The end game | Syracusefan.com

The end game

We better. We have let too many get away from us, most of our own doing. I'm sick of saying the same things every week. We have to clean up the BS. Tackling, turnovers, dropsies, penalties...we can't afford any of those against Louisville.

We will beat Lville, lose @ Missouri and win @ Temple. Bowl bound.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
I'll have some of the drugs you've been taking. There is NOT A SNOW BALL'S CHANCE IN HELL that SU beats either Louisville or Missouri. As the soup nazi said: "No bowl for you!"

Every game SU has played has been winnable. I see no reason to think the remaining three should be any different.

Why is everybody so scared of Missouri?

Miss has talent.. they have done very little with it though .
200 yds vs GA, 300 vs Ariz St, 250 vs USC, 350 vs UCF, 400 vs VAndy, 140 vs Ala, 250 vs Kent.
florida was one of the better efforts 330.

I have absolutely no idea why people are so confident we'll beat Louisville.

It's some kind of bizarro groupthink run amok.

I mean I'm not saying it's impossible that we could win, but you'd think WE were the top ten ranked, undefeated team, and THEY were the 4-5 team by the way some people have been posting about this game for weeks.

I think the use of the term groupthink has run amok.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

if we lose to louisville we will have to listen to richard pitino talk about how he is glad we are going to the big east

I think You have it dead on. I am so tired of people looking at the ranking besides these teams names and chalking up losses. Watch these games people. Louisville is not a top 10 team. They are the product of a big east schedule and a poor OOC schedule (see: Rutgers).

I like Charlie Strong a lot and Respect Teddy Bridgewater but this isn't Bama. And Shafer seems to do MUCH better against pro style type Os than he does against the USFs and Cincys of the world.

I think the Temple game will ultimately be played for the Pinstripe.

Why is everybody so scared of Missouri?
IF their qb, Franklin is healthy, they beat us. Exactly the type of qb that kills us. The teams they have been playing against, from the SEC, much bigger, stronger, and faster

I think You have it dead on. I am so tired of people looking at the ranking besides these teams names and chalking up losses. Watch these games people. Louisville is not a top 10 team. They are the product of a big east schedule and a poor OOC schedule (see: Rutgers).

I like Charlie Strong a lot and Respect Teddy Bridgewater but this isn't Bama. And Shafer seems to do MUCH better against pro style type Os than he does against the USFs and Cincys of the world.

I hope you are right--I really do. But I am concerned that yesterday's game was our best shot to get that much-needed fifth win to make the Temple game about bowl eligibility.

IF their qb, Franklin is healthy, they beat us. Exactly the type of qb that kills us. The teams they have been playing against, from the SEC, much bigger, stronger, and faster
And by the exact type of QB that kills us you mean? Apparently, most second string QB can beat us this year.

I have absolutely no idea why people are so confident we'll beat Louisville.

I mean I'm not saying it's impossible that we could win, but you'd think WE were the top ten ranked, undefeated team, and THEY were the 4-5 team by the way some people have been posting about this game for weeks.
You must have missed the BCS talk in the chat.

I think it's highly unlikely we beat Ville and the Mizzou QB will kill us with the read option.

I think the reason for optimism is that no team has dusted us this year. We have been in every single game and if we had played our "A" game could have won all but maybe USC. When was the last time you could say that about SU? Make no mistake, opposing coaches see SU as a very dangerous opponent who has a tendency to shoot themselves in the foot.

not sure why franklin will kill us running he has run for 100 yds on the season . not that it means he wont.

not sure why franklin will kill us running he has run for 100 yds on the season . not that it means he wont.

He has been banged up most of the season, has missed two games a majority of at least two others ... had to be medically cleared just to participate for a handful of snaps against Kentucky. Plus he has the added "luxury" of going up against SEC defenses. He can run rather effectively.

I'm getting to the point that looking at schedules has become pointless. I agree that Louisville isn't a top 10 dynamo ... Mizzou will give us a rock fight since they are much better with Franklin then without him but to understand how crazy this season is just think about this:

Kentucky absolutely hammers Kent St. then gets wasted by Arkansas
Rutgers is embarrassed by Kent St. but beats Arkansas (yes T Wilson played both games)

That is just one of many examples where the transitive property fails and even trying to discern how good a team is based on schedule and performance based on said schedule is becoming impossible. I must admit many times I have been guilty of judging a team's quality based on schedule (although I stand by my early season assessment that NW is a pretty good squad and Minny sucks) but as this season wears on I almost feel as if you can pretty much start chucking schedules out the window because of all the scenarios like the one above. But if you want to look at a transitive that gives us a good vibe ... Vandy beat Mizzou ... Vandy was handled relatively easily by NW and we pushed NW to the limit (frankly we kicked their asses up and down the field we just shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly).

I'm getting to the point that looking at schedules has become pointless. I agree that Louisville isn't a top 10 dynamo ... Mizzou will give us a rock fight since they are much better with Franklin then without him but to understand how crazy this season is just think about this:

Kentucky absolutely hammers Kent St. then gets wasted by Arkansas
Rutgers is embarrassed by Kent St. but beats Arkansas (yes T Wilson played both games)

That is just one of many examples where the transitive property fails and even trying to discern how good a team is based on schedule and performance based on said schedule is becoming impossible. I must admit many times I have been guilty of judging a team's quality based on schedule (although I stand by my early season assessment that NW is a pretty good squad and Minny sucks) but as this season wears on I almost feel as if you can pretty much start chucking schedules out the window because of all the scenarios like the one above. But if you want to look at a transitive that gives us a good vibe ... Vandy beat Mizzou ... Vandy was handled relatively easily by NW and we pushed NW to the limit (frankly we kicked their asses up and down the field we just shot ourselves in the foot repeatedly).

Oh I completely agree, transitive property is basically useless in CFB. But at this point n the year, we have all watched a fair amount of CFB to know how our team stacks up. Lville is no juggernaut that we should be bowing down to. Good, well coached team? Absolutely. Best in the Big east? Probably. But WVU 2011 happened just last year. It's not crazy to thnk we can't beat a top 25 team (which they are), at home.

We beat VT in 2002 when we finished 4-8. We beat WV last year when we finished 5-7. UL is not better than either of those two teams. Point is upsets happen all the time in college football. We need 2 wins to make a bowl. It is just as likely we beat UL and Mizz and lose to Temple as it we lost to UL and Mizz and beat Temple.

Fact is this team is on the cusp, we dropped some balls yesterday, too many unforced penalties, and lousy day kicking the ball. But we don't play every game like that and when we play clean football we can play with anyone. We need 2 more clean outings this year and we will go bowling. 2 more performances like yesterday and we sit home. I really thing it's that simple. We have the talent to win, we just need the discipline. Marrone and co. have to get this team to calm down and play the way they can play.

Louisville may not be Bama, but they are in a different universe compared to SU. Louisville will win this game by AT LEAST 3 TDs.

Louisville may not be Bama, but they are in a different universe compared to SU. Louisville will win this game by AT LEAST 3 TDs.

You are clueless. Check the score of USF-Lville and get back to me. Different universe my ass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom