The idea of "number 1 by default" | Syracusefan.com

The idea of "number 1 by default"

cspades99

2nd String
I can't think of another season I've seen that characterization thrown around as much as I have this year. Maybe I'm just more in tune to it being a Cuse fan, but isn't the #1 team almost always by default? If other teams lose and you win, you eventually are #1, and stay there until you lose.

This year, it was more or less used against this team.

I would venture to say UK is 1 by default right now. Coming off that super impressive 4 point win against Alabama at home. They had one good game recently that had people shaking in their boots for some reason but overall they havent been dominating. Mizz is another team noone believes in who got hyped after beating an overrated Baylor team and OSU has 3 losses. They lost some of those without Sullinger but guess what, we just beat Cinci at Cinci without Melo.

I would venture to say UK is 1 by default right now. Coming off that super impressive 4 point win against Alabama at home. They had one good game recently that had people shaking in their boots for some reason but overall they havent been dominating. Mizz is another team noone believes in who got hyped after beating an overrated Baylor team and OSU has 3 losses. They lost some of those without Sullinger but guess what, we just beat Cinci at Cinci without Melo.
There's also the perception that the Big East is down this year while the B1G and Big 12 are up.

I can't think of another season I've seen that characterization thrown around as much as I have this year. Maybe I'm just more in tune to it being a Cuse fan, but isn't the #1 team almost always by default? If other teams lose and you win, you eventually are #1, and stay there until you lose.

This year, it was more or less used against this team.
Just as a quick comment ... by that analysis then Murray State should be #1 as they have yet to lose a game ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom