The dream's still alive | Syracusefan.com

The dream's still alive

RF2044

Living Legend
Scored a nice road win over a decent opponent, essentially cancelling out the NC State loss.

I hope that the ND / NCSU games that we pissed away don't sink us.

Clemson / UNC at home.

Duke / BC on the road.

Have to find a way to win at least two of them.

Last edited:
Scored a nice road win over a decent opponent, essentially cancelling out the NC State loss.

Clemson / UNC at home.

Duke / BC on the road.

We pissed away a bunch of games. Throw in Wake on the road and Georgia Tech too. I think we need two more +1 in the ACC Tournament.

Clemson / UNC at home.

Duke / BC on the road.

"Have to find a way to win at least two of them" - not necessarily

Today's w and @ L'vlle are more than "decent" - both Q1 wins

Clemson / UNC at home.

Duke / BC on the road.

We're such a bubble team. It's hilarious.

I'll add that anyone who thinks we can finish 8-10 and not go on a run in the ACC Tournament is without a clue.

We pissed away a bunch of games. Throw in Wake on the road and Georgia Tech too. I think we need two more +1 in the ACC Tournament.
We had that Florida State game in our pocket—even more than Wake or G Tech.

We had that Florida State game in our pocket—even more than Wake or G Tech.

Yeah, that's why I said, "a bunch." Wake is bad. Needed to sweep them, plus they were without one of their best players for most of the game.

I'll add that anyone who thinks we can finish 8-10 and not go on a run in the ACC Tournament is without a clue.

I'd prefer we take care of business in the regular season. Teams that play three guys 38-40 minutes a night are not set up all that well to make big runs in their conference tournament.

I'd prefer we take care of business in the regular season. Teams that play three guys 38-40 minutes a night are not set up all that well to make big runs in their conference tournament.

I agree. 9-9 and one win is doable. 10-8 is a tall order. 8-10 is not a good spot to be in, entering a tournament in which the team is winless.

And the league is marginal this year compared to other years.
but still regarded as one of the top 3 conferences this year.
take a look at the b1g, pac12, aac, a10...

Our ACC schedule was incredibly forgiving this year. BC, Pitt and Wake x2.

Should have been spotted 6-0 to start the season.

Should've been spotted 4-0 against Wake and Pitt, but BC has a great backcourt and are a very tough team this year with several quality wins.

Our ACC schedule was incredibly forgiving this year. BC, Pitt and Wake x2.

Should have been spotted 6-0 to start the season.

I agree with all of that. Yet somehow the ACC has four teams in the rpi top ten which only confirms my belief that that system is completely useless.

but still regarded as one of the top 3 conferences this year.
take a look at the b1g, pac12, aac, a10...

Yeah I'd put them at 3 or 4 behind the BE, SEC and maybe B12.

I’ll give you a dome loss vs NC state if it means we get a road win @ Miami. NC state hurt to lose but it essentially means nothing now because today’s win is a significant one

I’ll give you a dome loss vs NC state if it means we get a road win @ Miami. NC state hurt to lose but it essentially means nothing now because today’s win is a significant one

I agree with your first sentence, not your second. The loss to NC State didn't hurt, as it wasn't a bad loss (despite it being at home) but not getting a win did.

"Have to find a way to win at least two of them" - not necessarily

Today's w and @ L'vlle are more than "decent" - both Q1 wins

You are completely barking up the wrong tree championing this position, IMO.

We absolutely need to win 2 more, and even then might need to do some additional work in the ACCT.

Anything less is treading dangerous ground.

You can agree all you want. And also quite possibly be wrong.
You can think what you want. This team is capable of losing to Wake and winning at Miami and Ville. We could easily be locked in defensively and play pretty good offense if Marek is on and go on a run. This team has some jekyll and Hyde to them due to the streaky nature of our 3 best players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom