The goal always was to make a bowl game | Syracusefan.com

The goal always was to make a bowl game

cmr27

All Conference
UConn game becomes huge because it's their best chance for a win from here on out.

BCS titles and Top 25 were never realistic at this stage -- maybe next year, not now.

Still a lot to play for.

UConn game becomes huge because it's their best chance for a win from here on out.

BCS titles and Top 25 were never realistic at this stage -- maybe next year, not now.

Still a lot to play for.
Nope. Road games are not the best chance for a win. Not even close. USF and cincy at home. Different animal at home this year.

Nope. Road games are not the best chance for a win. Not even close. USF and cincy at home. Different animal at home this year.

I'm guessing UConn is the only game we're favored in from here on out (which is really going to be saying something considering the stink bomb we just laid on college sports)... Agreed the team should be better at home though.

I actually think we will handle Uconn without much of a problem. They dont have anything near the speed or athelets of LV. We went up against better athletes today. There Dline dominated our WR's couldnt get off the line and Teddy played lights out. Uconn has nothing compared to these guys i actually think we win by three scores. I also like our chances against USF at home. Cincy is another story

If we go .500 here on out I would be ok but not happy since we know they can play better than they did today.

If we go from 5-2 to 6-6 and sneak into a bowl game...this season is a failure and there is no positive way to spin it.

If we go from 5-2 to 6-6 and sneak into a bowl game...this season is a failure and there is no positive way to spin it.

Bowl game = Extra practice time for guys who will need to step up next year = Tangible Benefit = Positive Spin

Get ready for UConn and worry about the rest some other day. 5-3 and we have to find a way to move the ball against good pressing defenses.

Failure is too strong, IMO. Disappointing, hell yeah. Failure, no.

Last season was a colossal failure then because we went 1-3 down the stretch and laid gigantic turds against UL, BC and UConn.

I actually think we will handle Uconn without much of a problem. They dont have anything near the speed or athelets of LV. We went up against better athletes today. There Dline dominated our WR's couldnt get off the line and Teddy played lights out. Uconn has nothing compared to these guys i actually think we win by three scores. I also like our chances against USF at home. Cincy is another story

UConn has a better defense than Louisville.

Last season was a colossal failure then because we went 1-3 down the stretch and laid gigantic turds against UL, BC and UConn.
last year was different. Just going to a bowl game was a success.

This year its time to make the next leap, not be status-qup

Sometimes things take more time than we'd like.

Sometimes things take more time than we'd like.
That's a loser mentality. Especially when they gave away the Rutgers game and have played like they have played at times.

At times this year I hope the BE makes us wait 27 months because this football program and head coach is not ready for the ACC! Not even close

That's a loser mentality. Especially when they gave away the Rutgers game and have played like they have played at times.

At times this year I hope the BE makes us wait 27 months because this football program and head coach is not ready for the ACC! Not even close
Maybe someday you'll find a team to root for that wins 73-0 every game, goes 13-0 every year and puts together 145 straight NC's. Loser mentality...sheesh. :rolleyes:

Maybe someday you'll find a team to root for that wins 73-0 every game, goes 13-0 every year and puts together 145 straight NC's. Loser mentality...sheesh. :rolleyes:

NOT ASKING FOR THAT!!! But, coming off a 7 win regular season last year (3 wins vs Maine Colgate, and you would hope at least they could win 7 or 8 ...at least. That's not setting the bar high at all. As I said, if they end up with the same record this season or 1 game worse than they had last then this season is a failure.

Agree stern, but I think we go 2-1 against USF cincy and uconn

NOT ASKING FOR THAT!!! But, coming off a 7 win regular season last year (3 wins vs Maine Colgate, and you would hope at least they could win 7 or 8 ...at least. That's not setting the bar high at all. As I said, if they end up with the same record this season or 1 game worse than they had last then this season is a failure.
You said it yourself - we are not playing Maine and Colgate this year. More difficult schedule this year. happens, things take time. Whether you like it or not, recognizing that is not a loser mentality...it's facing reality. Peace.

Not considering the senior talent we lost off last year's team. We're playing way too many Fr. & So. this year. I agree with many who felt we would be doing well to "hold serve" this season, although I'd view playing (and winning) 2 bowl games in a row to be an accomplishment that would help restore the program's reputation.

The bar is higher next year though.

Hey, I'm proud of this team. I hate and was peeved at what happened today but overall 5-3 is pretty decent.

Agree stern, but I think we go 2-1 against USF cincy and uconn

I think so too actually. But if we end up 6-6 this season is a failure and I don't want to hear about extra practice time or any other excuses or positive spins on it. This year would be an utter failure on every level. It would be a step back any way you look at it. We play in a garbage conference that is having its worst year ever probably and to end up 6-6 and get lucky the refs missed an extra pt vs Toledo and so on and so forth would be a huge step back for this program.

You said it yourself - we are not playing Maine and Colgate this year. More difficult schedule this year. **** happens, things take time. Whether you like it or not, recognizing that is not a loser mentality...it's facing reality. Peace.
Loser mentality any way you view it. To just put your arms in the air and say "**** happens" is a loser mentality! Like the team/coaches have no control over the outcome of things. Just a toss up and bad luck. PLEASE!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom