The future at QB? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The future at QB?

I want it to be Hunt. There is no McNabb waiting in the wings here. Any of the guys on the roster or coming in would have severe growing pains most likely.

Hunt looks like he is getting better and we all know that he isn't working with the best WRs.

I thought his medium and long passes were solid today. His shorter ones he'll float a little. While not terrible if a WR is running under a ball, it really hinders the ability for the WR to catch in stride and get extra yardage.

Hope we get this next W. Hope Hunt really uses the extra 15 practices to add some tools. Hope we win a bowl game and use it to springboard into a successful season next year.

With all that said, it sure seems like we have a lot of QBs on the roster for a team with an entrenched started going into next year.
In a perfect world Hunt wins the job based on merit rather than by default. I'm not convinced that will happen however.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Hunt fall as far as third on the depth chart during spring ball. He simply hasn't shown enough to prove he is the QB of the future and clearly lacks the physical tools to fit into McDonald's offense. Great kid, great story and I really hope he can drastically improve but may the best man win.

Last edited:
How many 1 or less yards did he have on first down runs?

None.

He got tagged with a loss on the bad snap, but there were no called runs where he lost yardage on first down. Those were his only runs on first, that's the point.

The only negative running play is loss of 2 the one time he was sacked.

None.

He got tagged with a loss on the bad snap, but there were no called runs where he lost yardage on first down. Those were his only runs on first, that's the point.

The only negative running play is loss of 2 the one time he was sacked.

Smith was sacked? Wow, I screwed this one up, I was thinking of Smiths multiple runs for 1 yard and you were talking Hunt. Gotcha, my bad.

I have said this from the beginning and I still feel it is true. If Hunt is a three year starter then Shafer will be following him out the door in 3 years.

I have said this from the beginning and I still feel it is true. If Hunt is a three year starter then Shafer will be following him out the door in 3 years.
We'll be lucky if coach wants to stay for three years. He is looking pretty fed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom