The Jim Boeheim Show, before Boston College | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Jim Boeheim Show, before Boston College

Why don't you guys give up the notion that JB was comparing Chukwu and McCullough on a talent basis. As has been said already, he was simply comparing the two based on what they thought they might contribute during their respective seasons and then both went down and consequently couldn't contribute.

He never compared them on a talent basis. That was poster comprehension gone wild.
If JB was talking about PC contributing he surely didn't give PC a rope to play after the SC game.
PC didn't look any better than Chino who was buried on the bench.
We are lucky we got Thompson or wow we would our big situation this year be a problem.

If JB was talking about PC contributing he surely didn't give PC a rope to play after the SC game.
We are lucky we got Thompson or wow we would our big situation this year be a problem.

Actually Chino vs. Paschal is an interesting comparison. I thought looking at my numbers on the two would show that Paschal contributed more tha Chino but really they are comparable, mostly because Chino in last year's pre-conference season contributed more than I realized.

Chino in the 2015-16 Pre-Conference Season:
3.0M 12.3P 13.3R 1.0A 1.0S 4.1B = 31.7+ 3.1MFG 5.1 MFT 3.1TO 12.3PF = 23.6- = 8.1NP 4.1OE 4.0FG

Paschal in the 2016-17 Pre-Conference Season:
12.0M 4.4P 10.7R 0.7A 1.1S 5.2B 22.1+ 1.1MFG 3.3MFT 3.7TO 5.6PF 13.7- = 8.4NP 0.0OE 8.4FG

The differences: JB played Paschal a lot more than Chino. Chino could score some and was a better rebounder. Both were good shot blockers but Paschal was a bit better. Chino was more like to attempt a shot and thus more likely to miss. He was also more likely to get fouled and thus had more missed foul shots. The huge difference and the reason why JB couldn't play him more: Chino committed fouls like they were going out of style. Paschal had no offensive value at all: his entire value was on defense. Chino was more of an all-around player, if not a very good one.

The disappointment was that Paschal didn't contribute much more than Chino when JB expected him to and probably hoped he would as the season progressed. Now that will have to wait for another season.

I don't think JB had many offensive expectations of PC. He said as much in the early season. It was our ability to press and on the defensive end that they were working with PC to have an impact this year. The staff's hope that we could have the flexibility of an effective pressing option of players with our depth has been squashed with his injury.

It's just killing you to saying anything nice about the team lately. Even TT looking good comes off as a back handed compliment. :noidea:

It's just killing you to saying anything nice about the team lately. Even TT looking good comes off as a back handed compliment. :noidea:
BS I say what I feel. I am not negative to be negative. I am not positive to be positive. I am realist not an idealist.
I think JB has done a great job overall and is SU hoops but his faults have hurt the program and future is murky because our recruiting has dipped and our all guard alumni staff can't coach up our guards.
I am seeing a top 10 program nationally go thru the motions and our HC telling us a bunch of crap.
PC is nowhere in the same league as CMac.
CMac wasn't a project and our HC is frustrating.
I want to win games not have BS spin.
What improvements have tweeked to the program? Our offense is decaying and our players don't fit the zone.
I am generally frustrated with this after JB sold us a bunch of this team is really good.
You want to live in La-La land where it's all rainbows and unicorns if you think people should be positive now.
I get plenty wrong but my opinion is my opinion. This is the third straight mediocre regular season that is a joke. Thank god for the Final Four run last year it saves our national standing and masks our weakness these last few years.

Wow talk about stubborn and entrenched. Realistically, you don't acknowledge any issues or obstacles that may have impacted the program the past 3 years?

If you are uniquely attuned to reality like your claim that many of the posters aren't, did you realistically believe that sanctions would have no effect on our team for years? Realistically did you believe that years of unexpected early NBA entries wouldn't have an impact on the future, limiting time allowed to develop our young players? Realistically do you believe that JB's retirement wouldn't be used against us by other programs and negatively affect recruiting?? Realistically do you think losing Chris McCollough for almost all of the ACC conference schedule made no difference in our regular season results in 2014-2015 when we took the postseason ban? Do you realistically think that taking a preseason unranked SU team (not even 1 vote in "others receiving votes") to the Elite 8 less the Final 4 last year, should be just arbitrarily dismissed when evaluating our performance? Realistically if we had a better season record last year say 28-9 vs 23-14 and pulled a Michigan St in the tournament , you wouldn't be just as negative? That final 4 did kind of ruin things for people pushing a certain point. Let's be "totally" realistic as you say.

We have been spoiled hoping that JB does his magic and cobbles together very good teams despite obstacles. He's done it before. JB did think this year's team would be much better than it has played, diss him, fire him, whine, cry, whatever, for helping raise fan's normally high expectations. He wasn't alone though - NBA scouts, pundits were impressed when visiting practices and they all were wrong at how long it would take them to mesh as a cohesive team. I'm certain that pinpointing the problems, addressing issues, planning changes is being done by people way more knowledgeable than either myself or Alsacs just like the staff, players are suffering the impact the most - yup more than even us computer based fan wizards. ;)

Wow talk about stubborn and entrenched. Realistically, you don't acknowledge any issues or obstacles that may have impacted the program the past 3 years?

If you are uniquely attuned to reality like your claim that many of the posters aren't, did you realistically believe that sanctions would have no effect on our team for years? Realistically did you believe that years of unexpected early NBA entries wouldn't have an impact on the future, limiting time allowed to develop our young players? Realistically do you believe that JB's retirement wouldn't be used against us by other programs and negatively affect recruiting?? Realistically do you think losing Chris McCollough for almost all of the ACC conference schedule made no difference in our regular season results in 2014-2015 when we took the postseason ban? Do you realistically think that taking a preseason unranked SU team (not even 1 vote in "others receiving votes") to the Elite 8 less the Final 4 last year, should be just arbitrarily dismissed when evaluating our performance? Realistically if we had a better season record last year say 28-9 vs 23-14 and pulled a Michigan St in the tournament , you wouldn't be just as negative? That final 4 did kind of ruin things for people pushing a certain point. Let's be "totally" realistic as you say.

We have been spoiled hoping that JB does his magic and cobbles together very good teams despite obstacles. He's done it before. JB did think this year's team would be much better than it has played, diss him, fire him, whine, cry, whatever, for helping raise fan's normally high expectations. He wasn't alone though - NBA scouts, pundits were impressed when visiting practices and they all were wrong at how long it would take them to mesh as a cohesive team. I'm certain that pinpointing the problems, addressing issues, planning changes is being done by people way more knowledgeable than either myself or Alsacs just like the staff, players are suffering the impact the most - yup more than even us computer based fan wizards. ;)
but Cherie, if you really had a grasp on reality you would know a *real* coach and staff would have prevented all that regardless.

(yes, that's sarcasm)

BS I say what I feel. I am not negative to be negative. I am not positive to be positive. I am realist not an idealist.
I think JB has done a great job overall and is SU hoops but his faults have hurt the program and future is murky because our recruiting has dipped and our all guard alumni staff can't coach up our guards.
I am seeing a top 10 program nationally go thru the motions and our HC telling us a bunch of crap.
PC is nowhere in the same league as CMac.
CMac wasn't a project and our HC is frustrating.
I want to win games not have BS spin.
What improvements have tweeked to the program? Our offense is decaying and our players don't fit the zone.
I am generally frustrated with this after JB sold us a bunch of this team is really good.
You want to live in La-La land where it's all rainbows and unicorns if you think people should be positive now.
I get plenty wrong but my opinion is my opinion. This is the third straight mediocre regular season that is a joke. Thank god for the Final Four run last year it saves our national standing and masks our weakness these last few years.

I'm glad you think JB does a great job overall.

I'm glad you want to win games. It's unfortunate that going to the Final Four masked our weaknesses.

The Cmac-PC thing just seems like just another opportunity to complain about JB. Since you were already complaining about JB, it was hardly needed.

Last edited:
but Cherie, if you really had a grasp on reality you would know a *real* coach and staff would have prevented all that regardless.

(yes, that's sarcasm)
I know Jay Wright is just a silly fantasy, but once JB is gone, I'd give my right nut for a real coach like Buzz Williams and my left nut for Derrick Coleman to coach the bigs.

No if we went 28-9, won the ACC and lost in the first round people still would say we suck here. Honestly it's got to the point (and I'm not talking about Alsacs here)that I think some posters want JB to fail this year. That's how I see it.

No if we went 28-9, won the ACC and lost in the first round people still would say we suck here. Honestly it's got to the point (and I'm not talking about Alsacs here)that I think some posters want JB to fail this year. That's how I see it.
yep

still griping about other posters i see. well happy new year ! how about concentrating on the team for a resolution ? you can't control others opinions.

"uniquely attuned to reality"

seems that's been thrown at me a few times lately by admins. regardless cherie happy new year to everybody and may 2017 bless us all ...

I wish I could like this a bajillion times.

JB has recruited the players.
Most fans didn't think the scholarships lost were a major problem because JB only plays 7 guys.
Early entries happen at all elite schools. We don't recruit the elite guys.
Our system helps these kids leave early because of all the minutes and shots they get.
Any problems we are suffering from the sanctions are our own fault.
We haven't recruited outside of I-95 and Canada is not smart.
JB will forget more than I know but looking at our problems it is frustrating because we don't adapt or change.
That is the frustration.
We shouldn't have 3 mediocre regular seasons in a row. I don't care about early entries or transfers.
I haven't posted facts I have learned but their are problems within the team that is on JB.
Dasher has nailed Jim Boeheim. He is a great coach but how he has treated some people is not nice. That is something he can control.
Again if changes are being implemented then great. As JB knows more than anybody here but it doesn't mean he can't be questioned.
I give my opinion it doesn't mean my opinion is right. I am positive when I feel it's right. I am critical when I feel it's right.
I think the 2005 season was a success. We won the BET but lost in the first round of the NCAAT. Why? Because we were relevant all year long.

I'm glad you think JB does a great job overall.

I'm glad you want to win games. It's unfortunate that going to the Final Four masked our weaknesses.

The Cmac-PC thing just seems like just another opportunity to complain about JB. Since you were already complaining about JB, it was hardly needed.
Okay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom