The end of the big three for the Heat!!!! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The end of the big three for the Heat!!!!

I would also say it's probably too early to start shopping Kyrie, right?

It would be tough to win with a Love/Lebron frontcourt. Obviously Lebron can play the 3, I just feel as he's getting older, he's going to trend more and more toward the 4 spot. That being said, the Miami offense was lethal with Bosh spreading the floor as the 5 man; Love would be an even better court spacer.

So leave the team/city/franchise that you just went to 4 straight finals with and won 2 to go back to the team that crapped all over you when you left? All of your anti-heat bias, aside, if you have two job offers, both providing the exact same salary, which do you pick. Offer A: South Beach. Offer B: Cleveland.

Hate to burst all your bubbles but he's not leaving Miami, neither is Bosh.

I would also say it's probably too early to start shopping Kyrie, right?

It would be tough to win with a Love/Lebron frontcourt. Obviously Lebron can play the 3, I just feel as he's getting older, he's going to trend more and more toward the 4 spot. That being said, the Miami offense was lethal with Bosh spreading the floor as the 5 man; Love would be an even better court spacer.
Love isn't going to Cleveland. He's a SoCal boy and he desperately wants to play for the Lakers. He will get himself there one way or another.

Love isn't going to Cleveland. He's a SoCal boy and he desperately wants to play for the Lakers. He will get himself there one way or another.

Could be true, but if he had a chance to play with Lebron anymore, I could see him taking it. The Lakers don't exactly look like world beaters right now.

You take Love over Wiggins every day. Perimeter defenders would line up to play with Lebron/Kyrie/Love and as others mentioned, Love could see minutes at the 5 against a lot of teams.

If Cleveland got Lebron, they should see if Charlotte would take Waiters or Bennett for Kidd-Gilchrist, or they could sign a guy like Aminu, find a guy like Corey Brewer, etc.

I'm not a huge Love fan, but other than Durant/Curry, he's the best floor-spacer for Lebron in the NBA. He's not going to be in the post, which allows Lebron to operate more down low since Kyrie can handle the ball.

Stephen A. Smith thinks Bosh will go Houston and Lebron, Wade, Carmelo will sign with Miami.

Probably a good decision for bosh, time to unhitch your wagon to lebron, and win something of your own.

Love is actually from Oregon and was only in SoCal for his one year at UCLA.

Briancuse said:
Probably a good decision for bosh, time to unhitch your wagon to lebron, and win something of your own.

With Dwight Howard and James Harden? Not really on his own.

With Dwight Howard and James Harden? Not really on his own.

Buts its not the same as playing alongside Lebron, Harden is a very good player, but not a superstar. As for Howard, people are down on him right now, it would be a good spot for bosh to break away and start his own identity.

For what it's worth, Chris Sheridan says that a very plugged in source is saying there's a 90% chance LeBron is returning to Cleveland and that he will be announcing it on lebronjames.com

For what it's worth, Chris Sheridan says that a very plugged in source is saying there's a 90% chance LeBron is returning to Cleveland and that he will be announcing it on lebronjames.com

What no ESPN special to raise money for the children?

All of your anti-heat bias, aside, if you have two job offers, both providing the exact same salary, which do you pick. Offer A: South Beach. Offer B: Cleveland..

Not quite as clear cut as you make it considering

He's from northeast ohio, and I'm not and...

He has a wife and kids to consider.

Finally, a "rumor" that makes sense. Let the Cavs fans take out their venom on this guy, not LBJ, if LeBron stays in Miami ... which, gut feeling, I think is gonna happen. Maybe he'll sign a 1-, 2-year contract. Wade's knees are still an issue, but maybe Riley has something' up his sleeve. http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/11/5890149/dan-gilbert-letter-lebron-james-cavs-rumors-cleveland

I learned a valuable lesson when I was 19, maybe 20 and was the sports editor of a college newspaper 15 miles from where LeBron grew up. I was livid after my mid-major college team lost a basketball game at the buzzer to a top 10 team and wrote a piece that ran in the paper the next morning that I deeply regretted. Wished then I could make it go away, was embarrassed and troubled by what I had written. I never again have made that mistake, in print, in a letter, in a post card, in an email. Dan Gilbert apparently never learned that lesson ... and he should've had the sense to reach out to LBJ after that letter and apologized and thanked him for making him even richer by coming outta high school and in a few years turning the worst team in the league with the lowest attendance in the league into a gold mine. Schmuck.

Finally, a "rumor" that makes sense. Let the Cavs fans take out their venom on this guy, not LBJ, if LeBron stays in Miami ... which, gut feeling, I think is gonna happen. Maybe he'll sign a 1-, 2-year contract. Wade's knees are still an issue, but maybe Riley has something' up his sleeve. http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/11/5890149/dan-gilbert-letter-lebron-james-cavs-rumors-cleveland

I learned a valuable lesson when I was 19, maybe 20 and was the sports editor of a college newspaper 15 miles from where LeBron grew up. I was livid after my mid-major college team lost a basketball game at the buzzer to a top 10 team and wrote a piece that ran in the paper the next morning that I deeply regretted. Wished then I could make it go away, was embarrassed and troubled by what I had written. I never again have made that mistake, in print, in a letter, in a post card, in an email. Dan Gilbert apparently never learned that lesson ... and he should've had the sense to reach out to LBJ after that letter and apologized and thanked him for making him even richer by coming outta high school and in a few years turning the worst team in the league with the lowest attendance in the league into a gold mine. Schmuck.
LOL...How about Lebron grows a pair and meets up with Dan Gilbert to hash it out instead of hiding behind his agent and then having this "rumor" leaked so Cleveland fans can hate Dan Gilbert (which they wont) and not hate Lebron.

This whole offseason is a joke. Bosh is just out there c***blocking so Melo and Lebron can't team up and it's a big game of chicken at this point.

LOL...How about Lebron grows a pair and meets up with Dan Gilbert to hash it out instead of hiding behind his agent and then having this "rumor" leaked so Cleveland fans can hate Dan Gilbert (which they wont) and not hate Lebron.

This whole offseason is a joke. Bosh is just out there c***blocking so Melo and Lebron can't team up and it's a big game of chicken at this point.
How do you know what LeBron's done or hasn't done? Even the most-veteran, deep "insiders" have been tweeting and reporting erroneous report after erroneous report (yesterday's biggie that led to people driving to LBJ's Ohio home in droves: he was going to make an announcement at 3:30...the Akron area code is 3:30 and LeBron has a "330" tat ... all my announcements, btw, come at 4:20).

And if anyone should want to hash things out and "grow a pair," it should be the older, "wiser" multi-billionaire (net worth: $3.9 billion) businessman who behaved like a spoiled little brat when LeBron made a career decision that he felt was better for him and his family (which, as it turns out, was a damn smart decision). Has Gilbert ever released a contrite statement following this major misstep? He's had four years to do so. http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/gilberts_letter_to_fans_james.html

No one's "c***blocking" (you seem fixated on male private parts) Carmelo ... save the conspiracy theories for Alex Jones.

Last edited:
Yeah, anyone who wants to put any blame on Lebron for the Gilbert thing is off-base, I think. If I'm Lebron I would have no interest in ever playing for him again.

What am I missing? If Lebron and Melo want to play in Miami, why doesn't Miami just sign the two of them?

How do you know what LeBron's done or hasn't done? Even the most-veteran, deep "insiders" have been tweeting and reporting erroneous report after erroneous report (yesterday's biggie that led to people driving to LBJ's Ohio home in droves: he was going to make an announcement at 3:30...the Akron area code is 3:30 and LeBron has a "330" tat ... all my announcements, btw, come at 4:20).

And if anyone should want to hash things out and "grow a pair," it should be the older, "wiser" multi-billionaire (net worth: $3.9 billion) businessman who behaved like a spoiled little brat when LeBron made a career decision that he felt was better for him and his family (which, as it turns out, was a damn smart decision). Has Gilbert ever released a contrite statement following this major misstep? He's had four years to do so. http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/gilberts_letter_to_fans_james.html

No one's "c***blocking" (you seem fixated on male private parts) Carmelo ... save the conspiracy theories for Alex Jones.
From reports, Gilbert has tried to reach out. Then again, every report seems to be wrong so who knows. You seem to be putting faith in this new rumor of Lebron still being upset about how Gilbert acted, so if we presume that to be true, i'm saying it's pretty childish and he should be a man about it and meet Gilbery face to face instead of hiding behind his agent and having what we must assume to be his "people" leaking this report that he's still upset about this.

Yeah, anyone who wants to put any blame on Lebron for the Gilbert thing is off-base, I think. If I'm Lebron I would have no interest in ever playing for him again.

What am I missing? If Lebron and Melo want to play in Miami, why doesn't Miami just sign the two of them?
Riley (and I respect him for this) is all about respect and loyalty. No way he just pushes Bosh out the door to sign Melo but if Bosh just so happens to take that Rockets contract then Melo comes into play with Lebron coming back wink wink.

Riley (and I respect him for this) is all about respect and loyalty. No way he just pushes Bosh out the door to sign Melo but if Bosh just so happens to take that Rockets contract then Melo comes into play with Lebron coming back wink wink.

Cockblocking seems to be a pretty strong term. He obviously wants to play with Lebron. Which is (probably) exactly what Melo wants. Which apparently makes Bosh the bad guy?

longislandcuse said:
Wow, i think its real!!! Good for Lebron!!!!

Seems real. Usatoday just broke it too.