The masses are catching on | Syracusefan.com

The masses are catching on

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s going to be a sad one when JB realizes it’s over and states such at a presser. It’s over and said presser is coming. The sooner the better for the program to shift gears and move on. It’s a few years overdue if not more.

The transition from elite program to irrelevant but then back to relevancy but because of the stunning depths the program has fallen to is sad to watch.

We’re playing with fire on becoming one of those punchline fan bases chasing their past and always thinking they’re just one coaching hire away.

The transition from elite program to irrelevant but then back to relevancy but because of the stunning depths the program has fallen to is sad to watch.

We’re playing with fire on becoming one of those punchline fan bases chasing their past and always thinking they’re just one coaching hire away.
Sounds like football,

It’s going to be a sad one when JB realizes it’s over and states such at a presser. It’s over and said presser is coming. The sooner the better for the program to shift gears and move on. It’s a few years overdue if not more.

I worry he isn’t going to realize it, and there will be no choice for Syracuse but to force a really ugly ending.

1669818733913.gif

You think he has a mid-season presser where he steps down?

With this much negative publicity, I think it's becoming impossible to allow this to continue. Jim Boeheim has served Syracuse brilliantly for so long, but all things come to an end. Jim has pride, and this can't possibly be how he wants to be remembered. We need to move on so the program has a chance to recover from last few years. If they make a homerun hire we can be relevant again. We have great facilities, and a tremendous fan base. That said, the time to move on is now. I'm not sure who I would hire... allow Red or Gmac to be an interim head coach, and then look at our options. Hopkins hasn't exactly lit it up at Washington, but I think he's better than Red or Gmac. Personally, I want a fresh slate, and new life injected into the program. I hope it happens sooner than later.

With this much negative publicity, I think it's becoming impossible to allow this to continue. Jim Boeheim has served Syracuse brilliantly for so long, but all things come to an end. Jim has pride, and this can't possibly be how he wants to be remembered. We need to move on so the program has a chance to recover from last few years. If they make a homerun hire we can be relevant again. We have great facilities, and a tremendous fan base. That said, the time to move on is now. I'm not sure who I would hire... allow Red or Gmac to be an interim head coach, and then look at our options. Hopkins hasn't exactly lit it up at Washington, but I think he's better than Red or Gmac. Personally, I want a fresh slate, and new life injected into the program. I hope it happens sooner than later.

do we know if Jim wants to stop getting paid a handsome sum of money from Syracuse and what his contract situation is? If he resigns, that money is gonzo.

Anyone know what his contract is right now?

No I don’t think he will step down mid season.
He is no quitter. I expect this is it for him, it might be a good idea name a replacement after the new year. Let JAB have a little farewell tour and give recruits an idea of who they will play for, otherwise the new coach better be a portal master on day one.

He is no quitter. I expect this is it for him, it might be a good idea name a replacement after the new year. Let JAB have a little farewell tour and give recruits an idea of who they will play for, otherwise the new coach better be a portal master on day one.
If you look at Mizzou, new HC Dennis Gates came over from Cleveland State and brought a bunch of his players with him. He also convinced some of the key players at Mizzou to stay. That’s helped with continuity and the Tigers are off to an 8-0 start. (Granted, they haven’t played anyone yet.)

I imagine something similar will happen with any outside hire. Keep as much of the core as possible, bring in your guys, and use the portal for the rest. Depending on who we hire, the turnaround could happen overnight. Or maybe one rough season to rebuild. It really shouldn’t take longer than that, especially if Weitsman follows through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom