The 'Cuse was in the Atlantis' house | Syracusefan.com

The 'Cuse was in the Atlantis' house

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
for the UL game this past weekend in the Bahamas. First thanks to the all knowing all powerful Texanmark for providing the details on the game as it was like blackout city down there (and when did they change the game from a 1 pm start?).

Anyway as we were trying to figure out when and how to see this game I headed down early to the sports book and inquires about if it would be on and to find out they're clueless on it and that I should come down at game. Well going against the unspoken rule of betting on the 'Cuse I make an exception and take Cuse with the points, then at 9. Then noticing I'm the only one in orange amongst a bunch of NC, Duke fans, a Pitt, and two G'town jerseys (amongst a few other schools) I'm thinking I'm up against it here and won't be able to get the game on the biggest screen with sound.

Well come game time a while later I head down there and much to my delight I see 10 or so Cuse fans adorned in orange who have taken over the joint outnumbering the rest of the schlubs. Needless to say we got our way and got the game up and on and had a rollicking good time. Quite a riot to be in that environment and to see, once again, the Cuse travel and "take over" another joint.

Onward and upward hopefully to the Big Easy!

Way to represent my man. Reminded me of a cruise we were on and we got an SU/Gtown game in the sports bar. Once the game started, there had to be 10 SU fans there on the same cruise crowded around the bar in front of that TV, including 1 person from Cicero. Small world.

Rough life for you two. Next we'll hear how you got HD reception on your yachts. lol

Way to represent my man. Reminded me of a cruise we were on and we got an SU/Gtown game in the sports bar. Once the game started, there had to be 10 SU fans there on the same cruise crowded around the bar in front of that TV, including 1 person from Cicero. Small world.
Also reminds me of spring break my senior year when two of my buddies and I went to Jamaica, and the night of the UConn BET game (2003) we walked down the beach to a bar we knew would have the game...and there had to have been at least 25-30 SU students packed in there.

Sucks that we got to see such a lousy game, though.

for the UL game this past weekend in the Bahamas. First thanks to the all knowing all powerful Texanmark for providing the details on the game as it was like blackout city down there (and when did they change the game from a 1 pm start?).

Anyway as we were trying to figure out when and how to see this game I headed down early to the sports book and inquires about if it would be on and to find out they're clueless on it and that I should come down at game. Well going against the unspoken rule of betting on the 'Cuse I make an exception and take Cuse with the points, then at 9. Then noticing I'm the only one in orange amongst a bunch of NC, Duke fans, a Pitt, and two G'town jerseys (amongst a few other schools) I'm thinking I'm up against it here and won't be able to get the game on the biggest screen with sound.

Well come game time a while later I head down there and much to my delight I see 10 or so Cuse fans adorned in orange who have taken over the joint outnumbering the rest of the schlubs. Needless to say we got our way and got the game up and on and had a rollicking good time. Quite a riot to be in that environment and to see, once again, the Cuse travel and "take over" another joint.

Onward and upward hopefully to the Big Easy!

Did you happen to run into the comedian there?

He travels to Atlantis for 15 days at a time for shows. He is a regular at the Cuse bar in Atlanta. Great guy.

LeftArmComedy

Is that possible? :)

Im not sure if thats an inside joke or not, but my dad has HD satellite on his boat.

I would hardly call it a yacht... pretty common place these day. Costs about $3,500 and is just an extra $5 per month added on to his directtv bill.

Im not sure if thats an inside joke or not, but my dad has HD satellite on his boat.

I would hardly call it a yacht... pretty common place these day. Costs about $3,500 and is just an extra $5 per month added on to his directtv bill.

That was just a regular (not inside) joke. But yeah, rough life for your family too!! ;)

That was just a regular (not inside) joke. But yeah, rough life for your family too!! ;)

It is definitely nice... but pretty common place in the south these days.

There are quite a few people in my dad's 'redneck yacht club' that has these.

Hey, good for him (and you). I bet watching a game on the water is sweet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom