The Jamie Dixon blow by | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Jamie Dixon blow by

jamie-dixon.jpg w=420&h=316&crop=1.jpg

Pepe_Le_Pew.jpg

Priceless. I can't think of any other bastard in the world that I would rather see lose.

tee1222 said:
He said Eeeeenis in his presser at least twice. Learn the name by now, Jamie. Or is he showing his true feelings? Sorry, Jamie, can't hide your Eenis Envy I guess. :eek:

He's a POS.

What bugs me the most about this whole Pitt thing is this false narrative I keep hearing from the ESPN crowd that Pitt should've won both games. I heard Vitale mention that during the Duke game and it keeps coming up over and over again.

Syracuse led the first game at the half 25-21. Pitt's last first half lead was 12-10 at the 11:44 mark.

Syracuse extended the lead to 10 37-27 at the 14:40 mark of the second half and still held a two point lead at the 6:30 mark.

Pitt's biggest second half lead was 52-49 at the 2:30 mark. Has a three point lead suddenly become insurmountable with two and a half minutes still left to play? Is that why Pitt "should've won" this game?

Fact is, Syracuse took the lead back 53-52 with nearly two minutes left (1:50) and never trailed again.

It wasn't like Ennis had to make 35 footers here either, he broke down the Pitt defense off the dribble and converted a couple of high percentage shots down the stretch. That was skill, not mere luck.

Quite frankly, if Syracuse had lost the first game I would've felt like they were the team that let one get away. They outplayed Pitt for the majority of the first game and won for that reason. The second game they kept it close and gave themselves a chance to pull it out, which they did this time in a rather hostile environment.

Syracuse is the better team 2 - 0 says it all.

What bugs me the most about this whole Pitt thing is this false narrative I keep hearing from the ESPN crowd that Pitt should've won both games. I heard Vitale mention that during the Duke game and it keeps coming up over and over again.

Syracuse led the first game at the half 25-21. Pitt's last first half lead was 12-10 at the 11:44 mark.

Syracuse extended the lead to 10 37-27 at the 14:40 mark of the second half and still held a two point lead at the 6:30 mark.

Pitt's biggest second half lead was 52-49 at the 2:30 mark. Has a three point lead suddenly become insurmountable with two and a half minutes still left to play? Is that why Pitt "should've won" this game?

Fact is, Syracuse took the lead back 53-52 with nearly two minutes left (1:50) and never trailed again.

It wasn't like Ennis had to make 35 footers here either, he broke down the Pitt defense off the dribble and converted a couple of high percentage shots down the stretch. That was skill, not mere luck.

Quite frankly, if Syracuse had lost the first game I would've felt like they were the team that let one get away. They outplayed Pitt for the majority of the first game and won for that reason. The second game they kept it close and gave themselves a chance to pull it out, which they did this time in a rather hostile environment.

Syracuse is the better team 2 - 0 says it all.
Agreed. BIG difference between 'should have' and 'did'.

Good points, good post. Remember ESPN's talking heads get paid to talk, and there's simply no cachet in saying, "SU won because they're the better team." Now, if they had said Pitt could have won both games, I'd have no problem with that angle.

No, I don't think so.
(and I probably could be convinced Calhoun was a great coach)
Dixon definitely not a great coach. Can't win big games - a consistent under-performer in the Big Dance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom