The list is short because | Syracusefan.com

The list is short because

Marsh01

Living Legend
We are not going to pay. We can have fun and throw names around, etc but the reality is that we are not going to pay what we really need to pay so we are limited to current staff IMO opinion. Not that is a bad thing...

Raiding the MAC is a time-honored tradition for many coachless D1 programs. Coach Mac had Maine on his resume. The NIU or Ball State guy get snagged up yet? I saw a wish list putting the coach for Troy St on the list. He had some impressive creds. This might be the road that works. We don't necessarily need Parcells or Ditka or the paycheck accompanying that resume level.

Makes a lot of sense, given the pay cut we will be taking to go to the ACC. Oh, wait...

If SU isn't willing to shell out $2 mil/yr for a HC, we will always be stuck with B options moving forward. Really need to wake up.

Raiding the MAC is a time-honored tradition for many coachless D1 programs. Coach Mac had Maine on his resume. The NIU or Ball State guy get snagged up yet? I saw a wish list putting the coach for Troy St on the list. He had some impressive creds. This might be the road that works. We don't necessarily need Parcells or Ditka or the paycheck accompanying that resume level.

NIU guy was Dave Doeren, who is at NC State I believe now.

I am talking about why he left - had nothing to do with his money situation. He was making $1.6m base pay here.

We will pay $2m maybe a bit more. We already showed that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I wish this group would get off the pay situation as to your point it had nothing to do with that. I also think that within a year or so we will be breaking ground on a new PF for football. Doug left because he had a chance to land a job in the NFL. At this point im not sure if he would have stayed if we had built the Taj

I wish this group would get off the pay situation as to your point it had nothing to do with that. I also think that within a year or so we will be breaking ground on a new PF for football. Doug left because he had a chance to land a job in the NFL. At this point im not sure if he would have stayed if we had built the Taj

even with that said, and i totally agree that he wanted to leave, but how about trying to make it hard for him. more money for him and his assistants. at least make an effort, just letting him walk wasn't too encouraging.

If SU isn't willing to shell out $2 mil/yr for a HC, we will always be stuck with B options moving forward. Really need to wake up.

Weren't they willing to pay $2 mil for Skippy and HCRE?

Marrone's extension had brought him over $2M?

Marrone's extension had brought him over $2M?
Yeah, but what was his buy-out? I'm guessing were not going to get much more than $500K to $1MM from the Bills, if we even get that much.

Yeah, but what was his buy-out? I'm guessing were not going to get much more than $500K to $1MM from the Bills, if we even get that much.

Sounds like Doug just bought us a new facility.

even with that said, and i totally agree that he wanted to leave, but how about trying to make it hard for him. more money for him and his assistants. at least make an effort, just letting him walk wasn't too encouraging.
If it isnt about money it isnt about money

Interesting point as far as the buyout amount. Actually, for all we know maybe the extension terms were not actually executed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom