The dummy who posted about Craft... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The dummy who posted about Craft...

I don't think this is as much of a lock as you might think. If Indiana doesn't win @Michigan and/or doesn't win the B10 tournament, I could see KU sneaking in there

I am not saying it's a lock but the NCAA will do everything in its power to get IU to Indy. If IU slides further then it may not happen but if they are anywhere close to being a #1 seed then they're going to Indy.

I'd put the over/under on the number of times that MCW would get his pocket picked at three. If Craft never made a perimter shot he would still be one of the best PGs in the country. No fan of OSU but I love watching Craft play. Tremendous footwork on "D" and an amazing motor. I'd love to have him on our team. And OSU is going to be a very tough out.

Yep. No question. But he fouls every time. :crazy: Terrible matchup for our guards.

I am not saying it's a lock but the NCAA will do everything in its power to get IU to Indy. If IU slides further then it may not happen but if they are anywhere close to being a #1 seed then they're going to Indy.

We'll see; maybe I'm wrong for sure. I could see them being a 1 seed but not being in Indianapolis. Kansas could pass them, or maybe if Michigan beats them Sat and wins the Big 10 tournament

I don't think this is as much of a lock as you might think. If Indiana doesn't win @Michigan and/or doesn't win the B10 tournament, I could see KU sneaking in there

Also kind of hard to get too down on IU. They at least clinched a share of the title in the Big 10 which is imo easily the best conference in the country. Until last night all of their losses were by five points or less and the team they lost to last night is a legit F4 contender. It just depends whether the Committee sees the Big 10 as the best conference and whether IU can win a few more games before the NCAA tourney.

We'll see; maybe I'm wrong for sure. I could see them being a 1 seed but not being in Indianapolis. Kansas could pass them, or maybe if Michigan beats them Sat and wins the Big 10 tournament

You don't think the NCAA is motivated by the dollars? The Hoosier Dome is a big arena and they will want to fill it to capacity. What's the best way to do that? Btw I like KU but their schedule pales in comparison to IU's.

You don't think the NCAA is motivated by the dollars? The Hoosier Dome is a big arena and they will want to fill it to capacity. What's the best way to do that? Btw I like KU but their schedule pales in comparison to IU's.

I dunno when it comes to the selection committee. I've heard so many things about the committee over the years about biases and stuff like that (for example I believe in 2008 the Ohio State AD was the committee chair, people were saying if Ohio State is on the bubble they will get in because of that. They didn't. Or for the few years we heard no way the BE would never get more than 8 teams in the dance until they got 11. etc) that I don't really buy it.

If Indiana gets a 1 seed, because the committee likes to keep teams close to home, it's very likely they will go to Indy. But i don't think it's a lock. They could be passed in the pecking order by teams who have Indianapolis as their closest site as well.

At 525 miles away Arlington, TX is just as close to Lawrence, KS as Indy is. If they want to keep the Hoosiers home they'll send the Jawhawks to Jerry's world.

I dunno when it comes to the selection committee. I've heard so many things about the committee over the years about biases and stuff like that (for example I believe in 2008 the Ohio State AD was the committee chair, people were saying if Ohio State is on the bubble they will get in because of that. They didn't. Or for the few years we heard no way the BE would never get more than 8 teams in the dance until they got 11. etc) that I don't really buy it.

If Indiana gets a 1 seed, because the committee likes to keep teams close to home, it's very likely they will go to Indy. But i don't think it's a lock. They could be passed in the pecking order by teams who have Indianapolis as their closest site as well.
Agreed Knicks, if Louisville runs the table thru the end of the season they will be a 1 seed as well and the closest region to Louisville is in Indianapolis and the Cardinals have a large fanbase as well. Honestly, I want Louisville to end up with a 2 seed so they get send to Indy and Indiana has to deal with Louisville potentially in a regional final. I think the 2 best team in the country are Indiana and Louisville(because of their defense).

Any guard that roughs up MCW takes him out of his game and Craft would rough him up in a big way.

He gave Dion a hard time last year and he would give MCW fits. And yes he gets away with a ton of fouls but it works for him.
Any comment someone made about Aaron Craft not being good has to be a frustration I don't like the way the guy plays sort of thing. He is great defender although he does foul a lot and it's never called. His motor and will are unbelievable and he makes everyone around him better. I would love to have him on our team. MCW would lose his mind if he had to be guarded by him for 40 minutes. I bet you Triche would bring the ball up and MCW would be a complete no factor in that game.

Any comment someone made about Aaron Craft not being good has to be a frustration I don't like the way the guy plays sort of thing. He is great defender although he does foul a lot and it's never called. His motor and will are unbelievable and he makes everyone around him better. I would love to have him on our team. MCW would lose his mind if he had to be guarded by him for 40 minutes. I bet you Triche would bring the ball up and MCW would be a complete no factor in that game.

Good points. I love the way he plays. Never heard Bilas or any other commentator bring up Craft's fouling ever in a telecast.

Very few things are a lock but I've watched these committees for decades and they are very motivated by the money. Nobody else in the running for a #1 seed is really close to Indianapolis. Now if IU loses to UM and then quickly exits the B-1o tourney then maybe they won't get a # 1 seed. But if they are a #1 seed then I don't see how they aren't put in Indy. Follow the money.

Well they are definitely motivated by location for sure. If Indy is 1 seed I agree the most likely scenario puts them in Indianapolis.

It's all about the money. As long as IU is a #1 seed, which seems quite probable, then they will be playing in the Hoosier Dome. I think that is wrong but the NCAA, one of the most corrupt organizations around, is only worried about the money.
The place is sold out anyway. The only people who would make more money would be the scalpers.

Well they are definitely motivated by location for sure. If Indy is 1 seed I agree the most likely scenario puts them in Indianapolis.
The place is sold out anyway. The only people who would make more money would be the scalpers.

Really? That sounds hard to believe. They've already sold out a dome stadium for a regional and they don't even know who is playing there yet?

Really? That sounds hard to believe. They've already sold out a dome stadium for a regional and they don't even know who is playing there yet?
Well, there are still tickets in the top deck nosebleed sections. They'll be gone no matter who plays.

I don't think they sell all the tickets when they play in dome's unless it's the FF.

Well, there are still tickets in the top deck nosebleed sections. They'll be gone no matter who plays.

OK. So it's not sold out.

I would assume a whole bunch of IU fans have purchased tickets thinking IU would be there. Maybe I'm too cynical but from what I have seen, the NCAA's first and last instinct is to maximize the dollars. I don't think anybody should have anything close to a home court advantage. The amount of money made off the TV contract should be enough that they're not worried about maximizing the last dollar. Look at the women. They allow UConn to play on their home floor in the tournament for no other reason than to maximize attendance.

I'm not going to lie--I loathe Ohio State, and at some point down the road I'd like to be able to pay them back for ousting us from last year's NCAA tournament. We were a better team, and they squeaked one out based upon a lopsided free throw differential.

But Ohio State is going the opposite trajectory of us, in that they are rounding into form late in the season and showing that they can beat highly ranked teams.

Meanwhile, we're getting worse and have lost 6 out of our last 10 [or whatever]. I wouldn't want any part of them this year. Doesn't mean that we COULDN'T beat them, but they are playing a lot more confident ball right now than we are.

OK. So it's not sold out.

I would assume a whole bunch of IU fans have purchased tickets thinking IU would be there. Maybe I'm too cynical but from what I have seen, the NCAA's first and last instinct is to maximize the dollars. I don't think anybody should have anything close to a home court advantage. The amount of money made off the TV contract should be enough that they're not worried about maximizing the last dollar. Look at the women. They allow UConn to play on their home floor in the tournament for no other reason than to maximize attendance.
So you don't think it will be sold out if IU is not there? How far away are Michigan, Mich. St., Butler,
Louisville, Ohio State, etc. It will be sold out regardless of who is there.

So you don't think it will be sold out if IU is not there? How far away are Michigan, Mich. St., Butler,
Louisville, Ohio State, etc. It will be sold out regardless of who is there.

I can recall regionals at the Dome where they didn't sell the building out and their capacity for hoops is about 10K lower than Lucas Oil stadium. If you don't get the right teams in there then no I don't think they fill up 45K.

Butler will not be playing in Indy cuz the NCAA won't let a lower seed play in their hometown against a higher seed. Only one highly seeded B-10 team will play in Indy-they can't all play there. The only way it won't be IU is if they play their way out of a #1 seed. The NCAA has shown time and time again that they push heavily to let the top seeds play very close to home to maximize attendance. I think it sucks but they do it all of the time.

I can recall regionals at the Dome where they didn't sell the building out and their capacity for hoops is about 10K lower than Lucas Oil stadium. If you don't get the right teams in there then no I don't think they fill up 45K.

Butler will not be playing in Indy cuz the NCAA won't let a lower seed play in their hometown against a higher seed. Only one highly seeded B-10 team will play in Indy-they can't all play there. The only way it won't be IU is if they play their way out of a #1 seed. The NCAA has shown time and time again that they push heavily to let the top seeds play very close to home to maximize attendance. I think it sucks but they do it all of the time.

I don't think they plan on making 45,000 tickets available regardless of who is playing there.

I don't think they plan on making 45,000 tickets available regardless of who is playing there.[/quote
Correct. The BB floor will be at one end of the stadium.

I don't think they plan on making 45,000 tickets available regardless of who is playing there.

If the NCAA can do 33,000 with Michigan or Michigan State or they could do 33,001 with IU then it will be IU unless they bow out very early in the B1G.

Yep and the last time (2006) they hosted the F4 with that seating format they had close to 44K in attendance. And the last time they hosted the regional in 2009 the attendance was only 33K and tickets were on sale the day of the game and they didn't come anywhere close to selling out. And the teams that played there included MSU, Lville and KU, teams that travel pretty well. That's why I was telling you that a sell-out is a given by no means.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom