The Dino Babers Show - before Albany | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The Dino Babers Show - before Albany

There’s only so many slots for Newhouse. SU is not going to allow football players to take slots for other students who may be more qualified. I’m sure we have a few players in the communication school, but I bet there’s fewer than 6-7.
I'm sure it's not blocked for athletes. Notre Dame has half the football team in it's business school. If a kid can manage the classes and schedule I'm sure they'd be allowed to major at newhouse.

Welp...if you don't like the Engine that could or ISIS...I now give you punter noise interference. Are you freaking kidding me? I go to games. I know for a fact that the crowd is not pumped up and making noise after we have to concede a freaking punt. This is about a BS excuse as I've ever heard. You can hear a pin drop when we're punting. I call BS Dino

And now he's basically saying that he can't recruit in the top half of the ACC.

Game over.
Dino has switched to the excuse mode that all coaches who are failing do. If we get stomped by Liberty the movie references will start to become a new language. By the end of the season if things tank i expect to see Dino wearing nothing but Hawaiian shirts, board shorts and Sandals while spouting quotes from Mad Max as the Santana song plays in the background and their is a faint smell of Ramon and spam in the air:)

So we can't recruit with Pitt, NC State, UVA, and BC? Don't buy it, you need a better spiel.

Agree, and the piece I struggle with is how fans should both up their support of the program in multiple ways while also getting a message similar to what you mentioned.

Not saying Dino or JW said this explicitly but if we don’t view ourselves as being able to compete with the schools you mentioned for talent then we probably need to reassess some much bigger questions around the program.

So if SU (and the Syracuse area) is so limited in appeal and resources as to hamper recruiting, how does the BBall program nearly always manage to have classes ranked anywhere from 5-25?

We need an east coast centric staff.

premise couldn't be more wrong.because the original So if SU (and the Syracuse area) is so limited in appeal and resources as to hamper recruiting, how does the BBall program nearly always manage to have classes ranked anywhere from 5-25?
That's because the original premise couldn't be more wrong.

We need an east coast centric staff.
We tend to have some of that on D. White the Bronx. Chip Va. The D is doing great. We need an O. Recruiting is national. I want a staff that can win no matter where the players are located.

Yeah, I don’t think that’s the calculation. I think it’s more “I get to live in Boston 4 years and that’s way more of a sure thing than Syracuse having a good season”

That’s the way I’d think of it and I’m a die hard
Nahh. We've recruited higher than BC most years.

Oline -> NFL is because they run more of a Pro System. NFL would rather that, than teaching a guy that played in a spread how to fully play the position.

"Young receivers have to learn the offense." What offense?
I would rather have the young big guys go in and play backyard ball. Just get the helm open I don’t care what you run

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom