The Falcon and the Winter Soldier | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Wonder Woman was great. Shazam was good. Aquaman was entertaining. Harley Quinn was fun.

But yeah, on the whole the movies are meh.

The Arrowverse has had a great run. My wife and I ran out of steam on it though.
I see it differently. Some of those movies were okay, but they get elevated only because they didn't suck like the rest of the DC movies. So you're not quite as disappointed.

Wonder woman and Aquaman were a'ight.

Last edited:
I said differently. Some of those movies were okay, but they get elevated only because they didn't suck like the rest of the DC movies. So you're not quite as disappointed.

Wonder woman and Aquaman were a'ight.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending DC.

The Snyder Cut topped them all though.

Loki has the strongest opening ep of the Disney+ series so far
I watched the first ep during lunch, and it exceeded expectations. Great plot, great new characters, and endless potential. I was avoiding reading up on this series to avoid spoliers, etc. I may even rewatch the first ep.

I watched the first ep during lunch, and it exceeded expectations. Great plot, great new characters, and endless potential. I was avoiding reading up on this series to avoid spoliers, etc. I may even rewatch the first ep.

Yeah I'll prolly watch just to see if there was anything I might have missed

I chuckled at the revelation of the Infinity Stones in that one TVA agent's desk. Thought it was a pretty clever way to close that storyline and how what's to come is even more bonkers.

Loki has the strongest opening ep of the Disney+ series so far

Hmmm... watched it last night, and it didn't grab me at all.

Very surprising, because I typically enjoy Marvel stuff. Just didn't find it especially compelling -- hope it picks up.

Watched the second episode over the weekend. First half plodded a bit, but really picked up in the second half. My curiosity is definitely piqued now.

Watched the second episode over the weekend. First half plodded a bit, but really picked up in the second half. My curiosity is definitely piqued now.
Yeah, I'm not as into this one for whatever reason yet. But I like slow burn stuff so I'm confident it will pay off.

I'm finding Loki to be pretty boring and I think I know why.

There aren't enough characters. WandaVision and FWS each had a pair of characters, and a bunch of side characters that made things interesting.

Loki has, uh, Loki, and maybe some different Lokis sort of, and Owen Wilson a little bit, and... that's the whole thing.

I'm going to finish the series because why not, but it just feels like a dud to me so far.

I'm finding Loki to be pretty boring and I think I know why.

There aren't enough characters. WandaVision and FWS each had a pair of characters, and a bunch of side characters that made things interesting.

Loki has, uh, Loki, and maybe some different Lokis sort of, and Owen Wilson a little bit, and... that's the whole thing.

I'm going to finish the series because why not, but it just feels like a dud to me so far.
Tom Hiddleston had seen the first five episodes after they came through production. He said episodes 4 and 5 were his favorite ones. Let’s hope he’s right and the series picks up a little the next few weeks.

Personally, as long as Owen Wilson says “Wow” at least once this series, I’ll be happy.

Tom Hiddleston had seen the first five episodes after they came through production. He said episodes 4 and 5 were his favorite ones. Let’s hope he’s right and the series picks up a little the next few weeks.

Personally, as long as Owen Wilson says “Wow” at least once this series, I’ll be happy.
I got some bad news for you...

I got some bad news for you...

15F005CD-D057-496E-95B4-7983D3B60E30.jpeg

I think Loki has the best writing and plot exposition of the Disney shows so far. The lack of characters is def a downside of the show, which is why I think they had Ep3 spend time fleshing out Lady Loki.

It's kinda the opposite of FATWS, which I thought had great characters both new and old, but didn't deliver in terms of storyline and writing.

I think Loki has the best writing and plot exposition of the Disney shows so far. The lack of characters is def a downside of the show, which is why I think they had Ep3 spend time fleshing out Lady Loki.

It's kinda the opposite of FATWS, which I thought had great characters both new and old, but didn't deliver in terms of storyline and writing.
I don't know, I'm just bored by it. I don't have a reason to care about Lady Loki. I don't even really care what Loki's doing. The stakes don't make sense. I think the show's pretty rough. I'm really hoping it turns around.

FWS was way more compelling to me because people were dealing with stuff. Loki, it's like they're just there.

The first two episodes of WW were super boring, and it ended up great. I agree the plot and story line of Loki has the greatest potential but has been meh the second and third episodes. I am hoping and expecting a turnaround

I don't know, I'm just bored by it. I don't have a reason to care about Lady Loki. I don't even really care what Loki's doing. The stakes don't make sense. I think the show's pretty rough. I'm really hoping it turns around.

FWS was way more compelling to me because people were dealing with stuff. Loki, it's like they're just there.

I think they're setting up for the Lokis to overthrow the TVA and let the multiverse collapse, which will have big ramifications for the rest of the phase including Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, and prolly Thor films. To me that's interesting since it's the first time we've gotten an idea at the overarching plotline for these films/shows.

I think they're setting up for the Lokis to overthrow the TVA and let the multiverse collapse, which will have big ramifications for the rest of the phase including Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, and prolly Thor films. To me that's interesting since it's the first time we've gotten an idea at the overarching plotline for these films/shows.
I could see that.

Finally watched the Falcon and WS. I thought it was really good.

Haven't started Loki. I had my doubts it would be "great" so not rushing to catch it.

I thought Falcon was a well done show..

I thought Wanda was a 10 min thing turned into most of the season and a decent last 2 episodes after a way to long drawn out 3-4 episodes of goofy TV comedy effects.

Loki is pretty fun.. not really sure when the end game is and really dont want to think about it. Some pretty witty lines, decent effects for a TV show and as usual trying to follow time travelish stuff hurts my head so I dont over thing it most of the time.

I just hate anything with time travel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom