The fans are starting to turn | Syracusefan.com

The fans are starting to turn

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
Early booing was noticeable last night. Also in my section at least, the tone of the fans seems different. I think the mood is shifting away from JB faster than people realize. The attitude of JB gets to call his shot is eroding with our fan base.

it has been eroded for sometime. the program has suffered. he is out of touch at this point. benny and symir need to be starting with cole and buddy off the bench. the defense is horrific. imho we have nothing to lose

Early booing was noticeable last night. Also in my section at least, the tone of the fans seems different. I think the mood is shifting away from JB faster than people realize. The attitude of JB gets to call his shot is eroding with our fan base.
It’s arguable that JB called his shot by having both of his sons in the floor.

IMO, he built the program and earned the right to do as he sees fit. However, it’s also safe to say the results have been less than optimal. Will be interesting to see if there are repercussions.

Last edited:
We are all just a bunch of disloyal jerks because we want change and it’s not going to get better.
We are just spoiled. We expect winning basketball from Jim Boeheim. That’s what we have always gotten.
It’s like eating at fancy restaurants every night and then all the sudden your dad says tonight we dine on bologna sandwiches. It sucks.
We just want our steaks and seafood back.

We are just spoiled. We expect winning basketball from Jim Boeheim. That’s what we have always gotten.
It’s like eating at fancy restaurants every night and then all the sudden your dad says tonight we dine on bologna sandwiches. It sucks.

These last few seasons have tasted like stale leftovers.

Not for nothing but I'd imagine given the smaller than normal crowd, I'd guess the crowd skewed toward more hardcore fans. I bet more casual fans would be less likely to boo.

I am okay with not being elite every year.
I just sick of the arrogance the HC spews to the fanbase. A good portion of it will listen to whatever he says as gospel.
When the HC is smart and knows how to shut down criticism and knows exactly what to say.

This HC doesn’t do what Doc Rivers or Coach K type of coaches do which is leak like crazy and get the media on your side.

It’s been mediocrity for 8 regular seasons in a row. The Final Four is special and was great.
Sweet 16s as double digit seeds just show we are a plucky team capable of winning 2 games but not be competitve for a NC.

The roster management has been very poor. The in-game coaching has been good.
The roster management counts though.

But once in a while, the last two bites of the bologna sandwich tasted like steak-um.

Do the fans here really turn on the coach? Or do they just turn the channel.

For me it was the latter. He's the coach until he doesn't want to be anymore. I've accepted that. So I watched some of the game, some of the Rose Bowl, some of Cobra Kai season 4. Our games just don't hold my interest, and I don't even get upset when we lose.

I've become accustomed to meh and will watch back and forth with other things as Chip said.

I'm not pleased with how things have gone, especially the last two or three years. I understand some of the reasons. I'm also not pleased with how coach has recruited or built his roster.

I think roster talent wise we are in the post Thomas, Hart, Blackwell years as a program, maybe worse. We used to roll out some of the most athletic teams in the country. Now we are one of the least athletic teams year after year.

Not sure we have the best bench staff we should have either, from a recruiting, game plan, development stance.

I am okay with not being elite every year.
I just sick of the arrogance the HC spews to the fanbase. A good portion of it will listen to whatever he says as gospel.
When the HC is smart and knows how to shut down criticism and knows exactly what to say.

This HC doesn’t do what Doc Rivers or Coach K type of coaches do which is leak like crazy and get the media on your side.

It’s been mediocrity for 8 regular seasons in a row. The Final Four is special and was great.
Sweet 16s as double digit seeds just show we are a plucky team capable of winning 2 games but not be competitve for a NC.

The roster management has been very poor. The in-game coaching has been good.
The roster management counts though.
I agree. Jim can still coach, but the roster is a disaster. With today’s shooters the zone is now obsolete. It can be picked apart by just about anyone including Ivy League teams. For some reason our recruiting has forgot what big time athletes look like. We are the only team in the ACC without at least one bruiser on the floor. We are so soft and non aggressive it’s embarrassing. For some reason, JB doesn’t see it or he thinks he can coach anyone up to win. The ACC has proven him wrong.

If you watch the games closely on defense our defense is decent especially inside when our center stays home. When the center sprints to the wing we never have the weak side forward correctly positioned and so we give up easy points (or rebounds and points) every time the center sprints out. Why they forwards are hedging so high I cannot comprehend.

And our ball “screen” offense is a complete joke.

It’s probably time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom