The masses are catching on | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

The masses are catching on

Status
Not open for further replies.
For giggles, I graphed our KenPom ranking for each season to present. Obviously, this season can change, but I'm not sure how much better it could get - maybe into the 60s?

That's a 3-season moving average on there. When 40 is the best we can hope for ...
View attachment 222693
I remember when 2006-08 was a terrible blip that felt like it lasted forever……

"We've been the same thing for the last 30 years."
"The portal is all about money."

So what you're saying is that (1) the college basketball landscape is hugely different now (with the portal and NIL), but (2) we can't or won't compete in the portal, but (3) we are still building a roster the same way we did before NIL and portal existed. Doesn't that seem like an unwise approach, Coach?

"We've been the same thing for the last 30 years."
"The portal is all about money."

So what you're saying is that (1) the college basketball landscape is hugely different now (with the portal and NIL), but (2) we can't or won't compete in the portal, but (3) we are still building a roster the same way we did before NIL and portal existed. Doesn't that seem like an unwise approach, Coach?
Let's say that ND doesn't go well on Saturday, who is going to ask that question at the post-game press conference.

I was hoping JB was sticking it out because he wanted to be the legend that adapted with NIL unlike Roy and K who retired rather than deal with it.

Instead JB is just… existing? He doesn’t seem to be doing much. It’s frustrating and kinda sad.

Bryant loses by 12 to Brown, Colgate loses by 27 to Auburn... And Illinois is down 7 at half to Maryland.
A lot of parody in college hoops, but Colgate & Bryant are not good. If they were to win their leagues, they're 15 seeds at best. Colgate likely a 16.

Oh by the way, Richmond lost to Toledo by 23. Think about that for a second.

You think he has a mid-season presser where he steps down?

No, I think they will announce it within a couple weeks after the season. Ideally, they would have already hired his replacement, and it won't be one of the existing staff.

Oh geez, that's rough. Knives are coming out, apparently.
I did say after about our 2nd game that I was concerned about us having 5 losses before Christmas. That's looking optimistic right about now.

It means we're still relevant and may incite change. Bring it on.

Yeah, I just LOVED being in all those "Bottom 10 Polls" during Gerg's years.

JB deserves credit for keeping the BB program relevant for almost 50 years.

The fanbase deserves credit for its incredible support.

The sad thing for me is that after that incredible fan support for many years (the best in the country/screw Kentucky) the Athletic Department has let those loyal fans down. No way this program should have been allowed to degrade as badly as it has. An off-year or two maybe, but this has been evident since we joined the ACC and particularly these past few years.

We may have been spoiled, but we have supported the program like no other fan base. This should have never been allowed to happen. It's not like the downward trend happened suddenly and without warning.

JB may not think so, but he should show some appreciation and gratitude for the amazing fan support the program has received going back even before the Dome was built. In my opinion, he's let us down in recent years.

JB and the loyal and consistent support of the fan base have made this program what it ...was.

The athletic department is asleep at the wheel.

The lack of an audience this season is going to make things happen. Attendance is going to be ugly.

Yeah, I just LOVED being in all those "Bottom 10 Polls" during Gerg's years.
I used to read that every week in ESPN and hope that somehow we would be left out and consider it an accomplishment when we did escape it.

Yep.

7b3cde95-aab4-4817-ba6a-92ac56b5fb10-jpeg.216961
Boeheim also added "I do wish a couple of the guys knew how to play canasta. It's a great fun and a wonderful way to pass the time while I'm at home and my colleagues are out on the road recruiting."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom