The Kim Mulkey way | Syracusefan.com

The Kim Mulkey way

Commenting on the hotels in Albany. At one point in time I admired her coaching success, like I did with Belicheck and Saban, but those days are over. Hope they get wiped off the floor.

I guess the establishment can't handle a successful woman that doesn't act and think like they are supposed to?

Obviously shes more than somewhat of a jerk and a Bobby Knight type but she wins and still gets top recruits.

I guess the establishment can't handle a successful woman that doesn't act and think like they are supposed to?

Obviously shes more than somewhat of a jerk and a Bobby Knight type but she wins and still gets top recruits.
Or it could be that the establishment, like most of us, doesn't like bullies and jerks.

Basically a modern-day female Bobby Knight.

Yes, she wins.
Everywhere she goes.

She’s also a terrible person.
Sports is better when there are villains and she absolutely is one.

NCAAW has more star power and personalities than the mens game RN which is just about NIL, auditioning for the NBA, and players changing teams a lot. At least we don't have to watch a final four of Miami, FAU, San Diego state, and that other program everyone hates that noone can play tough. Barf @ the mens game. Most of these players are too soft to handle a Mulkey anyway.

Or it could be that the establishment, like most of us, doesn't like bullies and jerks.

Everyone is free to root against her. Grandstanding articles that kind of push for her to be fired for her antics I can't get behind.

NCAAW has more star power and personalities than the mens game RN which is just about NIL, auditioning for the NBA, and players changing teams a lot. At least we don't have to watch a final four of Miami, FAU, San Diego state, and that other program everyone hates that noone can play tough. Barf @ the mens game. Most of these players are too soft to handle a Mulkey anyway.

Everyone is free to root against her. Grandstanding articles that kind of push for her to be fired for her antics I can't get behind.
I guess her father and her sister are part of that establishment you talked about. Some people are good at what they do and are terrible people. People sometimes have issues with one family member. It's rare when it is two. I'm sure you have worked for and enjoyed working for a total jerk. Not being soft and all.

People have the wrong idea on what being tough is. It isn't being a bully. It's standing up to one. And every bully I have ever known, at their core, is a coward. They can't take it when they are held up to the light. Knight couldn't. And obviously Kim can't.

The author is a South Carolina alum. Can’t imagine he’d have a conflict.
There would NEVER be an article like this about the sainted Dawn Staley. You think she’s not just as bad?
I’m a Newhouse grad who’s long given up on agenda driven media. Like many institutions a disgrace and why no one believes the main stream press.

There would NEVER be an article like this about the sainted Dawn Staley. You think she’s not just as bad?
I’m a Newhouse grad who’s long given up on agenda driven media. Like many institutions a disgrace and why no one believes the main stream press.
No one believes it? LOL What part of the story isn't true? I would bet you don't know either person. Yet, you throw shade at Staley. SMH She may be the devil herself. But you and I have no idea. If any part of the story isn't true, I would love to hear it.

Think he was saying in general no one believes the press these days. That is true.
In general, that isn't true. People with an agenda have issues with the press when they print or run something they don't like. If it is something they do like, they believe it all. What press are we even talking about? Newspapers? Magazines? TV? Radio?

People have the wrong idea on what being tough is. It isn't being a bully. It's standing up to one. And every bully I have ever known, at their core, is a coward. They can't take it when they are held up to the light. Knight couldn't. And obviously Kim can't.
I only used the word tough (as in lack of) to describe the competition Uconn mens basketball has faced for 2 NCAA tournaments in a row. Its been pathetic and sickening. Meanwhile NCAAW has been excellent.

Mulkey is another interesting face and personality in the ladies game who is far from perfect and a modern Knight (who I despise.) I was rooting for LSU last year in the final I'm sure plenty of people wanted Iowa. The poor sportsmanship was amusing and fun at the end of the game even if I don't fully endorse it.

You a Pats fan? You think the Dynasty Kraft sponsored hitjob on Bill was fair? Kraft was Trump's best friend back when it was allowed to associate with him and got caught visiting a place with likely undocumented trafficked sex workers.

You think Syracuse Mens Basketball wouldn't have done better if Red told Benny Williams to scram last offseason and we got a SF better than Justin Taylor with the scholarship? Huge mistake and everyone lost because of him being too nice.

What other institutions are a disgrace?

I don't have time to read the article but how many lives have her kids destroyed like Andy Reids kids have?

In general, that isn't true. People with an agenda have issues with the press when they print or run something they don't like. If it is something they do like, they believe it all. What press are we even talking about? Newspapers? Magazines? TV? Radio?
People in the press have agendas is another way to put it. Different world than what we once knew.
I don’t trust anything I read or see on TV without doing some kind of fact checking these days.

I didn't figure you had bothered to read the article. Such an informed poster, as usual.
I don't really want to know about her personal life. Until her kids deal heroin or paralyze 5 year olds who cares? I like her outfits and how passionate she is on the sideline and they always win.

Mens college hoops is in the gutter (I mean we had a final four of Uconn/Miami/FAU/San Diego St last year is anyone questioning how terrible that was and this year doesn't look much better) while the ladies game has never been better Looking forward to catching the Iowa game.

Glad Mulkey won me some money today I think I went 1-9 yesterday and am getting my clock cleaned on Lacrosse rn.

I only used the word tough (as in lack of) to describe the competition Uconn mens basketball has faced for 2 NCAA tournaments in a row. Its been pathetic and sickening. Meanwhile NCAAW has been excellent.

Mulkey is another interesting face and personality in the ladies game who is far from perfect and a modern Knight (who I despise.) I was rooting for LSU last year in the final I'm sure plenty of people wanted Iowa. The poor sportsmanship was amusing and fun at the end of the game even if I don't fully endorse it.

You a Pats fan? You think the Dynasty Kraft sponsored hitjob on Bill was fair? Kraft was Trump's best friend back when it was allowed to associate with him and got caught visiting a place with likely undocumented trafficked sex workers.

You think Syracuse Mens Basketball wouldn't have done better if Red told Benny Williams to scram last offseason and we got a SF better than Justin Taylor with the scholarship? Huge mistake and everyone lost because of him being too nice.
You are all over the place. No. I don't support the Pats or Robert Kraft. The hit piece on Belichick, probably deserved, was sponsored by Kraft productions. That isn't a news reporting agency. It was a tv show. Just as the bachelor is on abc but is not world news tonight. And Red was not being too nice with regards to Benny. That is just your incorrect misjudgment. We kept Benny because we believed in his ability. He showed flashes. That was a mistake. But being nice had zero to do with it.

Last edited:
People in the press have agendas is another way to put it. Different world than what we once knew.
I don’t trust anything I read or see on TV without doing some kind of fact checking these days.
Where do you do your fact checking? On this story, will you call Kim's dad and sister and ask if it is true? Of course not. There are very few stories that you could actually go out and fact check. More likely, just shake your head and say biased reporting. I don't believe it. For example, could you have fact checked the Globes masterpiece on the Catholic church? No. You couldn't of. My fact checking on the church story would have been 3 friends who were alter boys. They never saw anything like that. Well, I guess none of it happened then.

Where do you do your fact checking? On this story, will you call Kim's dad and sister and ask if it is true? Of course not. There are very few stories that you could actually go out and fact check. More likely, just shake your head and say biased reporting. I don't believe it. For example, could you have fact checked the Globes masterpiece on the Catholic church? No. You couldn't have. My fact checking on the church story would have been 3 friends who were alter boys. They never saw anything like that. Well, I guess none of it happened then.
Kim has already told the story of her family, facts checked.Dig around a little if I smell a rat, you know use your life lessons if the story ain’t jiving.
Common sense goes a long ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom