The Exodus from Pitt begins... | Syracusefan.com

The Exodus from Pitt begins...

Good for them. Hope they land someplace where they can be successful, as long as it’s not against us.

Good for them. Hope they land someplace where they can be successful, as long as it’s not against us.

Does this eliminate them from transferring to an ACC school?

Jeez ... that kind of devastation is just ... oof. But I don't know of anyone who thought that Stallings was a good hire.

If they pull a rabbit out of their hat and hire a solid coach I expect most of those kids to stay.

I’m not holding my breath since the same AD and search firm are picking the new coach.

Hell hath no fury like a Jamie Dixon scorned.

His departure has rocked their program to the point I no longer dislike him for beating the pants off SU.

In addition to talented freshman Parker Stewart, seven other Pittsburgh players have asked for -- and are expected to receive -- their release on Friday to explore transfer options, multiple sources close to the basketball program told ESPN.

Sources told ESPN that senior Ryan Luther, sophomore Kene Chukwuka and four more freshmen -- Marcus Carr, Khameron Davis, Terrell Brown and Shamiel Stevenson -- asked for permission to contact other schools on Friday afternoon. Luther will have to apply for and is expected to receive another year of eligibility.

If they pull a rabbit out of their hat and hire a solid coach I expect most of those kids to stay.

I’m not holding my breath since the same AD and search firm are picking the new coach.

Hell hath no fury like a Jamie Dixon scorned.

His departure has rocked their program to the point I no longer dislike him for beating the pants off SU.
I thought that AD went to Oregon State. Ur job as a ad is to pick solid coaches so why spend money on a firm. Wth

I thought that AD went to Oregon State. Ur job as a ad is to pick solid coaches so why spend money on a firm. Wth

I understand your comment re: search firms but that’s the way multi-million dollar positions usually get filled.

They’re not picking resumes off LinkedIn. It gives the institution cover for making sure the process was above board and followed all EOE requirements.

I would expect some to transfer and a couple to stay after they hire a new coach.

Stewart told ESPN his primary reason for leaving was the firing of Kevin Stallings.

"We had a tough year, but most of the team was freshmen and we felt like we'd have a chance to improve next year," Stewart told ESPN. "We liked Coach Stallings. He was a great guy as a person and he treated us well."

A couple months back I joked to someone that Virginia is my least favorite ACC team now that Pitt doesn't have a team anymore, I guess now it is literally true

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom