The Greatest Closer Of All Time... | Syracusefan.com

The Greatest Closer Of All Time...

OrangeOnions

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
In line for a hold in his last all star game. I understand why Leyland put Mo in. I just disagree with it. If you don't think that your all star staff can hold a 3 run lead then I'm not sure what to say. Leyland could have always brought Mo in during the 8th if his reliever(s) got in trouble. I just would have preferred seeing the greatest closer of all time save the game vs get a hold.

Mo for MVP. :D

45973_10151677245041597_257727755_n.jpg

Greatest reliever of all-time.

And this can be deleted if need be, but CTO added me on Facebook tonight and this is completely on topic - the very first thing I saw CTO post on Facebook since I accepted her friend request was a picture of her with Mo Rivera. So basically, this is just further proof that CTO lives a far cooler life than all of the rest of us combined.

I couldn't help but just smile, shake my head, and think that CTO is without a doubt the most interesting poster in the world. Seriously, is there anyone CTO doesn't know? Gotta love her!

In line for a hold in his last all star game. I understand why Leyland put Mo in. I just disagree with it. If you don't think that your all star staff can hold a 3 run lead then I'm not sure what to say. Leyland could have always brought Mo in during the 8th if his reliever(s) got in trouble. I just would have preferred seeing the greatest closer of all time save the game vs get a hold.

Understand your point..It's an All-Star game, anything can happen...I think Leyland wanted to guarantee that Mo got into the game...by putting him in the 8th that was 100%, if he had waited and the NL had come back, then he would not have got in the game at all...I think it was the right decision, go with the 100% rather than take a chance in this situation.

Understand your point..It's an All-Star game, anything can happen...I think Leyland wanted to guarantee that Mo got into the game...by putting him in the 8th that was 100%, if he had waited and the NL had come back, then he would not have got in the game at all...I think it was the right decision, go with the 100% rather than take a chance in this situation.
Not sure what Leyland was waiting for though, anything more than three runs he wasn't going to get a save anyways. So, in his two scenarios, Mo wouldn't have gotten a save.

With the pitchers on the team and the way the NL was hitting, no way they make a comeback and even if they start to then he can still bring Mo in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom