The Falcon and the Winter Soldier | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Not sure either, but I'm looking forward to seeing where they take it.

MCU does a great job taking core concepts from comic plots, modernizing them, and coming up with great plots that have twists and turns that don't necessarily adhere only to the story from the books.
Yeah, like...

He should be in trouble with the military. You don't just kill a dude in public in a country where you're not under a declaration of war.

But he should also be in trouble with the military because he's not going to be able to hide that he took the last of the serum.

So then what?

BTW I've been watching Invincible on Amazon Prime too. I'm not super familiar with the comics so I have no idea how faithful it is, but it's been fun. Also has some jarring gore, which is odd for animation.

Well the episode was very good and definitely enjoyable, and it just sets up for a better finale. Which should be incredible with all these different characters coming to a head.

That surprise cameo wasn’t as big a name I expected but the character itself is interesting and what it sets up for the future is awesome.

Episode 6 could see some big reveals with Walker, Carter, Bradley and his grandson, and the the others.

I’m ready for it.

Really liked today's episode, can't wait for next week. Sad the series is already almost over, I think they could've done 8 episodes without hurting the story

Waiting to see how the last episode pans out, but I've been really disappointed in FATWS. It's decent,.but just not hooked into the story. The "bad guys" are not that compelling with murky motivations. It looks pretty,.good stunts, etc. But overall I think WandaVision was much better.

Waiting to see how the last episode pans out, but I've been really disappointed in FATWS. It's decent,.but just not hooked into the story. The "bad guys" are not that compelling with murky motivations. It looks pretty,.good stunts, etc. But overall I think WandaVision was much better.
Really? I think they've both been strong, but for different reasons. WandaVision was so unique and entertaining and was a great slow burn. FATWS is really deep and is not shying away from tackling modern racism in its fictional world. I'm actually really impressed and surprised that Disney/Marvel are going there.

I thought wanda vision was 3-4 show gimic that should have been one show and wrapped up well in the end. Falcon has actually been a show from the start. much better acting/action/story

Well, it’s over...for now.

I guess season two is already being talked about.

Strong finale, though missed a few things in the finale.

No mention of Steve Rogers, people have thought many be put back on ice or went back into his old timeline?

No Patriot tease with Eli Bradley, even with the tease in a trailer.

Sharon Carter...Going with skrull. Otherwise strange rewrite.

Val and US Agent...thunderbolts or dark avengers take your pick, Zemo right where he wants to be to recruit and realllllllyyyyy bummed we didn’t at least see other names in the raft.

The man the blew up the transport? Going with Zemos father.

And no tease with Danny as the new falcon? Even though he got the nod at the end speech was hopping to see something laying around, maybe I missed something.

Saw this yesterday:
Hard to argue a lot of it, he isn’t a super soldier...the fights against Bucky, spidey, and flag smashers are all superpowers people.
Now spidey and Flag Smashers aren’t/weren’t established fighters but still super powered.

Antman was a fight that both were up against unknown opponents. Scott with “powers” helped give him an advantage.

And Rumlow is an interesting one. As the lost equal I think, Rumlow had shield training and almost like an assassin, and fighting to kill, I can’t remember if sam was fighting to kill so it’s a hard go against all this.

Steve, T’Challa, Killmonger, even Bucky all had training and exp and time to develop skills like that. So...

Hard to argue a lot of it, he isn’t a super soldier...the fights against Bucky, spidey, and flag smashers are all superpowers people.
Now spidey and Flag Smashers aren’t/weren’t established fighters but still super powered.

Antman was a fight that both were up against unknown opponents. Scott with “powers” helped give him an advantage.

And Rumlow is an interesting one. As the lost equal I think, Rumlow had shield training and almost like an assassin, and fighting to kill, I can’t remember if sam was fighting to kill so it’s a hard go against all this.

Steve, T’Challa, Killmonger, even Bucky all had training and exp and time to develop skills like that. So...

I'm not disputing anything in the article or your points.
I just thought it was cold. It was like Steve Rogers lapping Sam at the Mall X1000.

Finished the ep earlier today

I was a little let down by the finale, thought some of the dialogue was not written that well. But I enjoyed the series overall. I like Sam as Cap and his suit is freaking awesome

Great ending for a show that felt listless at many times.
I wouldn’t object to a season 2 but I’d be ok with seeing them in something else instead.

I didn't see this semi-redemption arc for Walker coming. I figured he was beelining towards a fight with Sam.

Final episode wasn't what I expected, but it was reasonably satisfying. Still a pretty good show.

I figured they’d introduce Walker as US Agent in the finale...I wonder where they’re gonna go with him from here.

I'm only 3 episodes into WandaVision so far but I think the writing blows FATWS out of the water so far. It sounds like FATWS' plot had to be rewritten when the pandemic happened and you can definitely tell; it was just all over the place and there was a lot of sloppy editing in there.

Still a fun watch, but it was fun more from a "I like casual action flicks" POV than a "this is great TV" POV.

I'm only 3 episodes into WandaVision so far but I think the writing blows FATWS out of the water so far. It sounds like FATWS' plot had to be rewritten when the pandemic happened and you can definitely tell; it was just all over the place and there was a lot of sloppy editing in there.

Still a fun watch, but it was fun more from a "I like casual action flicks" POV than a "this is great TV" POV.

I liked FATWS.

But WandaVision is on another level.

Thought I’d post this here for everyone interested. Courtesy of CNET, every upcoming MCU film and series. Pretty excited by this list.

83AD3BE8-FBDC-46ED-B906-0FF1423029FB.jpeg

FF6DE86C-2C19-456E-A3AD-3908F70BD848.jpeg

They're knocking it out of the park. Comparatively, DC is striking out with every at bat.
Wonder Woman was great. Shazam was good. Aquaman was entertaining. Harley Quinn was fun.

But yeah, on the whole the movies are meh.

The Arrowverse has had a great run. My wife and I ran out of steam on it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom