the crane the crane | Page 312 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Curiosity. How often do you have to replace field turf? Seems like we do every 5 years or so?

Only needs to be changed once a decade. Our turf is not exposed to the elements.

Curiosity. How often do you have to replace field turf? Seems like we do every 5 years or so?
Forbes says artificial fields last about 10 years.

I think the first install of FieldTurf was done in 2005.

That would jive with the first replacement of the FieldTurf in 2015. If not for the renovation, the field probably would have been replaced again around 2025.

Forbes says artificial fields last about 10 years.

I think the first install of FieldTurf was done in 2005.

That would jive with the first replacement of the FieldTurf in 2015. If not for the renovation, the field probably would have been replaced again around 2025.
Got it. Thx for clarifying Tom and OEX!

I would love to see us kick every team remaining on our schedule's a$$! We need W's.
Wouldn’t we all. But the way it’s looking after UNC gargoyles have a much better chance.

Interesting that the last panels are the same on each side. I assume that's by design. This roof looks much much better than the artist's rendering.
I bet you are right. Looks like there are only 3 panels left to go.

Guessing they won't get done today but will tomorrow. At that point, the cameras are pretty much useless.

And the focus switches to the field. All we can monitor is the stuff coming into and leaving the dome.

And another one done ...

86F1E3A3-4DE1-48F2-B58D-5C503E0C7970.jpeg
D0791F3A-7979-4943-9F18-C4B300F7C80F.jpeg

... and another one done ...

B7B1FEB8-59FE-438E-943B-AA3F2E7D4E6E.jpeg
03C1EEA5-B4EA-42A0-80E9-3413DC764D25.jpeg

Damn, too bad they couldn't just push through the evening and finish it up. But I imagine it'll be done by noonish tomorrow and them it's just the sealing of the seams.

They are tarping the sand pile
It might rain tonight and tomorrow morning. Good call to protect the sand.

I think they have 5 panels left. The ones in the corners are bisected by the north-south and east-west line of arcs.

It would be cool if they stain painted the whole building white now. Then light up the pillars or sides with any led colors.

Bah with this fancy turf. Back in my day, we'd play on the old knee destroying concrete like turf from the 80's - and we liked it!
I'll never forget playing at Coyne in Pop Warner or at the Dome in high school. Didn't have turf shoes so everyone wore their sneakers. Can only imagine what it felt like to have Tim Green drive you into that turf.