The current state of recruiting in this program | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

The current state of recruiting in this program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our player development has been poor but we were putting kids in the NBA every year? huh. weird.

We didn't get Preston because we didn't pay. How many other kids? You say Duke and UK cheat. Quade Green and Jordan Tucker?

We didn't land Brunson because we had other PG's. We didn't land Jimmer Fredette either. Easy to cherry pick after the fact.
Do you honestly realize how absurd your first sentence is.

Player development HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A PLAYER'S PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL UPSIDE.
15+ raw underdeveloped basketball players get drafted in the first round of the NBA draft. That has nothing to do with player development from a college basketball program.

My god. I don't know why I bother. It's mind numbing.

You and others throw that word around whenever you disagree with a viewpoint as if it somehow elevates your position. That's a narrative in itself.

People throw it our there because you stick to a narrative, not because people don't agree with you. You blame JB for everything, you don't like him, won't credit him for anything and take shots at him all the time. That's who you are. You prove it everyday. You go out of your way to stick to your anti-JB narrative. Sorry man, but everyone here sees it.

Do you honestly realize how absurd your first sentence is.

Player development HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A PLAYER'S PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL UPSIDE.
15+ raw underdeveloped basketball players get drafted in the first round of the NBA draft. That has nothing to do with player development from a college basketball program.

My god. I don't know why I bother. It's mind numbing.

Screaming at me in all caps doesn't make you right. Take it down a notch chief. You're telling me Rak didn't get better? Mike Gbinje? Hakim Warrick? Rick Jackson? Because it doesn't fit your narrative?

Do you honestly think our coaches don't coach in practice? Have you ever been to a practice?

Dude, you've totally missed the point, which was that GMac didn't deserve to be an AC on our staff. Go back an re-read.
I mean why should I bother giving you a real answer because its honestly pointless you will just spin whatever way you want.

Of course he deserved the job. He got it. It doesn't mean he was the best candidate we could have gotten for the job.
You try merging the two into one thought.
GMac has been a fine assistant coach. After the 2012 season we have no clue if he bothered trying to find another option.

Screaming at me in all caps doesn't make you right. Take it down a notch chief. You're telling me Rak didn't get better? Mike Gbinje? Hakim Warrick? Rick Jackson? Because it doesn't fit your narrative?

Do you honestly think our coaches don't coach in practice? Have you ever been to a practice?
See how you just moved the goalposts.
Nobody has denied those guys didn't get better.
The point about player development has been during these past 4 years while we were on probation.

Not going back to the guys you are bringing up. Player development has struggled for the recent classes and I am not going to go through each and everyone like you will want to do in the next post.

Of course he deserved the job. He got it.

Thank you. We agree. Now go argue with Franco, since we are saying the same thing.

Feel free to ignore my posts buddy.

The point about player development has been during these past 4 years while we were on probation.

Now you're moving the goal posts. You didn't post that anywhere.

Again, the players are also responsible for their own development. I'm sure you don't want to hear that, but they have to do the work to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom