The end of the big three for the Heat!!!! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The end of the big three for the Heat!!!!

LeBron can still get max money while returning to Miami with the Big 3. It would limit what else they can do, but they could still bring in another guy like Pau Gasol or something potentially.

Regarding Bosh, he doesn't post up as much as he used to, but his sample size is still large enough to qualify for Synergy's rankings... Bosh remains one of the best low-post scorers in the NBA. In terms of points per possession, he's in the top 35 in the entire league (regardless of position) in overall scoring, isolation scoring, post scoring, pick-and-roll scoring (as the roll man), and coming off of screens. He's also 79th in the NBA in spot up shooting. He's an average defender, but also defends the pick-and-roll extremely well because of his combination of length and quickness for a big man. At the end of the day, Bosh is probably one of the top 3 scorers in the NBA for a big man and is an average defender. He's absolutely worth a big contract, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he could get a max contract if he actually tested free agency.

LeBron's max is projected to be around $20.7 mill ... a steal.

And, as for Bosh, in addition to his playing ability, he's a crucial part of the team chemistry, that one big family atmosphere that Riley has tried to nurture and what is one of the many things that LBJ finds so appealing about playing in Miami.

LeBron can still get max money while returning to Miami with the Big 3. It would limit what else they can do, but they could still bring in another guy like Pau Gasol or something potentially.

Regarding Bosh, he doesn't post up as much as he used to, but his sample size is still large enough to qualify for Synergy's rankings... Bosh remains one of the best low-post scorers in the NBA. In terms of points per possession, he's in the top 35 in the entire league (regardless of position) in overall scoring, isolation scoring, post scoring, pick-and-roll scoring (as the roll man), and coming off of screens. He's also 79th in the NBA in spot up shooting. He's an average defender, but also defends the pick-and-roll extremely well because of his combination of length and quickness for a big man. At the end of the day, Bosh is probably one of the top 3 scorers in the NBA for a big man and is an average defender. He's absolutely worth a big contract, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he could get a max contract if he actually tested free agency.

I'm surprised he's even that low; I know he's got one of the best m id range percentages in the league, right up there with Dirk.
I think he might be above average as a defender even, at least for Miami. Either way, he fits very well for what they do; you don't really want a big man who posts up a lot when you have Lebron and Wade. you want guys who can spread the floor and allow those 2 room to operate.

Do you have a synergy account?

I'm surprised he's even that low; I know he's got one of the best m id range percentages in the league, right up there with Dirk.
I think he might be above average as a defender even, at least for Miami. Either way, he fits very well for what they do; you don't really want a big man who posts up a lot when you have Lebron and Wade. you want guys who can spread the floor and allow those 2 room to operate.

Do you have a synergy account?

I wish. Maybe now that I found my first full-time job I'll be able to afford it. For now, I just go off of what they allow free users to see.

Wade was exposed as a shell of his former self in the playoffs. Bosh is the better player now. Wade is in Kobe land, but at least he doesn't have as big an ego.
I agree with you there but Wade is much more established in Miami.

It seems like we might find out sooner rather than later. Apparently Bosh has been offered the max (4 years 88 mil) by Houston. LeBron is talking seriously with Cleveland...
JHJ just might be spot on.

Harden, Beverly/Lin, Parsons, Bosh, Howard.

That's a hell of a lineup. Not sure if Parsons will be there though, thought I heard his name mentioned as someone looking to move.

Harden, Beverly/Lin, Parsons, Bosh, Howard.

That's a hell of a lineup. Not sure if Parsons will be there though, thought I heard his name mentioned as someone looking to move.

Houston can't keep Lin and sign Bosh/Parsons, but it looks like Philly will take Lin as long as Houston gives them a 1st rd pick. Not sure what kind of bench depth they will have though

Houston can't keep Lin and sign Bosh/Parsons, but it looks like Philly will take Lin as long as Houston gives them a 1st rd pick. Not sure what kind of bench depth they will have though

Yeah, Dallas might be readying an offer sheet to Parsons, which would really screw things up for Houston. Lin would definitely have to go, but I think they can keep Bosh and Parsons if Parsons doesn't sign an offer sheet cause his cap hold is really low right now.

Trade Lin and 2#1 picks plus all the #2's Philly wants for MCW.

If Bosh takes the 4 yr 88 million deal from Houston. I think Lebron goes back Cleveland. Lin and 1st round pick probably the one Houston got for Asik from New Orleans to Philly. Melo is going to take the 5 yr 129 million from the NYK.

Wade probably gets a 4 yr 56 million from Miami. Kevin Love goes to Chicago for Gibson and pieces.

What is funny is that Cleveland has future unprotected Miami first round picks and if Lebron and Bosh left Miami they would likely become valuable as Wade is going Earl Campbell on the court.

What is funny is that Cleveland has future unprotected Miami first round picks and if Lebron and Bosh left Miami they would likely become valuable as Wade is going Earl Campbell on the court.

Yeah I didn't realize that until I heard it yesterday, pretty funny.

That might be just enough to pull the Knicks through if Melo comes back.
Yeah, you'd have to think Cleveland would improve a lot, Indiana is likely decent... but the whole balance of power in the East shifts. Really, it's good for both Chicago and the Knicks. Atlanta and Charlotte would maybe hold serve, Washington maybe gets a little better, the Nets would get older, who knows what the Raptors do. The bottom five in the conference last season probably doesn't look different this upcoming season.

I'd love to see Bosh go to the Rockets. West continues to be a heavy weight fight.

The heat would be pretty bad, but I figure if Lebron goes to a team in the east, that team is the favorite. (Unless Melo ended up in Chicago, but if he does, then the Knicks won't be any good next year).

Atlanta is a really sneaky team, I know Zach Lowe loves them. Not so much that they'll be great next year, but they have a ton of options to make something happen.

The heat would be pretty bad, but I figure if Lebron goes to a team in the east, that team is the favorite. (Unless Melo ended up in Chicago, but if he does, then the Knicks won't be any good next year).

Atlanta is a really sneaky team, I know Zach Lowe loves them. Not so much that they'll be great next year, but they have a ton of options to make something happen.
I actually really like how Cleveland looks with Lebron. Lebron needs to be thinking about carrying less burden as he ages - Wiggins makes that possible.

I actually really like how Cleveland looks with Lebron. Lebron needs to be thinking about carrying less burden as he ages - Wiggins makes that possible.

If you're Cleveland and you land Lebron, I feel like the first call I make is to Minnesota offering them Wiggins for Love.

If you're Cleveland and you land Lebron, I feel like the first call I make is to Minnesota offering them Wiggins for Love.
Really? See, I think Wiggins is the perfect compliment to Lebron. Wiggins isn't a ball hog, would learn to play top notch D, and is relatively inexpensive. Love's a better player, but I think you lose all of that value in the differences in their contract.

Plus, as I've voiced before... I don't trust Kevin Love. Wiggins has competed in as many playoff series as he has. He's got the 'Sota Stank on him. Have Wiggins become Lebron's apprentice and be your perimeter D ace, let Sideshow Bob board and bang, Irving and Waiters can score, and see what you get from Thompson and Bennett. Get that roster a shot blocker and you're good for years to come.

I respectfully disagree. I think with Love you are duplicating roles with LeBron and you just signed Kyrie to a huge contract.

Love is a bad defender. Kyrie is a bad defender. One of the issues in Miami is that LeBron now has to guard the best wing or point to stop any runs. If you have Wiggins, you have a great defender at the 1, 2 or 3 off the bat with the potential to become elite.

Kevin Love has gone from woefully underrated to overrated very quickly. While he is an all-star level player, you can't construct CLE's roster without defense. That is why Embiid would have gone first if healthy. They desperately need a rim protector.

If you have a big three of Love, Kyrie and Bron, you have two of the three big three that have basically not been able to bring their teams to a truly competitive level. Those same two guys are terrible at defense.

For the Cavs to get Lebron without a sign and trade the Cavs will have to move Dion Waiters and Tyler Zeller off their books to a team like Philly. I would take Love if I was Cleveland he is only 25 and he played with Lebron in 2012 in London.

I respectfully disagree. I think with Love you are duplicating roles with LeBron and you just signed Kyrie to a huge contract.

Love is a bad defender. Kyrie is a bad defender. One of the issues in Miami is that LeBron now has to guard the best wing or point to stop any runs. If you have Wiggins, you have a great defender at the 1, 2 or 3 off the bat with the potential to become elite.

Kevin Love has gone from woefully underrated to overrated very quickly. While he is an all-star level player, you can't construct CLE's roster without defense. That is why Embiid would have gone first if healthy. They desperately need a rim protector.

If you have a big three of Love, Kyrie and Bron, you have two of the three big three that have basically not been able to bring their teams to a truly competitive level. Those same two guys are terrible at defense.
Much better said than what I was trying to get at.

I was going to mention the defense thing; that's absolutely fair and part of the reason I'm not in love with a potential Love/Melo pairing.

I do think Love is one of the 8 or 10 best players in the league though, and maybe I'm being conservative there. If you could trade an unproven player who doesn't exactly look like an Anthony Davis or Lebron for him, I still think you have to do it.

Lebron wants to win now. Kevin Love played the 5 at the Olympics and was pretty damn good defensively. He isn't Kevin McHale defensively but he isn't atrocious either. Wiggins is 2 years away and if the Cavs get Lebron their will likely be an opt out of the contract so Clevrlsnd would need to win now. Love for Wiggins, Waiters, cap fillers would entice Lebron back to Cleveland.

I was going to mention the defense thing; that's absolutely fair and part of the reason I'm not in love with a potential Love/Melo pairing.

I do think Love is one of the 8 or 10 best players in the league though, and maybe I'm being conservative there. If you could trade an unproven player who doesn't exactly look like an Anthony Davis or Lebron for him, I still think you have to do it.

That is a great counterargument. Tough choice, definitely.