The mucho macho Grayson Allen Story lines | Syracusefan.com

The mucho macho Grayson Allen Story lines

It was probably an accumulation of things from earlier in the game or past games.

Take a look again when he swings up high when they are out of bounds He may have caught part of his face. Players court side and in the game have a much better look at it. Hard to tell from the angle, but the kid has put "himself" into this position

Take a look again when he swings up high when they are out of bounds He may have caught part of his face. Players court side and in the game have a much better look at it. Hard to tell from the angle, but the kid has put "himself" into this position

Just like fans don't really give him the benefit of the doubt, I am sure the opponents feel the same way. Add in the annoying smirk and he is a target.

give me a break. he was going for the ball. Jesus. this kid has enough problems, let's not go ahead and make things up. Our players do things like this every game.

What Grayson did was common and accidental. The other players who came at him are the ones who should be admonished or given a technical.
Starting with the Duke walk-on who literally bear hugged him & threw him down into a seat on the bench. They've probably been instructed to do so at this point.

Also saw some things thrown in his direction from the GT crowd. Totally uncalled for.

I didn't think he did anything to warrant that reaction but he does play for Duke so I don't feel sorry for him. His reputation proceeds him now.

Even if that did happen it was incidental contact of the same kind that occurs on most loose ball scrums. The kid from Wake should have received a technical and maybe disqualification for coming in grabbing Allen from behind and throwing him to the bench. No justification for him putting his hands on Allen in that situation no matter how big a douche bag Allen may be.

Even if that did happen it was incidental contact of the same kind that occurs on most loose ball scrums. The kid from Wake should have received a technical and maybe disqualification for coming in grabbing Allen from behind and throwing him to the bench. No justification for him putting his hands on Allen in that situation no matter how big a douche bag Allen may be.

Childress got a tech which he deserved. He didn't throw a punch so that seems to be the right call.

To me it looked like Allen grabbed the wake kid and held his arm to prevent him from getting to the ball. Should have been called an intentional foul. Two shots for WF and the ball.

That play was nothing but overreactions to other players on both sides who thought more was going on. The wake kid who came in was trying to pull the first wake kid away, thinking the first wake kid was peeved and about to get into something. The Duke bench hysterically jerks Allen away, thinking he had done something.

Childress got a tech which he deserved. He didn't throw a punch so that seems to be the right call.

To me it looked like Allen grabbed the wake kid and held his arm to prevent him from getting to the ball. Should have been called an intentional foul. Two shots for WF and the ball.
This.

No idea why someone would have posted above that it didn't look like he did anything wrong--unless that meant only when everyone was huddled together. Has anyone been to a game or seen footage of whether he runs his mouth a lot, or if he frequently throws The Kobe Elbow(TM)?

I'm with everyone who says Allen will always have a presumption of guilt and/or malfeasance from now on. There's clutching and grabbing in every game, but when it comes from a guy who has openly tripped two fellow athletes during game action and then kicked another out of frustration earlier this season, everyone--very much including opponents--will come in with a baseline animosity level that's tantamount to a no-tolerance policy. The accumulation of things he's done takes him from cheater to dirty cheater, and that's going to galvanize almost all of his critics and opponents. Frankly, I think he deserves it. His rep truly does precede him now. There's a reason why you don't see this every game, or every season. It's exceptional. Reminds me of a sneakier (and admittedly less egregious and Materazzi-like) version of that soccer gal from a few years ago who was smashing and grabbing her opponents even when the ball was nowhere near them. F players like them.

He grabbed a guy by the arm on a loose ball, happens almost every loose ball.
TBH I haven't seen a kid grab another kid by the arm to prevent a loose ball recovery since gym class in grade school. Seems like a real bitch move, especially at this level.

If it happens on every loose ball then I must be blind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom