The end of the big three for the Heat!!!! | Syracusefan.com

The end of the big three for the Heat!!!!

I gotta assume Lebron and Co are paying Haslem under the table in some capacity.

the key guy is wade. he was not going to get anywhere near the amount of money from anyone else had he opted in

this all but tells you they are all staying and they willing to take pay cuts in order to sign pieces.

I did read it! I don't buy it for a second.

Why does Udonis Haslem turn down a guaranteed 5 million then? If the other guys are leaving, he might as well just take the cash. It's not like he would have been going along for the ride if James left.

Yeah and Lebron hasn't scheduled a meeting with any other teams. Carmelo has 4 meetings lined up. Tells you where their heads are at. The Heat are staying, all of them and taking less money, and will add a couple free agents with the extra money.

All this move means is that every other free agent will now get overpaid because every other team with cap space to burn will overpay for marginal players because they have to get somebody

the key guy is wade. he was not going to get anywhere near the amount of money from anyone else had he opted in

this all but tells you they are all staying and they willing to take pay cuts in order to sign pieces.
Short term pay cuts by season, but long term its more money. Wade is picking up a cool extra $20 mill by opting out and signing another 4 year deal. For a guy who has dead legs and really can't play on a full time basis anymore, Wade is making out like a bandit. On the open market nobody would pay this guy that kind of money for 4 years.

I gotta assume Lebron and Co are paying Haslem under the table in some capacity.
Haslem will make more money by opting out. Big Picture he will get a 2 year deal with more guaranteed money than if he just played out the final year of this deal. These guys aren't stupid they know what they are doing.

Haslem will make more money by opting out. Big Picture he will get a 2 year deal with more guaranteed money than if he just played out the final year of this deal. These guys aren't stupid they know what they are doing.
I read that by opting out of his 2-year contract, the Heat'll probably give him a 4-year contract for roughly same money overall, and, I'd imagine, a job with the team when he retires. Hometown kid, been with the Heat his entire career, from all accounts good guy and big part of team chemistry, plus once every so often he can come in and hustle, play d, and make a short jumper.

Doesen't matter the Spurs are still a better team and organization

So how much of a cut do they each need to take to really shore up that roster?

I don't know that 18 each does it. If they really want to fill out their lineup with two more starters (unless they really want to go with Cole/Napier) and a real bench they may need to go all the way down to 15 or so.

if Melo does jump, I want him going to MIA.

I'm a Knicks fan and I want him to stay, but if he goes anywhere it should be for a ring and that team would be as close as it gets.

Short term pay cuts by season, but long term its more money. Wade is picking up a cool extra $20 mill by opting out and signing another 4 year deal. For a guy who has dead legs and really can't play on a full time basis anymore, Wade is making out like a bandit. On the open market nobody would pay this guy that kind of money for 4 years.

Why on earth would the heat give him a four year deal at that average salary? He is a severely diminished product and by the third year of the deal is likely to be a role player.

if Melo does jump, I want him going to MIA.

I'm a Knicks fan and I want him to stay, but if he goes anywhere it should be for a ring and that team would be as close as it gets.
Melo has scheduled visits with 4 teams next week. Miami isn't one of them. With Bosh, Wade, and Lebron staying there is no room for Melo now according to reports.

Why on earth would the heat give him a four year deal at that average salary? He is a severely diminished product and by the third year of the deal is likely to be a role player.
Lifetime achievement award type contract. He is the greatest player in the franchises short history and they are rewarding him. They know the final year or two of the deal will be horrible for the team but they are willing to deal with it.

So if not Melo... who do they go after? Maybe it's recency bias but I have a hard time thinKing of people they could add that could help them dethrone S.A.

So if not Melo... who do they go after? Maybe it's recency bias but I have a hard time thinKing of people they could add that could help them dethrone S.A.
I heard or read they might go after Kyle Lowry.

Kyle Lowry is the guy they want bad.

Yeah heaRd that too. Certainly an upgrade at PG but he's also been in the league nine years.

Lifetime achievement award type contract. He is the greatest player in the franchises short history and they are rewarding him. They know the final year or two of the deal will be horrible for the team but they are willing to deal with it.

Disagree. Lebron is clearly the best player in the history of their franchise. If Lebron told them not to resign Wade, then they wouldn't. Lebron has basically said, if I don't have Wade, I'm out, so that's why they are paying Wade. No other reason than that.