the crane the crane | Page 307 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

They're cruising today. Definitely will be done by midweek at this rate.
I initially thought there were 64 PTFE panels but from that cool overhead view, it appears the line of arcs that run north-south and east-west have divided the panels in those areas in put, which I think brings the total PTFE panel count to 80.

I see at least 30 of the 80 panels complete to date.

Glad they have sped the install rate up. Hope that trend continues.

That’s liberty mutual

tenor.gif

Even with the wind blowing pretty well, guys are up on the roof in the southeast corner.

Even with the wind blowing pretty well, guys are up on the roof in the southeast corner.
Looks like they’re going to finish up the PFTE on the south side today. There’s also been a bit of activity with some materials on the SW.

Yeah. It rained and was windy most of the day, but work has gone on inside. Even now there’s activity.
You can see the PFTE laid out on the south side. Also, you could see what looked like welding going on through the roof portions that are still open.

The roof in the new LA stadium is everything I wanted ours to be. Airy, bright, light. That's a beautiful stadium.
But...but...JB was worried that the sunlight reflection off the basketball court might hurt the teams shooting percentages!!! Screw 21st century technology, we should go with the inferior roof option so that Jim can get that Sunday afternoon win once a season!

I was talking about the roof transparency which was not taken off the table due to cost

I agree, would love to have seen that center section be ETFE. Especially after we switched to Musco lighting instead of Ephesus for lighting.

However, I would assume, that changing out the center section in several years if a donor donated the cost of it, is something that is highly possible. I could be wrong tho.

At the end of the day I’m going to fully enjoy the new dome, but that could have really in my opinion took it to the next level.

I agree, would love to have seen that center section be ETFE. Especially after we switched to Musco lighting instead of Ephesus for lighting.

However, I would assume, that changing out the center section in several years if a donor donated the cost of it, is something that is highly possible. I could be wrong tho.

At the end of the day I’m going to fully enjoy the new dome, but that could have really in my opinion took it to the next level.
Maybe not. There was concern about using two different types of materials on the roof and where they joined.
"Meanwhile, PTFE is gaining in use in highly technical situations, such as cabling and industrial applications. Its ability to stretch, and its heat resistance make it suitable for many more applications. "

Maybe not. There was concern about using two different types of materials on the roof and where they joined.
"Meanwhile, PTFE is gaining in use in highly technical situations, such as cabling and industrial applications. Its ability to stretch, and its heat resistance make it suitable for many more applications. "

ahhh got it, good info to know!

ahhh got it, good info to know!
Also the PTFE is probably better for snow build up.

"PTFE, also known as polytetrafluoroethylene, is made of carbon and fluorine atoms. People know that it is usually because of Teflon (Teflon) non-stick coating. The coefficient of friction of PTFE is extremely low, which means that it is “non-sticky”. This means that it is an excellent material for high-wear components. It is also often used as an insulating material. "