The Frank Howard Thunder Dome | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The Frank Howard Thunder Dome

Frank brought the thunder tonite. Outside of the bonehead foul on the McMahon 3 from 25 feet, he played a great game. His jumper was on and he made a ton of big shots. Biggest one was his 3 when we were up 5 out of a timeout. His shot is so much better.

He had a great game! Actually he fouled two three point shooters, but who's counting

Actually, since I also can’t corroborate all the Frank rumors and chemistry problems; I am simply going by what I see and do not have any agenda against him. He struggles to get by a LOT of defenders. Yes, teams are packing it in making it tough to get to the basket. They aren’t guarding Marek and Chukwu (actually more players are rolling with him to the basket than we are admitting) but JB wants him to drive and he can’t even get by the first defender often. It is what it is.

Tyus is a guy who just doesn’t make his teammates better, IMO. I think he is a good scorer in stretches and a good athlete, but, has limitations also with the handle and finishing. He’s not a one man wrecking crew type and his vision is subpar. He’s been driving more than anybody though the past couple of games.

I’m curious what people think of Alabama and Oklahoma rosters outside of s e xton and Young. Do they have better players than us or are those two so dynamic? Probably a little of both? I’m sort of torn on the whole ‘could JB do more with this team or not’ issue. A guy like Chris Holtman is working with an ok OSU roster but his attention to detail is phenomenal and they are playing well. Is our team that bad? I don’t know.
Well for starters John petty is better then anyone on our team. Hall and Ingram are better than most of our guys too. As for Oklahoma Christian James and Kadeem Latin are better than the majority of our roster and Manek is an impressive freshman. As for OSU Bates-Diop is one of the best players in the country and Tate is pretty damn good as well. It also helps when you can play more then 6 people as well.

Well for starters John petty is better then anyone on our team. Hall and Ingram are better than most of our guys too. As for Oklahoma Christian James and Kadeem Latin are better than the majority of our roster and Manek is an impressive freshman. As for OSU Bates-Diop is one of the best players in the country and Tate is pretty damn good as well. It also helps when you can play more then 6 people as well.

Nice. I guess I was being somewhat rhetorical. OSU I’m aware of being in OH. Bates-Diop sort of came out of nowhere. Amazing season considering he has literally almost doubled his production coming off missing the final 18 games of the season last year. Tate has always been like a Paul Harris. A PF at 6’4 trying to masquerade as a SG. Manek on OU reminds me of a poor man’s Lydon.

I think these teams all have better players like you imply. Even if HW and Sidibe were able to play. It is humbling to see these teams with a better roster.