"The Dome roof" | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

"The Dome roof"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read any of the previous 26 pages in this thread, so I apologize if I'm repetitious. Winning will solve everything. Winning = TV = new fans = attendance = money = new facilities. Students don't go to the games because we don't win. They don't have decades of loyalty to get them through the losing seasons.
what a fresh and new perspective here

Haha I've been barking up this tree for a while. Brought numerous examples on why it can work ... I look forward to a vast change on how they do student tickets/experiences.

To edit those last two sentences. Those on the hill HAVE been afraid to try anything out of the box. Hopeful a change is coming

Okay. You baited me!

One example of out of the box thinking. Syracuse Athletics, in partnership with Sidearm Sports piloted a new Student Rewards Program during basketball season. The phone app awards points for activities such as event attendance, trivia quizzes, contests and enables the user to exchange points for merchandise, entries into drawings and experiences. Syracuse was the first school to launch such a program (Stanford has since joined us). Haven't seen any data but I've heard the results have been positive. Big test will come during football season.

Okay. You baited me!

One example of out of the box thinking. Syracuse Athletics, in partnership with Sidearm Sports piloted a new Student Rewards Program during basketball season. The phone app awards points for activities such as event attendance, trivia quizzes, contests and enables the user to exchange points for merchandise, entries into drawings and experiences. Syracuse was the first school to launch such a program (Stanford has since joined us). Haven't seen any data but I've heard the results have been positive. Big test will come during football season.

I was barking for years about having it be a membership card that scanned and do rewards that way - phone app is a great thing.

Having Jeff Rubin is a huge asset that often can be overlooked

I didn't read any of the previous 26 pages in this thread, so I apologize if I'm repetitious. Winning will solve everything. Winning = TV = new fans = attendance = money = new facilities. Students don't go to the games because we don't win. They don't have decades of loyalty to get them through the losing seasons.

Truth.

If everybody says we need to win, then:

Top 25 recruiting classes = winning.

How does Syracuse get Top 25 recruiting classes? 2 options:

1) Move Syracuse south, to North Carolina

OR

2) Find a way in the next 3 years to get to a bowl game each and every season. Get 6 wins this year, 7 the next, and 8 the next.

Option number 2 MIGHT get you ONE top 25 class, but take a dip in year 4 and it's another step back

Both of these options are difficult to do, but one of them is impossible

If everybody says we need to win, then:

Top 25 recruiting classes = winning.

How does Syracuse get Top 25 recruiting classes? 2 options:

1) Move Syracuse south, to North Carolina

OR

2) Find a way in the next 3 years to get to a bowl game each and every season. Get 6 wins this year, 7 the next, and 8 the next.

Option number 2 MIGHT get you ONE top 25 class, but take a dip in year 4 and it's another step back

Both of these options are difficult to do, but one of them is impossible

Why do you think it’s impossible to get to a bowl game each of the next 3 years?

Why do you think it’s impossible to get to a bowl game each of the next 3 years?
Should be at least the next 4 with HCDfB and QBs EfD & TfD!

Locking this so we have the discussions in one place. The changes are more than the roof and there’s now no point in this discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.