The latest from the Twitterazzi--- | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The latest from the Twitterazzi---

If ND to B1G, the +1 is Rutgers
If ND to ACC, the +1 is Uconn

Actually after following expansion talks for a while, it is Rutgers for both. BC has blocked UCONN to ACC repeatedly. UCONN will not be in ACC. There are no schools in ACC that will really vote against Rutgers so when it comes down to it, Rutgers will get more votes.

I just hope neither leage expands for long enough where Rutgers is off the table after 3+ consecutive 4 win seasons.

Actually if you've been following expansion talk it is Rutgers for both. BC has blocked UCONN to ACC repeatedly. UCONN will not be in ACC. There are no schools in ACC that will really vote against Rutgers so when it comes down to it, Rutgers will get more votes.

If I've been following expansion? I live and breathe it. And if you think BC has the power to block Uconn's entry, especially after DeFillipo's oops moment regarding his ESPN comments, you're nuts.

UConn will be #16 when the ACC completes its puzzle.

If Uconn is passed over for Ruty as the 16th ACC team WOW it will be meltdown central at the boneyard.

If Uconn is passed over for Ruty as the 16th ACC team WOW it will be meltdown central at the boneyard.
they will be.

the ACC is already in New England.

and theres no reason to let someone drive a knife right through the north division of the conference.

they will be.

the ACC is already in New England.

and theres no reason to let someone drive a knife right through the north division of the conference.

I could see it happening because if ND is #15 then BC is going be in their ear about Ruty being 16 instead of Uconn. BC may not be able to straight up block Uconn but they have some influence in the ACC and are tied to ND in hockey I believe and helped ND into that hockey league. So ND says they will come but would prefer Ruty as a favor to BC.

if ND goes to the ACC, the ACC will go to 16...and its rutgers.
So when ESPN "advised" the ACC about expanding to get a bigger contract, why did they originally suggest SU (as primary) and UConn? Why not SU and Rutgers right away?

When BC vetoed UConn, why did the ACC move on to Pitt... instead of Rutgers?

...still hope its ND and whoever...
That was my thought the whole time but the more I think of it the more I'm sick of the overall ND baggage. They're like a black hole with the media.

That was my thought the whole time but the more I think of it the more I'm sick of the overall ND baggage. They're like a black hole with the media.

Notre Dame is a prize regardless of its baggage...ACC really wants Notre Dame...just cannot see Notre Dame competing with teams from the Big 12...profile of Big 12 and Notre Dame is no match...and more importantly, Notre Dame will not lower its academic image for the Big 12...ACC much better fit all around

The ACC will take UConn over Rutgers because UConn brings a much bigger basketball profile, and that's really what the ACC cares about.

And if UConn goes to the ACC, Rutgers will eventually wind up in the Big 10. Eventually. The Big 10 will want to grab a piece of the NY market after UConn joins the ACC.

The final pieces are falling into place.

What if it's ND to the Big XII for everything but football and BYU for football? Leaves Storrz and GTL in a lurch.
I doubt you'll see ND in the Big XII in any way, shape, or form. No connection. no alumni, etc. The reasons have been discussed over and over.

So when ESPN "advised" the ACC about expanding to get a bigger contract, why did they originally suggest SU (as primary) and UConn? Why not SU and Rutgers right away?

When BC vetoed UConn, why did the ACC move on to Pitt... instead of Rutgers?
espn can advise all they want, they are in connecticut of course they would want them to go to the ACC and dont want them to fall into irrelevency. and that was one writers opinion, ive never seen it backed up anywhere, by anyone.

i think the ACC always wanted Pitt and Syracuse, it remains the only smart move. and if BC did veto them, they will continue to, and will likely gain, support...if its not already there.

storz is a nonstarter. smart business leaves them out.

...lets see if Notre Dame, as I and many expect, eventually or even soon, chooses a conference for all in or for other sports. As much as I want Notre Dame, I want them all in or at least have a timetable for that to happen I would be surprised if Notre Dame did anything with the Big 12 because of academics, geography, and the toughness of the football played...if Notre Dame comes to ACC...long shot is PSU...otherwise its Uconn...without Notre Dame Rutgirls comes in...

Actually after following expansion talks for a while, it is Rutgers for both. BC has blocked UCONN to ACC repeatedly. UCONN will not be in ACC. There are no schools in ACC that will really vote against Rutgers so when it comes down to it, Rutgers will get more votes.

I just hope neither leage expands for long enough where Rutgers is off the table after 3+ consecutive 4 win seasons.
I have NO desire to see Rutgers in the ACC. None. That having been said, BC is not driving the bus here. They are 1 of 14 (or 12) votes. They can't blackball forever. I think if the choice comes down to UConn or the girls, it will be UConn. JMO

+1

If ND says, "We want UConn," and BC whines, 13 other voices will yell, "Shut up!" and BC will spend a few days locked in a trunk.
if given a choice, explain to me why ND would rather play a cowschool in the middle of no where playing at a 35k metal bleacher field...over an AAU school, while staying in NYC and playing at Giants Stadium???

if given a choice, explain to me why ND would rather play a cowschool in the middle of no where playing at a 35k metal bleacher field...over an AAU school, while staying in NYC and playing at Giants Stadium???

I'm not saying one way or the other is better, but here is what I would say, if you are making a decision that can impact the next 50 years for UConn, UConn and BC help you lock up NE. If you have ND, you have NYC. If you want more of NYC, you aren't going after RU, you are going after PSU.

RU has dont jack squat. UConn at least can say they went to a BCS game after being DII for most of the time.

We are talking about the very final spot. The strategy, if it is to get NYC, is not dependent on RU. It is dependent on ND, throw in SU and Pitt, and then demolish RU's standing that may be left.

UConn and RU can flip a coin for all that matters. I think there should be a serious overture towards PSU. UConn and RU are basically having the bar lights turn on at 4am and seeing who is still there.

I'm not saying one way or the other is better, but here is what I would say, if you are making a decision that can impact the next 50 years for UConn, UConn and BC help you lock up NE. If you have ND, you have NYC. If you want more of NYC, you aren't going after RU, you are going after PSU.

RU has dont jack squat. UConn at least can say they went to a BCS game after being DII for most of the time.

We are talking about the very final spot. The strategy, if it is to get NYC, is not dependent on RU. It is dependent on ND, throw in SU and Pitt, and then demolish RU's standing that may be left.

UConn and RU can flip a coin for all that matters. I think there should be a serious overture towards PSU. UConn and RU are basically having the bar lights turn on at 4am and seeing who is still there.

The ND-PSU combo has been my dream of 15/16 but its not happening.