The Jim Boeheim Show (before Virginia Tech) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Jim Boeheim Show (before Virginia Tech)

all I know is that it’s going to be a slightly harder grooming process to sell my young kids on this Wisconsin tempo and clusterF of an offense that we run. Our dads had a pretty easy sales pitch for those of us who grew up in the 80s/90s.

#orangeisthenewslow

Personally, I love watching UVA and Wisconsin (though this season they are really struggling) play. That was an abberation the game between the two of them. Essentially mirror images of each other especially on D. I mean for two years in a row Happ/Hayes/Koenig sort of took us to school. Those offenses are very good but you need the right players. Believe me, I want to run just as much as you do and if we slow it down again next year then something is really wrong. But, if you are going to play slower you need the right players and certainly more creativity and motion on offense.

Honest question...how sincere or honest do we think JB is in his responses to questions on this show? Is he just going through the motions? After all these years one could understand if he didn’t take it to seriously.

I think he builds a case for what he's already decided to do. Not all of his defenses for it seem valid. ("Nobody presses anymore." Players don't get tired" but "We expend too much energy on defense to run." "We can't run because we have a slow center", etc.)

The original SU dunktape. A masterpiece on transition basketball...this style of play filled the dome, had us on Espn and had many top flight prospects drooling to play for SU. Transition basketball and SU were synonymous.
Thanks for posting. That was so enjoyable to watch. Reminded me of how insanely talented DC was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom