The masses are catching on | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The masses are catching on

Status
Not open for further replies.

...which is why anyone expressing that JB should be allowed to stay as long as he wants is misguided, at best, or misinformed about the steeply declining program trajectory over a 9-year span.

The program desperately needs a complete change in direction with respect to the coaching staff and an infusion of new ideas to get back on track.

I have read many times in this forum that the big-money donors are backing Jim and not pushing for him to resign. Eventually, they will pull the cord but obviously in most eyes not soon enough. I would love for Jim to head out the door in a positive light but he will continue to drag this out and damage his program.

...which is why anyone expressing that JB should be allowed to stay as long as he wants is misguided, at best, or misinformed about the steeply declining program trajectory over a 9-year span.

The program desperately needs a complete change in direction with respect to the coaching staff and an infusion of new ideas to get back on track.

Make it happen, pull a nostalgia move and go full script on the jerseys but with a different brand of basketball. Has to have Weitsman involved to help promote along with using our reach with having so many cuse folks in the media as well. Need a full on blitz.

Pull on the levers we've not pulled on as much given it wasn't seen as necessary.

I'm fairly certain this is his final year.
It this something you have thought (or heard) since before the season started or a new opinion based on the bad start and current 3-game losing streak?

It this something you have thought (or heard) since before the season started or a new opinion based on the bad start and current 3-game losing streak?
Thought (and heard) it before the season.

Wonder if we will get a classic JB/media this Saturday

Yep. Maybe Red can lead, but the more I watch this team, the more convinced I am that they need someone from the outside. I don't know if Syracuse needs to go the mid-major route like Mizzou has but they definitely need someone who can develop players and do what needs to be done to accrue talent in the current climate, whether it's NIL, the transfer portal or a combination.

Until then, I'm all for getting embarrassed on primetime national TV if it'll apply pressure for something to get done. I'm so over a good season consisting of squeaking into the tournament to buy JB a pass for the next three years. We aren't even putting guys in the lottery anymore.
Right, that’s part of my point…we should be able to make a better hire than Gates. (And that’s nothing against Gates.)

To be fair, this guy is a Cuse alum. Doesn’t qualify as part of the “masses” like Fraschilla and the other Barstool guy.

Speaking of Fraschilla, I wish he would have mentioned reinstating the 101 wins. To get JB to listen, you have to butter him up first. He’s probably going to dismiss Fraschilla’s comments as sour grapes over that loss in the Big East tournament.

The ACC doesn’t like Syracuse. It’s obvious.

Again that doesn't answer my question though. Also while we've seen some odd southern bias at times this was about more than just us so the ACC hates all the former BE teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom