The end of the big three for the Heat!!!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The end of the big three for the Heat!!!!

Disagree. Lebron is clearly the best player in the history of their franchise. If Lebron told them not to resign Wade, then they wouldn't. Lebron has basically said, if I don't have Wade, I'm out, so that's why they are paying Wade. No other reason than that.
Wade has more rings than Lebron. Wade recruited Lebron and Bosh to Miami. Wade is considered as a GOD down there in Miami. by the fans and the organization. Is he a great player anymore, no but he is the face of that franchise and the one who has made this all possible. If Lebron told them not to re-sign Wade they would tell Lebron to take a hike. You have no idea what your talking about.

Stern said:
Wade has more rings than Lebron. Wade recruited Lebron and Bosh to Miami. Wade is considered as a GOD down there in Miami. by the fans and the organization. Is he a great player anymore, no but he is the face of that franchise and the one who has made this all possible. If Lebron told them not to re-sign Wade they would tell Lebron to take a hike. You have no idea what your talking about.

Down in South Florida it honestly could be debatable. Lebron is loved more than Wade at this point.

Down in South Florida it honestly could be debatable. Lebron is loved more than Wade at this point.
That's the thing...it isn't debatable though. Wade is on a Marino type level down there. No matter how old he gets, no matter how bad his play slips he is forever #1 in their hearts. Lebron is just a great player the Heat signed as a free agent. Wade IS Miami Heat Basketball

Wade needed to opt out for them to stay together. He won't come close to those numbers he was supposed to be paid due to past injuries and will sign for close to 10 million less a year now.

If true, They're idiots.

Stern said:
That's the thing...it isn't debatable though. Wade is on a Marino type level down there. No matter how old he gets, no matter how bad his play slips he is forever #1 in their hearts. Lebron is just a great player the Heat signed as a free agent. Wade IS Miami Heat Basketball

Wasn't like what you described when I lived down there. It was Lebronmania.

Disagree. Lebron is clearly the best player in the history of their franchise. If Lebron told them not to resign Wade, then they wouldn't. Lebron has basically said, if I don't have Wade, I'm out, so that's why they are paying Wade. No other reason than that.

Wade doesn't opt out unless he has the guarantee of Arison/Riley on what he's re-upping for. There's just no way he's turning down $42 million otherwise.

If there is one player in the league who deserves it, it would be him.

Yeah, I wonder if he really ends up signing for it, but the guy is a bargain at literally any price they could pay him.

I live down here, I've been a fan since the 90's. This is a false statement. After the whole maintenance program and his massive deterioration in the finals, he isn't viewed the same way he was just 3 months ago. I listen to Lebatard every day and the general consensus is he is still loved, yes, but if the general fanbase has to pick between Wade and Lebron its a no-brainer. The harder side of things is the Heat preach they are a solid organization and they can't run Wade off, so he will be back. I think this "Lebron wants max $" speal that is going on right now is for all teams not named Miami. Lebron knows he needs to sacrifice a bit if he wants to get that 4th player for the next 4 years.

Yeah and Lebron hasn't scheduled a meeting with any other teams. Carmelo has 4 meetings lined up. Tells you where their heads are at. The Heat are staying, all of them and taking less money, and will add a couple free agents with the extra money.

All this move means is that every other free agent will now get overpaid because every other team with cap space to burn will overpay for marginal players because they have to get somebody

I don't think it's fully decided yet. I think they still have some work to do to figure it out. That's why Bosh hasn't officially opted out yet.

If this is what he wants, I can't see him being back in Miami with both Wade and Bosh. IMO Bosh is the guy that goes.

Wade was exposed as a shell of his former self in the playoffs. Bosh is the better player now. Wade is in Kobe land, but at least he doesn't have as big an ego.

If this is what he wants, I can't see him being back in Miami with both Wade and Bosh. IMO Bosh is the guy that goes.

This is where the tension will come from. Lebron will say, "I have taken less for years to make this team a champion. I am now the best player on the team. You guys are along for the ride. Now let's reshuffle this money and see if there's enough to go around."

What I learned today: LeBron has never been the highest-paid player on his team in his 11-year career. That's incredible.
But those endorsement dollars must surely help him sleep soundly at night. ;)

I don't think it's fully decided yet. I think they still have some work to do to figure it out. That's why Bosh hasn't officially opted out yet.
Bosh opted out the other day

Bosh isn't worth the money either imo. I would not pay that much for a guy of his size who has turned into a jump shooter.

Bosh isn't worth the money either imo. I would not pay that much for a guy of his size who has turned into a jump shooter.

The question teams would have to ask is how much of that is based on the system Miami plays.

But those endorsement dollars must surely help him sleep soundly at night. ;)
No doubt. He's a wise young man. He knows how good he has it. He has plenty of chedda -- picked up a quick $30 mill when Apple bought Beats recently -- what's a few mill on a contract here and there.

hmmm... I was just down in South Beach and it was ALL LeBron ALL THE TIME. Barely a mention of Wade on the sports talk, 90% of the branding (posters in the airport and around town, in the Grove, etc) is LeBron, all the kids wearing LeBron jerseys, didn't see much Wade love.

LeBron can still get max money while returning to Miami with the Big 3. It would limit what else they can do, but they could still bring in another guy like Pau Gasol or something potentially.

Regarding Bosh, he doesn't post up as much as he used to, but his sample size is still large enough to qualify for Synergy's rankings... Bosh remains one of the best low-post scorers in the NBA. In terms of points per possession, he's in the top 35 in the entire league (regardless of position) in overall scoring, isolation scoring, post scoring, pick-and-roll scoring (as the roll man), and coming off of screens. He's also 79th in the NBA in spot up shooting. He's an average defender, but also defends the pick-and-roll extremely well because of his combination of length and quickness for a big man. At the end of the day, Bosh is probably one of the top 3 scorers in the NBA for a big man and is an average defender. He's absolutely worth a big contract, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he could get a max contract if he actually tested free agency.