The crowd, the injuries, and Darton… | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The crowd, the injuries, and Darton…

The guy is from Fitchburg, Mass. A tough, hard-working, blue-collar town in central Mass not far from the NH border. I lived there for a brief time. The city had grit and character. That describes Darton, tough, blue-collar, hard-working, gritty, overachiever. I love the guy.
I read where his being shorter gives him leverage in fighting off blocks

Darton is an animal.

Props to every sub who played. They stepped in and balled out

I was a student in 87 and we stormed the field multiple times. Watching the fans storm field today gave me the warm fuzzies.

Life is just better when SUFB is ranked.
I don’t remember us storming the field multiple times in 1987, my frosh year. It was only after the West Virginia game if my memory is correct. We didn’t storm before the State Penn game (so that would only leave 5 more games with some on the road) and didn’t storm after beating State Penn for the 1st time in 17 years.

I don’t remember us storming the field multiple times in 1987, my frosh year. It was only after the West Virginia game if my memory is correct. We didn’t storm before the State Penn game (so that would only leave 5 more games with some on the road) and didn’t storm after beating State Penn for the 1st time in 17 years.
I was a freshman fall of ‘87 too and I remember storming Field after Penn St and WVU. Its certainly possible my memory has failed me but why wouldn’t we storm after a beat down of the defending national champs ?

I was a freshman fall of ‘87 too and I remember storming Field after Penn St and WVU. Its certainly possible my memory has failed me but why wouldn’t we storm after a beat down of the defending national champs ?
Because the State Penn game was a blowout and field storms were not the norm. The game was a snooze fest for the final quarter with our 3rd and 4th stringers giving up a few TDS to make the final score look close. I’ll ask some friends, but I sure as heck don’t remember going onto the field after that game.

Darton as I rewatch this is not getting pushed at backwards. He is throwing hands extremely fast and controlling the big sob in front of him. I am even more impressed with this kid every play. Love him
That happens when you are faster, stronger and demonstrate great technique. Weight alone doesn’t make you stronger or better than the guy in front of you.

Last edited:
That happens when you are faster, stronger and demonstrated great technique. Weight alone doesn’t make you stronger or better than the guy in front of you.
It looked like he was 2 gapping, but I remember u saying the defense is more 1 gap and go.

So looks like sparrow and coley both got hurt during the bye week? Neither dressed yesterday

I agree on Coley, but I thought I saw that Sparrow got 1.5 tackles or something like that.

Usually longer arms help with that. You can more easily keep a guy from getting into your body with the block.

The 1959 team had a Darton. His name was Al Gerlick OL/DL, who went in those days both ways and was the meanest and strongest pound for pound player on the team. Listed height and weight 5-9 215.

Because the State Penn game was a blowout and field storms were not the norm. The game was a snooze fest for the final quarter with our 3rd and 4th stringers giving up a few TDS to make the final score look close. I’ll ask some friends, but I sure as heck don’t remember going onto the field after that game.
i dont it was a storming.. more like a trickeling

1666195091155.png

Do any of Dorothy’s munchkins have any eligibility left?

I agree on Coley, but I thought I saw that Sparrow got 1.5 tackles or something like that.

sparrow didn't dress. saw him during my rewatch.

we're so banged up right now it's scary. fingers crossed on Lowery but I don't expect.

good thing we got Macdonald back he had a monster game.

sparrow didn't dress. saw him during my rewatch.

we're so banged up right now it's scary. fingers crossed on Lowery but I don't expect.

good thing we got Macdonald back he had a monster game.

Yeah, we're getting anorexic in depth on the D side of the ball these days.

Really can't afford to lose any more MOBsters at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom