The Look Test | Syracusefan.com

The Look Test

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
One of the most impressive aspects of the SU squad this year is how many players actually look like the strength and conditioning program has done more than just improve their aerobic conditioning. Up and down the roster, from Dungey, to the linemen, to the linebackers, even the DBs and WRs, guys look jacked. Even guys like Riley and N. Johnson. They may be small guys, but they are solid. Not much baby fat on SU players these days. The S&C coaches are doing a great job molding these guys, or motivating them to dedicate themselves to transforming their bodies.

Over the past couple years, every game it seemed as though several of our players would get hurt throughout the course of the game. That's what happens when you have smaller guys competing against bigger opponents who are stronger, faster, and more physically capable. This year, no matter who we played invariably it was the other team who is getting dinged up. Not because of dirty play, but rather because our players are now bigger, stronger, faster.

We finally have ACC athletes were capable of competing. We're not quite where we need to be yet, but we are much further along the path than I think anyone could have reasonably expected in just a short time. Dino Babers and the coaching staff have done a remarkable job improving the talent base and athleticism of this team in a very short amount of time

Last edited:
Over the past couple years, every game that seemed as though several of our players we get hurt throughout the course of the game. That's what happens when you have smaller guys competing against bigger opponents were stronger, faster, and more physically capable. This year, no matter who we played invariably was the other team who is getting dinged up. Not because of dirty play, but rather because our players are now bigger, stronger, faster.

we finally have ACC athletes were capable of competing. We're not quite where we need to be yet, but we are much further along the path than I think anyone could have reasonably expected in just a short time. Dino babers and the coaching staff have done a remarkable job improving the talent base and athleticism of this team in a very short amount of time
Nice points. I think being competitive is all we can really hope/expect on a yearly basis. Babers and the dome give us advantages, at least for a while. Babers' is the guy that can seize that opportunity and I feel good for him and better for the rest of us. Good times ahead...

Went to the SU/Notre Dame game at the Meadowlands last year. Really noticeable difference when watching from the stands than on tv. It was glaring how over-matched we were on both sides of the line. The OL and DL for Notre Dame were mammoth. We're definitely catching up.

Went to the SU/Notre Dame game at the Meadowlands last year. Really noticeable difference when watching from the stands than on tv. It was glaring how over-matched we were on both sides of the line. The OL and DL for Notre Dame were mammoth. We're definitely catching up.
No doubt, and those are the two positional units we've traditionally struggled with. We won't get where we need to go without being able to compete in the trenches against elite teams. But I like what I'm seeing from this coaching staff in terms of recruiting on both sides of the line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom