The latest from the Twitterazzi--- | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The latest from the Twitterazzi---

I disagree. Rutgers might be an attractive candidate.

As distasteful as it is to consider, Rutgers may be a sleeping giant. Just imagine if they had a top of the line football coach? A good coach could turn that program into something, IMO.

It's funny that we're talking about the last kid in gym class being picked like he's the prom king. So after everybody has been picked rutgers is a no brainer because they have so much to offer; ...too funny really, they're the only school left.

If buttgers had so much to offer they'd have already been chosen. The conferences have done their research, buttgers and uconn have been left out.

As long as ND stays independent nobody else is expanding and their contract doesn't expire until 2015.

What if it's ND to the Big XII for everything but football and BYU for football? Leaves Storrz and GTL in a lurch.

The Big 12 is gonna take both UL and WVU. That leaves Rutgers, Cincy, USF and UConn left on the island.

Cincy has sent its resume with UL and WVU hoping the Big 12 is hiring soon.
UCONN is waiting for ND to make up its mind and join the ACC.
USF and Rutgers are searching for poison berries looking to end it all.

That's what Chip Brown is reporting and everyone is picking up on it. Also, Mizzou is suppose to announce they are leaving next Monday. The only catch is that the B12 won't let them go for another year unless WVU/Lville can play next fall.

It's funny that we're talking about the last kid in gym class being picked like he's the prom king. So after everybody has been picked rutgers is a no brainer because they have so much to offer; ...too funny really, they're the only school left.

If buttgers had so much to offer they'd have already been chosen. The conferences have done their research, buttgers and uconn have been left out.

As long as ND stays independent nobody else is expanding and their contract doesn't expire until 2015.
no shlit.

we are already are crystal clear that the gold standard programs are gone.

we are talking about a bevo move and a possible ND decision.

rut is nothing but the cream of the manure.

cant believe i had to point that out.

Well if they take the Vile and WVU they destroy the Big East like they did the old SWC. Big East becomes a bball only league and the football members join CUSA.

What if it's ND to the Big XII for everything but football and BYU for football? Leaves Storrz and GTL in a lurch.

Thats the worst case scenario for uconn or buttgers.

There's no guarantee conferences will move to 16 just for the sake of it either. Uconn and buttgers will dilute the pot and neither increase the TV deal for either conference.

this rutgers is a sleeping giant B.S. also has to stop. they have had a lot of football coaches there and have never been any world beater.

If ND to B1G, the +1 is Rutgers
If ND to ACC, the +1 is Uconn

I agree with each of those. But I will add one more...

If ND to B12 for all but FB, then the ACC takes UConn and RU.

I think if ND passes on the ACC and goes to the B12, it is time for the ACC to move on. If ND is willing to shun the ACC for the those locations, then they are never coming. If/when ND joins they obviously would go B1G. By going B12 they are saying the East isn't that important. So might as well move on and shore up the East Coast grabbing every state that plays D1A. It also keeps the B1G out of the East. If ND does ever join the B1G, they will likely go for KU as RU is already taken. Plus they rather stay MW anyway. So why leave RU open for the B1G to take if/when ND decides to go there?

Clemson, GA Tech, VT, UNC, UVA, MD, NC St, Duke
FSU, Miami, Pitt, SU, BC, UConn, RU, Wake

That keeps just about every yearly rivalry in both sports and is competitively balanced in both.

lol i cant help it, must be the italian in me...anything about rutgers i get all nuts!lol

We understand. It happens to all of us. Something about that damn scarlet red that sets us all off.

Got to be honest Phat, from where I'm sitting in the heart of Big XII country it's entirely plausable. Kansas would love to play ND in bball and hit that Chicago market.

I think if ND passes on the ACC and goes to the B12, it is time for the ACC to move on. If ND is willing to shun the ACC for the those locations, then they are never coming. If/when ND joins they obviously would go B1G. By going B12 they are saying the East isn't that important. So might as well move on and shore up the East Coast grabbing every state that plays D1A. It also keeps the B1G out of the East. If ND does ever join the B1G, they will likely go for KU as RU is already taken. Plus they rather stay MW anyway. So why leave RU open for the B1G to take if/when ND decides to go there?

That keeps just about every yearly rivalry in both sports and is competitively balanced in both.

Unless ND moves for all sports i don't think the ACC makes a move.

Exactly the carousel stops and waits for ND to join for football.

this rutgers is a sleeping giant B.S. also has to stop. they have had a lot of football coaches there and have never been any world beater.
True, but have they ever made winning a serious priority before hiring Shady?

Agree with this also. But I don't think ND goes B12 for all but football. I think it is a smokescreen trying to get the same deal with the ACC.

We've got a team in KC Retro and I can't wait to spport them!

Unless ND moves for all sports i don't think the ACC makes a move.

ND to the ACC is a long shot. If the go B12 IMO they are never coming. They can eventually go B1G and still play USC/Stanford every year in the West and Army/Navy/PSU every year in the East. That keeps them national and they keep EVERY FB rival. Going ACC the have to give up UP and Mich St.

I disagree. Rutgers might be an attractive candidate. As distasteful as it is to consider, Rutgers may be a sleeping giant. Just imagine if they had a top of the line football coach? A good coach could turn that program into something, IMO.

If they go the the Big 10, there is no way kids pass on playing in the Horseshoe, or the Big House, or Beaver Stadium, to play at Rutgers. They have a chicken or the egg problem - they'll need to be good to attract top level recruits...but they will need top level recruits to be good in the Big 10. They could hire the ghost of Rockne to be their coach and it wouldn't matter, they'll suck hind teet in the Big 10.

If they go the the Big 10, there is no way kids pass on playing in the Horseshoe, or the Big House, or Beaver Stadium, to play at Rutgers. They have a chicken or the egg problem - they'll need to be good to attract top level recruits...but they will need top level recruits to be good in the Big 10. They could hire the ghost of Rockne to be their coach and it wouldn't matter, they'll suck hind teet in the Big 10.
I completely agree. They will be mired at the bottom, along with Indiana in football.

But they could have been better in the Big East.

the Big 10 or whatever they are calling themseleves now, is drooling over getting Rutgers. They want them bad. They want ND but not as much. Rutgers is playing it coy. Thinking about their own network.
WEVE ALREADY GOT OUR OWN NETWORK, IT'S CALLED FOX 5, NY1, NBC 4, AND CBS 2 IN THE NYC AREA. ARE YOU KIDDING ME, ARE YOU KIDDING ME, ARE YOU KIDDING ME! NYC'S DMA IS ALL OVER OUR SACK. TWICE AS MANY PEOPLE WATCHED OUR GAME THAN YOUR GAME IN NJ. WHAT NOW??? WE ALMOST DREW AS MANY VIEWERS THAN THE DEVILS, BUT IT WAS BRODEUR'S FIRST GAME BACK! YOU CAN'T MAKE EM LOVE YA!

Absolutely agree. I think right now the ACC has not gone to 16 for two reason.

(1) They wanted to leave room for Notre Dame and a +1. They could have easily went to 16 originally and locked up the entire East coast by grabbing Uconn and Rutgers as 15 and 16 but they wanted to take a crack at ND first. Smart move. Lets hope it pays off

(2) The secondary reason is the ACC didn't want to be seen as the main reason for the death of the Big East. They wanted to kill it slowly by grabbing Pitt and us and then hoping that WVU and Lville would be picked off by other conferences. Once that happened, the Big East would essentially be a goner and the ACC could pick through the remains and grab Uconn and Rutgers as 15 and 16.

The end game for the ACC is 16, IMO. Best case for me is the Irish + Storz.

Absolutely agree. I think right now the ACC has not gone to 16 for two reason.

(1) They wanted to leave room for Notre Dame and a +1. They could have easily went to 16 originally and locked up the entire East coast by grabbing Uconn and Rutgers as 15 and 16 but they wanted to take a crack at ND first. Smart move. Lets hope it pays off

(2) The secondary reason is the ACC didn't want to be seen as the main reason for the death of the Big East. They wanted to kill it slowly by grabbing Pitt and us and then hoping that WVU and Lville would be picked off by other conferences. Once that happened, the Big East would essentially be a goner and the ACC could pick through the remains and grab Uconn and Rutgers as 15 and 16.

The end game for the ACC is 16, IMO. Best case for me is the Irish + Storz.

Good point on not killing the BE. This actually works out for everyone.

WV, UL, Cincy, ND (non FB) to B12.
UConn and RU to ACC
USF to CUSA
UTEP and Utah St to MWC

CUSA and MWC have CCG then a play in game for BCS

BYU, Army, Navy, WAC, MAC, Sun Belt are left needing to grab an at large

That means there are 90 BCS teams, keeping Congress out.