The fans are starting to turn | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

The fans are starting to turn

I've become accustomed to meh and will watch back and forth with other things as Chip said.

I'm not pleased with how things have gone, especially the last two or three years. I understand some of the reasons. I'm also not pleased with how coach has recruited or built his roster.

I think roster talent wise we are in the post Thomas, Hart, Blackwell years as a program, maybe worse. We used to roll
Thing is the post Thomas, Hart and Blackwell years were really only 2 seasons since 2002 featured the Edelin, Hakim, Pace and Forth (and Konecny) class followed by Melo and Gerry (and Gorman). The title came only 3 seasons after Thomas, Hart and Blackwell left. After that, we were off and rolling with recruiting for obvious reasons coming off a title with Melo.
Right. And the team with Griff, Deshaun, Shumpert, Duany, and Damone would probably beat this team 7-8 out of 10 times. Only advantage this team has is at center.

LOL. I never used advanced stats until you and others used them as the end all. I’m only following your narrative. Last year they weee golden, now they’re not? LOL. You have it backwards.

Lol. Serious?

Serious?

If you’re good with advanced stats then I’m super excited for you to state that Jesse is the best player on this Boeheim and friends team.

Please proceed, governor.

Lol. Serious?

Serious?

If you’re good with advanced stats then I’m super excited for you to state that Jesse is the best player on this Boeheim and friends team.

Please proceed, governor.

I’ve pointed that out a few times. But thanks anyways.

I’ve pointed that out a few times. But thanks anyways.

Ya. Everyone that crapped on me last year when things were apparent based on advanced stats. So I’m v excited to you to cape for Jesse the rest of the year. All good.

It’s clear as day Jesse has been MVP. But please go ahead.

Do you or do you not thing the Boeheims getting the majority of the shots is good or not?

I've become accustomed to meh and will watch back and forth with other things as Chip said.

I'm not pleased with how things have gone, especially the last two or three years. I understand some of the reasons. I'm also not pleased with how coach has recruited or built his roster.

I think roster talent wise we are in the post Thomas, Hart, Blackwell years as a program, maybe worse. We used to roll out some of the most athletic teams in the country. Now we are one of the least athletic teams year after year.

Not sure we have the best bench staff we should have either, from a recruiting, game plan, development stance.
Agree, very obvious to me the talent is not there. Will always have some under the radar recruits do better than projected, but we have a bunch of typical bench players starting and hoping we can make the system work with them -- it's not.

Ya. Everyone that crapped on me last year when things were apparent based on advanced stats. So I’m v excited to you to cape for Jesse the rest of the year. All good.

It’s clear as day Jesse has been MVP. But please go ahead.

Do you or do you not thing the Boeheims getting the majority of the shots is good or not?

Huh?

All I know is, people who believe that the best way to remediate the decline in program performance is to hire one of the incredibly poorly qualified assistant coaches we already have in house need their head examined.

Which thankfully is becoming readily more obvious as Time continues to pass.

Was at the game last night and heard the boos. It was sort of a building frustration after several bad offensive possessions capped off by one of those sorta wild one handed ten foot floaters from Jimmy that nearly broke the backboard.

Like it or not, but if you load up the team with your kids, and the team appears to be headed for perhaps the worst of your tenure, you’re going to hear it. I fear it’s only the beginning.

Was at the game last night and heard the boos. It was sort of a building frustration after several bad offensive possessions capped off by one of those sorta wild one handed ten foot floaters from Jimmy that nearly broke the backboard.

Like it or not, but if you load up the team with your kids, and the team appears to be headed for perhaps the worst of your tenure, you’re going to hear it. I fear it’s only the beginning.

Your 100% correct, It's going to get a lot worse especially when people start calling into his call in show and asking about Jimmy's PT and why he and Joe have to play 35+ min a game.

Your 100% correct, It's going to get a lot worse especially when people start calling into his call in show and asking about Jimmy's PT and why he and Joe have to play 35+ min a game.

Think Nicholson at the end of a few good men...

All I know is, people who believe that the best way to remediate the decline in program performance is to hire one of the incredibly poorly qualified assistant coaches we already have in house need their head examined.

Which thankfully is becoming readily more obvious as Time continues to pass.
The question should shift now to does JB retire on his own volition or does the AD actually initiate it?

Hiring internal now just continues the status quo but with a gamble on the assistant being as good as JB in game which is doubtful.

The question should shift now to does JB retire on his own volition or does the AD actually initiate it?

Hiring internal now just continues the status quo but with a gamble on the assistant being as good as JB in game which is doubtful.

I will be shocked if Boeheim stops coaching on his own accord.

Id like to see Symir starting. We need a pg that can penatrate vs dribbling away 10 seconds each possession before handing the ball to buddy. We have zero movement with Joe because he isnt a threat to drive. Its SO obvious and its why we have gone to playing ISO ball again.

Id like to see Symir starting. We need a pg that can penatrate vs dribbling away 10 seconds each possession before handing the ball to buddy. We have zero movement with Joe because he isnt a threat to drive. Its SO obvious and its why we have gone to playing ISO ball again.
I’d at least like to see him stay in when he and team are playing well, or come in when joe or team are playing poorly

Here is how bad it is for me...i don’t know when next game is or who we are playing. And I had season tix for 30 years. It’s been getting worse every year over the past several.
1/5 against Miami. Honestly the covid postponements is the main reason I lost track of this season, but the level of play doesn’t help either.

you cannot play a zone with the way kids shoot today,they practice threes in the 5th grade ...thats why very few teams do and only use it occassionally

I agree with you but there is no turning back with this team as constructed. Could you imagine the bloodbath if we played man to man with this roster? Teams would Harlem Globetrotter us every night.

That 2001 team overachieved and was actually one of Boeheim’s better coaching jobs. They lost a lot from the previous season and still were ranked in the top 10 at one point during the season, won a good Great Alaska Shootout and achieved a 5 seed in the NCAA tournament.
That's the biggest tell of where the program has fallen. A down year used to end in a 5-8 seed. An 8 seed is now the ceiling.

Last edited:
seriously Buddy on the bench???? agree Symir should play more especially when Joe is off like last night and has a quick guard hawking him
not totally, just less minutes,and some rest, fresh legs--girard should not start and neither should swidor--su needs some speed on the perimeter, and playmakers in the game. there are some options and lineups that could be attempted. to do nothing is ridiculous.
should frank and jesse be in the game at times together? maybe. open the inside up for the outside --maybe--- should jimmy be there as well ? maybe.
my point is benny and symir need more minutes and symir in particular makes things happen.

you cannot play a zone with the way kids shoot today,they practice threes in the 5th grade ...thats why very few teams do and only use it occassionally
Well well -- umm - but - this is the SYRACUSE ZONE BRO - like its amazing no matter what. Who cares if every kid who now plays NCAA bball grew up watching an era of amazing 3 point shooters so they've been chucking 3s since birth to replicate them and now big men are better shooters then our current "shooters" . WHo cares! WE DO NOT ADJUST! WE ARE CUSE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom