The dummy who posted about Craft... | Syracusefan.com

The dummy who posted about Craft...

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
Last week maybe in a post saying "bring him on" and such in a potential match against OSU in the Tourney. LOL. :crazy:

Last week maybe in a post saying "bring him on" and such in a potential match against OSU in the Tourney. LOL. :crazy:

I'd love to have him on our team. Guy is a player.

The guy that brags about getting away with fouls? Good for him though.lol

I'd love to have him on our team. Guy is a player.

No question. VERY underrated offensive player, too. I know a kid, and he was good too, who played against Craft in H.S. Said he was just unstoppable with this bulldog motor.

VERY underrated offensive player, too.
Well, to be fair, that didn't really start happening until a few weeks ago. Last year and the early part of this year he was a liability on offense. But now, after tonight and his last few games, I'm no longer a doubter. He's definitely become a complete player, and one of the very best guards in the nation.

That dummy was me. At some point in the tournament, you're going to face teams that can beat you or are favored over you. Of course, matchups can determine how far you can go. Whether Ohio State is a worse matchup for us vs another similarly seeded team is unknown at this point. My post was simply intended to show my distaste for Craft as perhaps the most annoying player in college basketball. Along with my desire to gain revenge for our loss last year. And I guarantee the players on our team would like to get a chance at them again. So I say it again - bring them on. I don't say it in a cocky way or that we would not have a difficult path to victory. We would, just as it will be difficult to win 6 in a row. But that's our goal - so let's toss the ball up and bring on all comers and Let's Go Orange!

Any guard that roughs up MCW takes him out of his game and Craft would rough him up in a big way.

He gave Dion a hard time last year and he would give MCW fits. And yes he gets away with a ton of fouls but it works for him.

It's called Red Cheek Syndrome. Both my kids have it. Their faces flush when when they get excited/nervous or when they drink. If they come into the room with RCS, I point my finger at them and say, "J'accuse!"
Interesting. Never knew that. When I was young, my dad used to spank my bare a$s when I swore. I used to sport a little red cheek syndrome myself I guess

Craft seems like the new Steve Wojciechowski type player where all fans can't stand him, but his defense is first-team All American worthy, but his offense is not consistent enough to be an all-American player, but he still a player you love on your team, but is despised by everyone else. The biggest subplot from last night's game was that Indiana gave up its stranglehold on getting the Midwest region. Indiana will probably still receive a 1 seed, but they have a game in Ann Arbor staring in the face with the outright B1G title on the line. Indiana loses that game and doesn't win the B1G tournament then Louisville, Georgetown, or Michigan, Michigan State could sneak into the 1 seed in Indianapolis. Without Indiana in Indy as a possibility then I honestly don't care where SU gets bracketed. I just want no part of a potential 1 vs. 4 Indiana vs. Syracuse matchup in Indy.

Craft seems like the new Steve Wojciechowski type player where all fans can't stand him, but his defense is first-team All American worthy, but his offense is not consistent enough to be an all-American player, but he still a player you love on your team, but is despised by everyone else. The biggest subplot from last night's game was that Indiana gave up its stranglehold on getting the Midwest region. Indiana will probably still receive a 1 seed, but they have a game in Ann Arbor staring in the face with the outright B1G title on the line. Indiana loses that game and doesn't win the B1G tournament then Louisville, Georgetown, or Michigan, Michigan State could sneak into the 1 seed in Indianapolis. Without Indiana in Indy as a possibility then I honestly don't care where SU gets bracketed. I just want no part of a potential 1 vs. 4 Indiana vs. Syracuse matchup in Indy.

Indiana is slowly screwing themselves for Indianapolis. If they lose to Michigan they can all but kiss that goodbye unless they win the B1G tournament.

Supposedly the best team in the country and yet they have 5 losses. This tournament is going to be completely whacked.

Indiana is slowly screwing themselves for Indianapolis. If they lose to Michigan they can all but kiss that goodbye unless they win the B1G tournament.

Supposedly the best team in the country and yet they have 5 losses. This tournament is going to be completely whacked.
There is no best team in the country this regular season.

It's like fantasy football, there are only tiers, no real separation within each group.

FWIW, I think we're a second tier team this year, but given the right draw, who knows.

There is no best team in the country this regular season.

It's like fantasy football, there are only tiers, no real separation within each group.

FWIW, I think we're a second tier team this year, but given the right draw, who knows.

Oh I agree. I just keep hearing how Indiana is the best team in the country (on paper anyways) and I am not buying it. Like you said there is no best team and there are 15 teams who could cut the nets down when it is al said and done. If anyone picks the final four right this season they should be given a network analyst job.

Oh I agree. I just keep hearing how Indiana is the best team in the country (on paper anyways) and I am not buying it. Like you said there is no best team and there are 15 teams who could cut the nets down when it is al said and done. If anyone picks the final four right this season they should be given a network analyst job.
Honestly, I think it's amazing that Indiana keeps getting the hype they've gotten.

They've dropped 2 home games this season. No big deal for a good team in a competitive league. But a big deal for the team that everyone says has separated themselves from the pack, and seemingly couldn't drop out of the top 5 if they tried to.

I feel like the media keeps pumping IU because that's how they started the year, and since no one else has stepped up, they feel obligated to keep banging that drum. IU is very good, but they can lose in the 2nd round this year just like everyone else.

Honestly, I think it's amazing that Indiana keeps getting the hype they've gotten.

They've dropped 2 home games this season. No big deal for a good team in a competitive league. But a big deal for the team that everyone says has separated themselves from the pack, and seemingly couldn't drop out of the top 5 if they tried to.

I feel like the media keeps pumping IU because that's how they started the year, and since no one else has stepped up, they feel obligated to keep banging that drum. IU is very good, but they can lose in the 2nd round this year just like everyone else.
The reason Indiana hasn't lived up to hype is that Zeller hasn't been the player everyone expected at the start of the year. Zeller was suppose to be national POY and best player on Indiana and hasn't been Victor Oladipo has been the best player on Indiana. If Zeller plays like he did last year Indiana will be a tough off in the NCAA touranment. I think this tournament is wide open, but if Indiana got the Midwest region they would almost be a lock to reach the Final Four and that is why everyone is still on their bandwagon. No other team seems to have that type of advantage in the NCAA tournament outside of UCLA in Staples Center and UCLA doesn't scare people like Indiana because of Ben Howland coaching. BTW did anybody see last night in the last minute of the game when Crean was literally 2 or 3 feet on the floor yelling at his kids to foul. Why the hell didn't the ref standing right next to Crean T him up. I was yelling the ahole is literally on the 3 pt line 3 ft on the court and the ref did nothing.

The reason Indiana hasn't lived up to hype is that Zeller hasn't been the player everyone expected at the start of the year. Zeller was suppose to be national POY and best player on Indiana and hasn't been Victor Oladipo has been the best player on Indiana. If Zeller plays like he did last year Indiana will be a tough off in the NCAA touranment. I think this tournament is wide open, but if Indiana got the Midwest region they would almost be a lock to reach the Final Four and that is why everyone is still on their bandwagon. No other team seems to have that type of advantage in the NCAA tournament outside of UCLA in Staples Center and UCLA doesn't scare people like Indiana because of Ben Howland coaching. BTW did anybody see last night in the last minute of the game when Crean was literally 2 or 3 feet on the floor yelling at his kids to foul. Why the hell didn't the ref standing right next to Crean T him up. I was yelling the ahole is literally on the 3 pt line 3 ft on the court and the ref did nothing.

I saw him. Pretty ridiculous.

Also I found it odd that they did the senior thing after the game as opposed to before the game. Kind of ass backwards and it probably was not as meaningful after a tough loss like they had.

I don't see IU in indy as a lock for the FF.

Just off hand, I believe their record in Indy this year is 0-1. And the Butler team they lost to will be about equal in quality to the teams they could see in the 2nd weekend.

That dummy was me. At some point in the tournament, you're going to face teams that can beat you or are favored over you. Of course, matchups can determine how far you can go. Whether Ohio State is a worse matchup for us vs another similarly seeded team is unknown at this point. My post was simply intended to show my distaste for Craft as perhaps the most annoying player in college basketball. Along with my desire to gain revenge for our loss last year. And I guarantee the players on our team would like to get a chance at them again. So I say it again - bring them on. I don't say it in a cocky way or that we would not have a difficult path to victory. We would, just as it will be difficult to win 6 in a row. But that's our goal - so let's toss the ball up and bring on all comers and Let's Go Orange!

For sure and I was mostly joking. I just have always loved this kid's game and I hate OSU. If you're talking matchups then we absolutely do not want to see OSU in a bracket. This is a no brainer, imo. Craft and Shannon Scott would take MCW/Triche completely out of the game and Thomas is the perfect zone buster. Their big guys are playing well and are physical.

We just aren't really capable of playing well against good defensive teams and they certainly are one. OSU has shown they can play well against good teams.

It's all about the money. As long as IU is a #1 seed, which seems quite probable, then they will be playing in the Hoosier Dome. I think that is wrong but the NCAA, one of the most corrupt organizations around, is only worried about the money.

It's all about the money. As long as IU is a #1 seed, which seems quite probable, then they will be playing in the Hoosier Dome. I think that is wrong but the NCAA, one of the most corrupt organizations around, is only worried about the money.

I don't think this is as much of a lock as you might think. If Indiana doesn't win @Michigan and/or doesn't win the B10 tournament, I could see KU sneaking in there

Craft would drive MCW insane.

I'd put the over/under on the number of times that MCW would get his pocket picked at three. If Craft never made a perimter shot he would still be one of the best PGs in the country. No fan of OSU but I love watching Craft play. Tremendous footwork on "D" and an amazing motor. I'd love to have him on our team. And OSU is going to be a very tough out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom