the more i look at usc the better i like our chances. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

the more i look at usc the better i like our chances.

This is a house money game pure and simple. Zero expectations.

Just curious, as I usually lean on the optimistic side but am not seeing this at all. What one position matchup would you give the edge to SU? Serious inquiry. Give me one position group where you think SU has an edge on SC. I am seriously interested in hearing the logic because I am writing my Gameface and see no edge to SU anywhere. OL? SC's inexperienced group has yielded one sack, and they have a dropback QB who is no more mobile than Nassib. Secondary? Porous unit last season has allowed half as many TD passes and 25 fewer yards per game than SU's against better competition. Help me here.

USC is bigger than us across the board, and probably faster. Caught enough of them the last two weeks to be worried about our well being. I would like to believe otherwise, but this is just Gross's vanity game.

Just curious, as I usually lean on the optimistic side but am not seeing this at all. What one position matchup would you give the edge to SU? Serious inquiry. Give me one position group where you think SU has an edge on SC. I am seriously interested in hearing the logic because I am writing my Gameface and see no edge to SU anywhere. OL? SC's inexperienced group has yielded one sack, and they have a dropback QB who is no more mobile than Nassib. Secondary? Porous unit last season has allowed half as many TD passes and 25 fewer yards per game than SU's against better competition. Help me here.

Agree.

The only open iquestion s how bad will it be.

This program isn't there yet, and there's no shame in that.

3rd game at home in a row. non conf game. smallest crowd of the year for USC 65k.. a team they give no shot to. young error prone team. Utah and Minn threw for more vs USC than they did their other games. our shot is they make more mistakes than we do..

Agree.

The only open iquestion s how bad will it be.

This program isn't there yet, and there's no shame in that.

If SU does win it won't necessarily be talent driven. USC is undisciplined and their athleticism helps to make up for some of those issues but they can be exposed just like any other college football team. Kiffin will make his fair share of mistakes as well ... plus its arguable that Barkley is more mobile than Nassib ... of course he doesn't leave the pocket frequently so it is hard to truly gauge. Talent is not the sole discriminator when it comes to winning ball games ... and I hope SU can snatch one on the west coast for a change.

1.) barkley is not a scrambler/runner

2.) inexperienced o-line

3.)starts two freshmen olb. like us

4.) fr. runningback and w.r.

5.) lane kiffian as their head coach

6.) the fans show no respect for syracuse and the big east at all,but our track record might back that up

7.) barkley is awfully lucky that he hasn't thrown for alot more interceptions so far this season.

i guess from their board utah should have 4 more in that game and one was a pick "6" that should have been caught

this team might be prime for a good defensive scheme by shafer...gut feeling here

If there is a game this year to break out a no huddle offense, this is the one. I would like to put the ball in Nassib's hands and ball control through the air...do what you can to keep the Trojans from substituting and try to tire out their line early.

This is a game that Provo and David may really need to step up in...I think it will really be an interesting one.

SUOrange44

Kicker. I think Krautman we will be the best kicker in the game. And if we want to win, we will probably need a lot of his help.

We can win, we just need to put together a helluva game. Our OL is going to have to come together really quickly. We'll need to hit the open receivers and be more disciplined than USC.

This isn't Alabama. We have a shot. Albeit a long one.

I am sick of hearing doomsayers !!!

Yes, they could get blown out, & YES, they could pull off the upset win. USC is NOT a championship caliber team anymore, & they probably will not get there while pretty boy is at the helm.

The biggest problem with the defense has been discipline. The team is overpursuing & undertackling. This is all CORRECTABLE within a week of practices. Don't be surprised if the Syracuse D comes out & punches USC in the teeth out of the gate...

This squad needs to come out with some toughness & swagger, not concerned about the final score, but an abiding desire to BEAT DOWN every USC player on that field. They have enough talent to stay in the game, so the deciding factor is attitude... NO FEAR !!!

They shouldn't be upset if they get a few penalties for roughness, as long as they are stabbing a little more terror into the opponents head on every fresh down...

Buzzkill.
\
spicoli.jpg

:)

USC is bigger than us across the board, and probably faster. Caught enough of them the last two weeks to be worried about our well being. I would like to believe otherwise, but this is just Gross's vanity game.

Just looked at their roster and I'm not seeing where they are significantly bigger then us. There are a few positions where they are a little bigger but nothing screams David vs. Goliath. Would you mind breaking down the rosters because it looks like I'm missing where they are "bigger than us across the board". Obviously you weren't talking about 10 pounds and a couple inches of difference when your implying how much bigger they are, I hope.

I watched their two games, and our two games. There's really no need to break down a roster, I am a fan watching at home.

Like Dave said, he doesn't see it based on those matchups. I would hope he is wrong, but the eye test said otherwise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom