the crane the crane | Page 251 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Meanwhile...it's time, after some philosophical discussion about marketing the new roof/stadium to the fans to sell more tickets and make people aware of what's happening, to get back to the minute by minute happenings of actual construction particularly the West end triangle completion. Red West just did a hoist of a steel piece that was very cool. A truck backed in with a full load of steel beams for the triangles, the op in his cab out of camera range picked one up lifted it way the hell up, and waited for the beam to steady its slight rocking motion. The two to three crew walking on the beams signaled they were ready and the op dropped the beam on it's hoist wire quickly and directly into the space exactly at the height of the triangle and crew waiting and they are now attaching it to the frame closing up into what will be the first finished triangular form. Looks like they have three to four steel beams to go. Very, very cool.

My opinion on the Syracuse and surrounding communities involvement with the Dome is that people/parents are more interested in whether their kids are going to be able to go back to school grammar middle and high school, and how many teachers will be retiring due to the fright of COVID. I don't think they've figured that out yet and it's scary and they're more concerned with their own lives- kids going back to school at all and surviving this pandemic than they are listening to a presentation about todays construction progress on the Dome's roof.

But, while they figure it out - watch it sure is interesting. I just may have to come back from Craniac play by play to this ROOF and continue with it. If I knew they were working yesterday I would have started then.
God bless everyone watching this, the crew, and Syracuse.
Perspective on life is always a good thing! Well stated.

The white crane just lowered a beam on the East side we're moving now1

Red has another beam attached to his hoist wire waiting for it to level out.

Placed that one and now going for another.

your bio under your name is fantastic. I know this project is thrilling for you and even though I don’t know you, I can tell how excited you are for all of this and is cool to know your excitement level with all the updates ... I hope it all turns out exactly how you envision !

It would be nice to have an overview like this one that came out when A&M went through theirs.
Detailed, right down to where gameday activities will happen. This in a normal year, should be pumped out to ticket sales, as well as recruits. However, this year it would only serve us i guess.

Apples to Oranges. $485 million to $118 million and most of that is a roof which has little to no value to a fan.
$485M has no roof and almost all are customer tangible improvements. No A/C or Ceiling.

Coming up again - they've installed two beams in less than 15 minutes - it's taking them almost as long to attach the steel to the lifting straps as it is to place it and the crew bolts it in.

And now the Northside crane comes in and lowers a beam every crane is toting its share and getting tings accomplished.

Suddenly another rain squall this time with wind that is shaking the camera. Hope passes quickly. Maybe not - can't see the Dome. Always wondered what would happen in this weather when the cranes are working - but they have the weather monitored and know what's coming - no need to knuckle.

Wouldn't want to be part of the crew 100' or so up on steel in this right now.

Can't tell if Red is knuckled - boom is out of the LC's view.

I’m sorry that some folks are offended that many of us are excited by the dome construction. I check the video several times a day when I can. I also renewed my season ticket along with getting one for my brother partly because of the construction. It’s a big deal. I live in Colorado but intend to be in CNY this fall if there are games with fans. Please allow us to be excited. I won’t try to convince you to be excited too, but please don’t try to diminish the excitement that at least some of us feel...thanks...

Looks like work has been stopped for the day - maybe more storms on the way - damn, just when things were really moving. Yep boys and girls heading home. Everyone enjoy a good night. :)

your bio under your name is fantastic. I know this project is thrilling for you and even though I don’t know you, I can tell how excited you are for all of this and is cool to know your excitement level with all the updates ... I hope it all turns out exactly how you envision !
Thank you. How could you not be excited about one of the most historic projects at SU ever?! I have been under the weeds since we didn't have a camera and all of the work was out of sight and a guess as to what they were doing. Now that we are able to see I am back. It was fun describing the creation of the Crown Truss and everything that went into being. Now we continue with the finalization of the roof, interior sound lighting and hopefully exterior lighting that will make this the show place of college basketball and football.
GOSU :)

Screenshot (53).png

I’m sorry that some folks are offended that many of us are excited by the dome construction. I check the video several times a day when I can. I also renewed my season ticket along with getting one for my brother partly because of the construction. It’s a big deal. I live in Colorado but intend to be in CNY this fall if there are games with fans. Please allow us to be excited. I won’t try to convince you to be excited too, but please don’t try to diminish the excitement that at least some of us feel...thanks...
No one on this thread is offended about anything. Don't try to play victim. All on here are excited.
A couple of great pearls of wisdom from my mom when I was young...was don't play the victim...and own your own feelings, Oh! and don't eat yellow snow.

I'm very excited. I love watching construction work. I've spent way too much time on the SU live feed. But I'm just not going to get upset about a lack of information because I've followed other big builds before that also didn't provide a ton of info. There's no conspiracy here.

I'm very excited. I love watching construction work. I've spent way too much time on the SU live feed. But I'm just not going to get upset about a lack of information because I've followed other big builds before that also didn't provide a ton of info. There's no conspiracy here.

But we’re they just random builds or were they sports related? This is an honest question, not trying to be a jerk.

But we’re they just random builds or were they sports related? This is an honest question, not trying to be a jerk.
Sports related. Full stadium builds from the ground up.

And one of them ended up opening 8 months behind schedule and because they had timelines that were somewhat public it ended up being more of a fiasco.

Sports related. Full stadium builds from the ground up.

And one of them ended up opening 8 months behind schedule and because they had timelines that were somewhat public it ended up being more of a fiasco.

And I guess I would get that if the dome was that far behind in a normal year. But being that they are behind, (they made up a lot of time with the cable raising) in a covid year and they don’t have to worry about fans, I’m not sure what the issue is.

I can only assume they are afraid they would get the site shut down due to covid but I know for a fact that they are essential due to the dome not being structurally sound due to it being open. And that is why I don’t understand the restrictions on the project. Yes they don’t probably want the scrutiny, but it’s an essential buisness. That was already proven when the dome construction continued when all other construction was postponed. Does that make sense?

Apples to Oranges. $485 million to $118 million and most of that is a roof which has little to no value to a fan.
$485M has no roof and almost all are customer tangible improvements. No A/C or Ceiling.
Buzz_Killington.jpg

And I guess I would get that if the dome was that far behind in a normal year. But being that they are behind, (they made up a lot of time with the cable raising) in a covid year and they don’t have to worry about fans, I’m not sure what the issue is.

I can only assume they are afraid they would get the site shut down due to covid but I know for a fact that they are essential due to the dome not being structurally sound due to it being open. And that is why I don’t understand the restrictions on the project. Yes they don’t probably want the scrutiny, but it’s an essential buisness. That was already proven when the dome construction continued when all other construction was postponed. Does that make sense?
Its good business to keep things under wraps. There is simply too little value in allowing the public to scrutinize the daily construction activities. One whistleblower and the project could be seriously jeopardized. Its a serious, dangerous work site. Not an entertainment venue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom