The future of the New York Football Giants | Syracusefan.com

The future of the New York Football Giants

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
It's hard to believe that there is a still a chance to win the division with the world's worst defense. I think to rank my disappointment in this years team it would be as follows:
1) The inability to hold late game leads (has to be number one) due to poor coaching decisions which has led to poor effectiveness by the defense and/or Eli throwing a misguided pick.
2a) The lack of impact that Spags has had on the defense
2b) The injuries on the defensive side of the ball
3) Victor Cruz.
4) Running backs by committee. I actually like the running backs but none of them really get a big opportunity to make an impact so therefore none of them have made a big impact. Only three rushing TD's all season and only four runs over 20 yards all season. Vereen was a bust, but was he misused all season.

So barring a huge turnaround and winning the Super Bowl, I'm sure there will be some big changes on the coaching staff. Tom has to be gone. It's time. Does McAdoo get promoted to HC. I think if he does than that might save Spags job. If McAdoo doesn't get promoted maybe both coordinators are gone. Can Eli flourish in another new offense. This one took time to learn but is working but is it only because 13 is lining up.

It's hard to believe that there is a still a chance to win the division with the world's worst defense. I think to rank my disappointment in this years team it would be as follows:
1) The inability to hold late game leads (has to be number one) due to poor coaching decisions which has led to poor effectiveness by the defense and/or Eli throwing a misguided pick.
2a) The lack of impact that Spags has had on the defense
2b) The injuries on the defensive side of the ball
3) Victor Cruz.
4) Running backs by committee. I actually like the running backs but none of them really get a big opportunity to make an impact so therefore none of them have made a big impact. Only three rushing TD's all season and only four runs over 20 yards all season. Vereen was a bust, but was he misused all season.

So barring a huge turnaround and winning the Super Bowl, I'm sure there will be some big changes on the coaching staff. Tom has to be gone. It's time. Does McAdoo get promoted to HC. I think if he does than that might save Spags job. If McAdoo doesn't get promoted maybe both coordinators are gone. Can Eli flourish in another new offense. This one took time to learn but is working but is it only because 13 is lining up.

I'm not crazy about replacing anyone and starting a new system for Eli. I figure it lines up generally for one more run. If it's McAdoo so be it.

I'm not crazy about replacing anyone and starting a new system for Eli. I figure it lines up generally for one more run. If it's McAdoo so be it.
I'm not 100% sold on McAdoo but I do like Eli's role in the offense. I just wish the running backs had more impact especially when sitting on a 4th quarter lead and you only need one more first down to ice the game. However, I do think it would be a big mistake not to keep the same offense. Eli, for the most part, has had two good back to back seasons. But again, going back to my original statement, how much of that is McAdoo, how much is Eli and how much of the success belongs to OBJ.

Yes, I think that came out a few weeks ago. But don't you think it is just a little bizarre that he puts his house up for sale before the season is even over.

Not if he's already mentally filed his retirement papers.

Not if he's already mentally filed his retirement papers.

According to one UEO who is still not in the Hudson after today he's just moving closer to his daughter and Snee in NJ.

I got the double-tap in the nuts today.

If losing another heartbreaker in the last 2:00 wasn't bad enough, Eli's 4 TD's knocked my fantasy team out of the money. :(

According to one UEO who is still not in the Hudson after today he's just moving closer to his daughter and Snee in NJ.
Yes - I believe I read he actually owns another condo in NJ

just a very frustrating season. Any die hard Giant fan who knows this team knew it was going to end 38-35 yesterday. I am almost numb to these losses now. Its unreal. Injuries over the past 4 seasons have been ridiculous. The running game is beyond terrible and its about time we addressed it. We havent had a real impact linebacker since god knows when. I want Victor Cruz to get herpes and be out of this league tomorrow. Guy drives me crazy.

Its really amazing that they are still in the playoff picture seeing they should both be out of it and already have clinched a playoff bid at the same time.

Not a NYG fan but I would think at some point Mr. Reese has to elevate his game or he could be looking for work himself. His drafts/free agent moves have been rather mediocre over the last 3-4 years.

beckham was an absolute disgrace yesterday, ive never seen anything like that in the nfl

just a very frustrating season. Any die hard Giant fan who knows this team knew it was going to end 38-35 yesterday. I am almost numb to these losses now. Its unreal. Injuries over the past 4 seasons have been ridiculous. The running game is beyond terrible and its about time we addressed it. We havent had a real impact linebacker since god knows when. I want Victor Cruz to get herpes and be out of this league tomorrow. Guy drives me crazy.

Its really amazing that they are still in the playoff picture seeing they should both be out of it and already have clinched a playoff bid at the same time.

TC has to retire this year. He has earned his right to stay too long, but it is now too long.

Before they anoint McAdoo, I have to imagine they reach out to the usual suspects: Chin, Gruden, etc.

The Giants job is one of the top five (top three even) jobs in the NFL. McAdoo may get the gig, but I think he'd have to really earn it.

McAdoo may get the gig, but I think he'd have to really earn it.

Just curious, what can McAdoo do in the next two weeks to impact John Mara's decision?

Just curious, what can McAdoo do in the next two weeks to impact John Mara's decision?

In the next two weeks? Not much. I need to be assured that he can handle the media, he has Eli's confidence and as an HC, he has a vision for the team and how a DC fits.

I know Gruden et al can handle the media. I don't think we get those guys, but we at least need to reach out.

i would be shocked in McAdoo gets the job if TC is indeed gone
and thats why TC will not be gone.

Giants are kinda being held hostage by Eli.

if you want to give to McAdoo, then you dont fire TC.

this offense is clicking, even with all the injuries and lack of playmakers.

the defense is a joke, how spags has been able to do the job hes done this year with those players is dumbfounding. kudos to him. they are built as a take a chance D, one that relys on turnovers and as weve seen...dont have the horses to stop anyone when its brass tacks time. and to further my point...if collins doesnt jump and/or hold on bradys easy INT, they beat the pats and things are much different.

im ok going to the rodeo again next year with the big 3 coaches intact.

there is going to be a 30mil cap raise, we have some big $$ coming off the books and they saved another 10mil+ on JPP, so they may be able to buy some decent players for next year.

the question is...do i want reese to control the wallet.

hes been the failure here, not the job TC has done.

the defense is a joke, how spags has been able to do the job hes done this year with those players is dumbfounding. kudos to him. they are built as a take a chance D, one that relys on turnovers and as weve seen...dont have the horses to stop anyone when its brass tacks time. and to further my point...if collins doesnt jump and/or hold on bradys easy INT, they beat the pats and things are much different.

there is going to be a 30mil cap raise, we have some big $$ coming off the books and they saved another 10mil+ on JPP, so they may be able to buy some decent players for next year.

Agree about Reese. His big failure, IMO, is his free agency performance. Drafting has been OK.

The in-game, on-the-fly coaching and time management has to get better.

The coaching staff is making mistakes that would be avoided by having a HS math nerd coaching just for those instances.

I think TC should retire, but I see your point.

But we can't keep making these simple coaching mistakes. We should have at least two more wins, and that is putting it kindly.

The front seven on defense has to be seriously improved. If we even had an average defense we probably have two to three more wins.

We've hitched our wagon to Eli, so it's ride or die time with him for us fans.

I am a huge TC fan, wish he would have coached the Cowboys, but I think its time for a change, and the way he handled things on Sunday proves it.

Agree about Reese. His big failure, IMO, is his free agency performance. Drafting has been OK.

His drafting hasn't been all too great either, other than taking Beckham. The Giants have a talent problem, they don't have many talented players on the defensive side of the ball, don't have a good o-line, or good rb's.

A bunch of y’all were right about McAdoo from the get go in this thread

A bunch of y’all were right about McAdoo from the get go in this thread

Anyone else read the first post thinking it was a brand new post? I spent like 2 minutes trying to figure out how we had a realistic shot at the playoffs, and was super confused from there. I’m pie eyed as all get out, took me another 5 minutes to realize this was an old post.

The. It took another 5 minutes to write this post.

Reading what I wrote and wanted...I realized it’s deja vu all over again.

The Giants pulled a Syracuse.

The better coach moves on, the GM/AD who also should go, stays...and we just elevate guys on the old staff to better jobs on the new one hoping it works.

Then after 1 year of mild success...shlit hits the fan.

Wow.