the crane the crane | Page 348 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Nothing like a 3 hour lecture while scarfing down some hot dogs in the soggiest bun you'll find anywhere.
Dome dogs are temporarily gone. Grab and go. Much less COVID friendly.

I wonder when they really discuss how much difference in food choice they can do with the new cooking options now.

We've corresponded offline. Trying to find an email.

FWIW, he has 3 sons.

I sent an email to the address he used to register. No reply. I did find an obit for a man who graduated from SU and Johns Hopkins. He did say in a post once that he graduated from each.

Also found a Townie72 who posted in an Orioles board. The date of birth is about the same as that in the obit.

The man lived in Maryland, and died of covid in Dec.

I sent an email to the address he used to register. No reply. I did find an obit for a man who graduated from SU and Johns Hopkins. He did say in a post once that he graduated from each.

Also found a Townie72 who posted in an Orioles board. The date of birth is about the same as that in the obit.

Damn sad news if that was Townie72. Should this be its own thread? Others may have known him but don't go in this crane thread. Perhaps others know his status.

I am sad to note that Townie was definitely an Orioles fan.

Jake sent me the obit. It doesn’t match with what he told me about his children but I could be missing something. Also he said he lived in Bethesda and that other gentleman is north of Baltimore, but it does have a lot of similarities otherwise. Thank you for doing this.

Last edited:
Jake sent me the obit. It doesn’t match with what he told me about his children but I could be missing something. Also he said he lived in Bethesda and that other gentleman is north of Baltimore, but it does have a lot of similarities otherwise. Thank you for doing this.

The good news is after a lot of searching, I ended up right where I started - he replied to the email sent to the address used to register 10 years ago.

He is doing well, and said, "Thanks for asking. I'm fine. I've pretty much said what I have to say..."

He did go on to say, "You are one of the very few voices of reason on there," which left me believing he thinks I'm tomcat, not Tom Emery. I'm ok with that.

Last edited:
The good news is after a lot of searching, I ended up right where I started - he replied to the email sent to the address used to register 10 years ago.

He is doing well, and said, "Thanks for asking. I'm fine. I've pretty much said what I have to say..."

that’s good to hear. Others had asked me about him. There was also another poster who hadn’t been heard from in awhile. He mostly posted on the OT board. People wondered if he was ok since it had been months. I did the same as you, reached out to him via email and he responded back saying he was fine and was also appreciative that I had reached out.

He did go on to say, "You are one of the very few voices of reason on there," which left me believing he thinks I'm tomcat, not Tom Emery. I'm ok with that.

True to form :) Tom if you can PM me his email I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you so much for doing this.

I've been a member of this and the ancestral SU sports message boards since 1994. I'm primarily looking for information from insiders, but also for opinions of people with no better information than I have. Along the way there has developed a community of personalities that's both amusing and (sometimes) compelling.
Many of us are strangers. Some have gotten to know each other through the tailgates. I'll have to do that someday. But there's a little more community here than just a message board. I would have actually grieved if Townie72 had disappeared from the earth.
Keep it civil, but keep it spirited. We're all a little more valuable than we think.

Thank you Townie has always been one of my favorite posters.

Great news. I have sometimes disagreed with Townie72 but always enjoyed interacting with him and reading his posts and opinions. Very smart guy. I hope he is doing well and his beloved Orioles become good again soon.

This reminded me of that scene in Saving Private Ryan.

"Wait you mean Townie is OK?"
"Yeah he's fine."

1614023650419.png

Is this a thread about any cranes now? Hope there were no injuries.