spurs situation where we had to rent another place to play because of construction delays. Pretty incredible that they've been able to pull off what they have in the last 4 months with a pandemic going on.

Sadly Dino can't spend world record money on a QB and LB to bring us ACC glory... :p

Lucky for us, we won't have a Spurs situation where we had to rent another place to play because of construction delays. Pretty incredible that they've been able to pull off what they have in the last 4 months with a pandemic going on.

I didn't know anything about the Spurs but I remember TCU had to play some basketball games in a high school gym when their construction wasn't finished on time.

I didn't know anything about the Spurs but I remember TCU had to play some basketball games in a high school gym when their construction wasn't finished on time.
The stadium was supposed to be finished for the start of the 2018 season in August, and didn't end up being opened until March 2019. They had to get special dispensation from the Football Association to play at Wembley for half the season which had never been done before and cost millions of pounds.

I'm not sure if the Dome is 100% on schedule to be completed in the next month but luckily it doesn't seem like it matters now. Even if there is a football season they could play the games in the IPF if they had to.

Typical Red thing to say - "Countless takes of how bad Goodison is." All I hear is how much character it has, and how the old place shakes from passionate fans. :p

The stadium is antiquated for sure. The proposed site is on the waterfront, about a mile southwest of Anfield and is currently slated for a 23-24 opening.

No word on funding impact as of yet. There was talk of receiving a low interest loan from the City of Liverpool to cover part of the costs. Also, Everton's owner, Moshiri, is tight with another Arsenal ownership cast off, Usmanov, who has already committed 30 million quid for naming rights. I'd expect the club and the ownership group to shell out as well.

I see you’ve conveniently left out Dino having a “world record money” transfer fee out for a WR to properly fund the incoming QB & LB;) #YNWA

Typical Red thing to say - "Countless takes of how bad Goodison is." All I hear is how much character it has, and how the old place shakes from passionate fans. :p

The stadium is antiquated for sure. The proposed site is on the waterfront, about a mile southwest of Anfield and is currently slated for a 23-24 opening.

No word on funding impact as of yet. There was talk of receiving a low interest loan from the City of Liverpool to cover part of the costs. Also, Everton's owner, Moshiri, is tight with another Arsenal ownership cast off, Usmanov, who has already committed 30 million quid for naming rights. I'd expect the club and the ownership group to shell out as well.

Ha! That take is from local Evertonians in pre match build ups but yeah you'd expect it from the Red side as well for sure. Anfeild was in similar state not so long ago.

Glad the stadiums won't be too far apart and equally not upset that the Stanley Park idea has finally gone away

Red finishes the bottom row, time to move onto the middle. Good progress!

Another load of steel being backed into "Walt's yard", um Big Red's at 1:48 on Wednesday. The West side is really moving forward. Next week this section IMO will be parallel with Forestry.

Cranes are suddenly knuckled with this forecast: Heavy rain and a thunderstorm ending in 22 minutes.
2 PM7/29
76°
RealFeel® 72°Thunderstorms
rain drop
53%

Max UV Index2 (Low)
WindWSW 10 mph
Wind Gusts13 mph
Humidity66%
Indoor Humidity66% (Humid)
Dew Point64°
Cloud Cover100%
Rain0.26 in
Visibility10 mi
Cloud Ceiling12700 ft

Last edited:
Cranes are suddenly knuckled with this forecast:

2 PM7/29
76°
RealFeel® 72°Thunderstorms
rain drop
53%

Max UV Index2 (Low)
WindWSW 10 mph
Wind Gusts13 mph
Humidity66%
Indoor Humidity66% (Humid)
Dew Point64°
Cloud Cover100%
Rain0.26 in
Visibility10 mi
Cloud Ceiling12700 ft
Looks like that is it for today. It has already started to rain. Thunderstorms forecast until around 4 pm. Even the cranes inside the dome have been shut down.

Liberty did it in a way that lets you watch timelapses, as well as multiple angles. Not sure its live.

Liberty did it in a way that lets you watch timelapses, as well as multiple angles. Not sure its live.
I'm sure we'll get timelapses once the project is over based on the Hayner Hoyt videos we see from time to time.

I'm sure we'll get timelapses once the project is over based on the Hayner Hoyt videos we see from time to time.
They are a staple of construction projects. Kind of shocking that they haven't released a single one so far.

I assume this is because Sala is not a fan of them.

They are a staple of construction projects. Kind of shocking that they haven't released a single one so far.

:) lol, cant find a laughing emoji

Morning update:

Lots of activity this morning. Almost out of stock in the western storage area. Looks like the final main beam of 5th section is about to get put in place on the western build. The other builds look to be in similar places.

The installation of arcs on the PTFE section continues to move quiickly.

Still think they will finish the framing around the middle of next week. A lot depends on whether they work over the weekend and if the good weather holds up.

They've released a few short ones, including the Carrier Dome coming down. Chances are they want to save the big one for the final product, which would be a nice marketing video to help get fans excited about coming back to the Dome.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with Sala. :rolleyes: