The game in a nutshell... | Syracusefan.com

The game in a nutshell...

Lawrinson14

Master Image Editor
NC State coming into the game:

wolfpack-heels-fan-feet-favo.gif

NC State after the game:

wolfpackmuzzle.jpg

The game in a nutshell was pretty awful. Both teams are not very good. I'll always take a win but 'cuse has a way to go before they are real contenders in the ACC.

The game in a nutshell was pretty awful. Both teams are not very good. I'll always take a win but 'cuse has a way to go before they are real contenders in the ACC.

No ones trying to be real contenders in the ACC this year. Great 1st win, ugly but tough.

Contenders for what? To win it? Yeah, we get that. This is a team on the rise, and a winning record and a bowl game this year would be great. SU is not an awful team. I would not even classify them as "not very good." Sheesh.

Contenders for what? To win it? Yeah, we get that. This is a team on the rise, and a winning record and a bowl game this year would be great. SU is not an awful team. I would not even classify them as "not very good." Sheesh.
I agree, but there are a lot of posters who think like Ricky Bobby, that "If you ain't first, you're last."

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

You can classify them as anything you want. That game was pretty poorly played. NC ST played much worse and the right team won but it only gets tougher. I never called syracuse as awful, the game was.

I agree, but there are a lot of posters who think like Ricky Bobby, that "If you ain't first, you're last."

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

You are really not bright if you twist what I said to that. Syracuse is not a good team and NC ST is even worse. The pack got beat by WF for goodnessakes !

You can classify them as anything you want. That game was pretty poorly played. NC ST played much worse and the right team won but it only gets tougher. I never called syracuse as awful, the game was.

Well there are a lot of geniuses on this board who didn't think we could go down there and win. And for as aweful as we are, we beat nit state by as many points as the great Clemson tigers did .

You are really not bright if you twist what I said to that. Syracuse is not a good team and NC ST is even worse. The pack got beat by WF for goodnessakes !
You really came into this thread just to piss on it with your negativity. I think we all have a decent idea of where we stand in the conference - somewhere in the middle. We don't need you to tell us we aren't yet contenders, but thanks for stopping by and telling us anyway.

Been to NC stadium once to watch EC play NC state with a friend of mine who was an EC alumni. Most obnoxious noise I have ever heard was the wolf sound every time NC State scored a touchdown. Apparently they did not get to play that obnoxious sound much yesterday.

Been to NC stadium once to watch EC play NC state with a friend of mine who was an EC alumni. Most obnoxious noise I have ever heard was the wolf sound every time NC State scored a touchdown. Apparently they did not get to play that obnoxious sound much yesterday.

They played that damn wolf sound about 5 billion times, to the point where I think there's one person who's sole job is to push the button for the howl. Out of town scores - wolf howl. Here's the volleyball team - wolf howl. End of the first quarter - wolf howl. Incomplete pass - wolf howl. TV timeout - wolf howl. Syracuse only gained two yards - wolf howl. Holding call - wolf howl. Wolf howl, wolf howl, WOLF HOWL.

I'm going to be extremely confused this coming Saturday at Georgia Tech when I don't hear any wolf howls.

They played that damn wolf sound about 5 billion times, to the point where I think there's one person who's sole job is to push the button for the howl. Out of town scores - wolf howl. Here's the volleyball team - wolf howl. End of the first quarter - wolf howl. Incomplete pass - wolf howl. TV timeout - wolf howl. Syracuse only gained two yards - wolf howl. Holding call - wolf howl. Wolf howl, wolf howl, WOLF HOWL.

I'm going to be extremely confused this coming Saturday at Georgia Tech when I don't hear any wolf howls.
Way too many stupid ads mixed in with the wolf sound from the scoreboard! But the sound system was good!

Did they sell beer? I could not get out of work to go. I live in NC and was at the UNC game years ago when Cuse won in triple OT and was dumbfounded they did not sell beer. I was told that it was an ACC thing but didn't know if it had changed yet for the veteran ACC teams.

Agree. Reminded me of the PSU lion roar. But the wolf howl introducing the volleyball team may have been deserved.

Ooooo they play it whenever they feel like it nowadays. It sounds like a hurt wolf which I guess it was.

Did they sell beer? I could not get out of work to go. I live in NC and was at the UNC game years ago when Cuse won in triple OT and was dumbfounded they did not sell beer. I was told that it was an ACC thing but didn't know if it had changed yet for the veteran ACC teams.

Be honest I don't drink so I am unsure... I cannot recall any beer but the tailgating is pretty good at NC St and people come and go to their cars to get hammered.

You really came into this thread just to piss on it with your negativity. I think we all have a decent idea of where we stand in the conference - somewhere in the middle. We don't need you to tell us we aren't yet contenders, but thanks for stopping by and telling us anyway.

Or maybe just maybe you anbd others overreacted as usually on here. Yeesh. Nothign I wrote was flaming or wrong. It was fun to watch 'cuse in person but as far as football games go this was certainly not anything near a masterpiece.

Way too many stupid ads mixed in with the wolf sound from the scoreboard! But the sound system was good!

Overall it is a nice place to watch a football game but the howling did get obnoxious then again this was the first time I went there as the enemy.

TexasMark said they don't sell beer though it is not an "ACC thing" now with SU in the league! And the howling was annoying even on TV.

Last edited:
The howling was pretty annoying at home after work (dvr). It was however good to hear "lets go orange" in the backround. It must have been a pretty good SU crowd. I imagine it wss about the same or close to the bball game last year. I made it to that game. We hurt their feelings.

The visitors section was packed and there were plenty of orange scattered throughout! I'd say a few thousand loud fans

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom