The Greatest Plays in Syracuse Hoops History | Syracusefan.com

The Greatest Plays in Syracuse Hoops History

If that doesn't include Tuten's missed dunk, I want no part of it.

Why am i tearing up

In no particular order:
Ennis > Pitt
Wallace to Cipolla > Georgia
Wallace 3 > Georgia
Pearl > BC
Warrick > Kansas
Carmelo in his first game, vs Memphis. From the near corner, faked a pass over the defender's head. Defender spun around. Carmelo nailed a 3. Portending of NC No. 1.
Dave Johnson over Mourning > BET championship.

Here’s a bunch of fun ones from back in the day...

Love the play vs GTown during the furious comeback, where DC intercepts the pass, immediately outlets to Owens, who instantly gets it to Sherm, who then throws the ooop to Owens for the slam!

The ball never touches the floor, and goes from end to end in like :03 seconds. :cool:

Start at 3:23 for the GTown game in question, and the play above starts at 3:40.

Enjoy.

That dunk sequence was great :) Stevie Thompson's hops were incredible given his size. Of course, most of his came on the run rather than standing under the basket like Derek Coleman.

Ah, those were the days

louie.gif

Warricks dunk vs Notre dame is always an all time favorite for me.

Same. This is my all time favorite Cuse play by my all time favorite Cuse player. Unreal how high he gets from a standstill.

How many schools can have a list like this that include a father and son?

In no particular order:
Ennis > Pitt
Wallace to Cipolla > Georgia
Wallace 3 > Georgia
Pearl > BC
Warrick > Kansas
Carmelo in his first game, vs Memphis. From the near corner, faked a pass over the defender's head. Defender spun around. Carmelo nailed a 3. Portending of NC No. 1.
Dave Johnson over Mourning > BET championship.
Tea Bag Dunk

Pretty sure the greatest play in our history is the Warrick block. Everything else fights for 2nd place onward.
the block was nice but there's better than a fifty % chance he misses anyway. kansas was 4-20 deep. lee just 1 for 5. so it didn't win the game per se . just prevented Kansas a shot at tying the score. i actually believe nailing a game winning shot trumps blocking a potential game tying shot. that's my take.

Last edited:
the block was nice but there's better than a fifty % chance he misses anyway. kansas was 4-20 deep. lee just 1 for 5. so it didn't win the game per se . just prevented Kansas a shot at tying the score. i actually believe nailing a game winning shot trumps blocking a potential game tying shot. that's my take.
Nobody has hit a game winning shot in the biggest game in SU history

Even though I happen to think we would've won in OT anyway, that play on that stage easily makes it the greatest play in SU history.

Ennis to stun Pitt at the Zoo, then getting in the face of the student section. Love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom