The fans are starting to turn | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

The fans are starting to turn

All these threads remind of the guys meeting at the Barber shop in Hoosiers! Lol
Eddie Murphy Lol GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Because of the way that he has handled the lacrosse and football coaching staffs.
Hiring Gary for lax HC is basically the same as hiring Gerry as HC for hoops.

Dino has been permitted to do a double house cleaning despite pedestrian results.

Wildhack is extremely loyal to those in the Orange family. And there is no one he respects more than JB. Having the AD bleed orange is a double edged sword.

Dino has been permitted to do a double house cleaning despite pedestrian results.

Wildhack is extremely loyal to those in the Orange family. And there is no one he respects more than JB. Having the AD bleed orange is a double edged sword.
Hiring Carmelo would be more like hiring GG, but still not equal. Hiring Carmelo and Lebron would be like hiring GG and Petro. With regard to football, it remains to be seen if it works, but JW just upped the anti for Syracuse football. He took charge of the staff. A brilliant move and great hiring. I expect the same when it’s time in basketball. Of course he respects JB, but JW is the AD. He has the chance to get all three major sports straightened out in a matter of a few years and his legacy would be as the savior of Syracuse athletics. JB is losing more and more of his bargaining power every year he hangs on.

Hiring Carmelo would be more like hiring GG, but still not equal. Hiring Carmelo and Lebron would be like hiring GG and Petro. With regard to football, it remains to be seen if it works, but JW just upped the anti for Syracuse football. He took charge of the staff. A brilliant move and great hiring. I expect the same when it’s time in basketball. Of course he respects JB, but JW is the AD. He has the chance to get all three major sports straightened out in a matter of a few years and his legacy would be as the savior of Syracuse athletics. JB is losing more and more of his bargaining power every year he hangs on.
All good. From my understanding from people within the AD I’ll be stunned if Wildhack hires outside the family to replace JB. Or if he puts any pressure on JB to retire. Happy to be wrong.

There's a difference. GG was a successfull HC for the women's team prior to taking over the men and had been involved in lacrosse in a variety of ways post playing career. We don't have any in house candidates that fit that description for basketball. I'm not saying that won't be the route he goes, just that we can't cite what he did on the lacrosse side as evidence.

Last edited:

If Gerry can recruit like Gary Gait sign me up today.

I agree. Jim can still coach, but the roster is a disaster. With today’s shooters the zone is now obsolete. It can be picked apart by just about anyone including Ivy League teams. For some reason our recruiting has forgot what big time athletes look like. We are the only team in the ACC without at least one bruiser on the floor. We are so soft and non aggressive it’s embarrassing. For some reason, JB doesn’t see it or he thinks he can coach anyone up to win. The ACC has proven him wrong.
We no longer land our first and second choice recruits. We get ACC leftovers. As a member of the ACC we are not going to out recruit the established big dogs. As long as we stay in the ACC I fear that, absent a miracle, our joy ride is over. The ACC is a southern basketball conference. Sadly, Nova, Georgetown and UConn will be more successful than Pitt, BC and us.

I mean he basically said in the presser that Buddy and Jimmy were the only guys doing anything. I mean I don’t think he has ever noted a hole in Buddy’s game
My posts get deleted anytime i say that JB has never knocked his kids

We no longer land our first and second choice recruits. We get ACC leftovers. As a member of the ACC we are not going to out recruit the established big dogs. As long as we stay in the ACC I fear that, absent a miracle, our joy ride is over. The ACC is a southern basketball conference. Sadly, Nova, Georgetown and UConn will be more successful than Pitt, BC and us.
And the SEC is a southern football conference. If Alabama, LSU, and Tennessee can be top 25 teams, there's no reason we can't be.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing what some staff shakeups might do before I throw up my hands and say this is never going to work.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing what some staff shakeups might do before I throw up my hands and say this is never going to work.
Personally, I don’t think it matters as long as JB is here. We had the same record the last 3 years Hop was on the bench and he was our best recruiter. I have a pretty strong opinion that most of our issues start and stop with the HC and I don’t think the assistants can be judged based on his performance.

Personally, I don’t think it matters as long as JB is here. We had the same record the last 3 years Hop was on the bench and he was our best recruiter. I have a pretty strong opinion that most of our issues start and stop with the HC and I don’t think the assistants can be judged based on his performance.
I agree. I was including JB as a member of the staff, although I didn't make that clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom